Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by batman900

1. B

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

First daily drive on stock height with these up front. Being so close to the axel they engage a lot on my rough small town roads. Its a firm, controlled engagement, not harsh at all and greatly improved the handling. I was worried after installing them because it's about 1/3 inch from the axel...
  2. B

Thuren V2 Boogie Bumps

My 2500 is stock ride height and these V2 sit near the axel like your Sumos did, closer on the passenger side than the driver. Won't get a chance to try them out until tomorrow but I'm hoping the soft engagement means I won't need to lift. I didn't bottom out often but it does happen...
  3. B

RAM’s warranty process has destroyed my desire for the brand.

I'm with @flan Granted I have a good dealer, gave one of the service advisors my oem new Firestones when upgrading and it helped out his dad. He's super cool to me. But if I had trouble with them saying something is normal when I knew it was bad, I'd just send it and let it grenade. Hard to...
  4. B

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Headed to the parents in Austin TX for a couple days to pick up a generator, everything around where I live "Marietta OK" is sold out after the tornados. Installed my Lomax cover while there and props to mom for the quick eyeball table-saw cut on the tailgate cover so the Lomax would fit flush...
  5. B

I’m interested in the bump stops as well. Kind of pricey for what they are but we have very bad roads so anything helps. Edit: Said screw it and ordered. Install looks easy besides getting the fluid film I sprayed all over me.
  6. B

Lol! I didn’t notice that until I took the picture. She said she “doesn’t recall” where it happened. Smh
  7. B

Method 301 and a Ranch Hand. Waiting on my Lomax tonneau to show up and she will be done. Also put on a few mods for the wife's 4Runner for her. She's working on a purple theme.
  8. B

Regens at alarming rate!

Yep, he took it back to them 4+ times. Nyle Maxwell in Taylor TX. They trash
  9. B

Lets see what you are towing!

1st tow. Removed our brush pile, some trash and a dead tree. Nothing a 1500 couldn't handle. I wanted to see how big of a mistake I made going with the 5 inch B&W instead of a 7 inch. It's a little nose high but not bad. I usually borrow the uncle-in-law's old solid metal trailer which weighs...
  10. B

Regens at alarming rate!

My father's 23 was allowing the regen fumes into the cab as well. It was sickening and by far the worst part of this issue. His dealer couldn't figure it out either. The truck is gone now.
  11. B

Oil change intervals

I received 4 free changes for 24 months with my purchase but I only do about 6k miles a year. I'll probably do my first change early at 6 months and then the next 2 at 9 month intervals. I'll be sacrificing one free change which sucks but it seems like a waste otherwise....
  12. B

2022 3500 Creaking Noise In Steering Column/Wheel

Update on my issue. Dealership replaced the clock spring today and it’s quiet as a field mouse now. Thank goodness!
  13. B

Crazy Insurance Rates on new 3500

I had switched from State Farm to Allstate a year ago to save money after 25 years with SF. When I got my RAM, the rate for my truck was substantially more than our other 3 vehicles combined. Jumped ship to Progressive at half the price. It's odd because the 23 Tundra 1794 I briefly owned had an...
  14. B

2022 3500 Creaking Noise In Steering Column/Wheel

Dang I wish I had that when I took my truck for them to look at. I'll take it with me when I bring the truck back to them for the clock spring replacement.
  15. B

KUMHO AT52 285/65-R20. These had good reviews and did well on TireRack's test. Decided to save $300 over Cooper or Falken and try them out. They Ride smooth and pretty dang quiet, no noticeable balancing issues. Sadly the dealer did put some scratches on the wheels. I went to Discount Tire for...