Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by BallstonSpaKW

1. B

Add on step for factory wheel-to-wheel side steps

We have a 2021 RAM 2500 crew cab 4x4 with factory chrome wheel-to-wheel side steps, and my vertically challenged wife is starting to have issues getting into the front. We carry a small stool, but then thats a problem to set up before getting out or picking back up again after getting back in...
  2. B

service air suspension

I also had an airbag failure while towing (2021 2500 Bighorn 4x4 Hemi Crew Short Bed) and had to limp back home. Please see https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/factory-air-suspension-2021-2500-bighorn.13583/ But what i am interested in now is a plan b. Please post over in the other...
  3. B

Factory Air Suspension 2021 2500 Bighorn

I checked with Timbren and this is the message I got back from one of their engineers: “our SES kits are designed to help the main suspension (air bags, leaf or coil) of the vehicle but not as a direct replacement of it. I am not sure how long it can hold the weight of the entire truck but I...
  4. B

Thank you both for those suggestions. I coincidentally had my truck in for service this past week and asked the service manager to see if he could research for any warranty supported options, but both of your ideas warrant further research. Since it’s a little less expensive I will start by...
  5. B

Thank you. Looks like a little more than I wanted to spend for a spare. But thanks for the part number - it let me find the correct section in the parts lookup for some other ideas. So, as an emergency backup solution, could I temporarily use a coil spring on one side and put the air suspension...
  6. B

While towing my 9000 lb. trailer two years ago one of the airbags burst and we got a “Service Air Suspension System Immediately” message, you could feel the rear end lower, and the trailer/truck combination became really difficult to handle at anything over 30 mph. This is when we found out...
  7. B

Truck TPMS and trailer TPMS data display together?

I have a 2021 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab, 6.4 hemi, with factory TTPMS installed. Both trailer and truck TPMS data shows up correctly, but on 2 different front cluster displays - menu item 2 Info, and menu item 7, one of the sub menus associated with Trailer. On a recent trip I was monitoring the...
  8. B

Air Suspension out AGAIN

I checked earlier (Sept. or Oct. 2021) and couldn’t find anyone else reporting any airbag issues. 2021 RAM Bighorn 2500 Hemi Cab Crew with factory air suspension and it blew an airbag while towing a 9000 lb. trailer with just over 5000 miles. Dealer at first said the exhaust pipe burned a hole...
  9. B

2020 2500 Front Tow Hooks

It might be obvious after I remove the bumper, but which way do the 2 small hooks (bumps) on the larger tow hook face - up or down? Thanks.
  10. B

Thanks for the tips. I think when everything gets here I will remove the bumper first. The lower replacement grill is on nationwide backorder (68384296AA), so I don’t know how long that will take to get here. Do the “hooks” go on the top or the bottom? And to remove the bumper do I need to...
  11. B

I have a 2021 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 6.4L Hemi 6’4“ box, 4.10 rear and a few other options, but didn’t think to order tow hooks. Actually, a little glad I didn’t as they would have come in chrome and the spouse prefers black. So I would like to ask a few questions. If I want to add them now, can...