Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by AndyBern

1. A

For uConnect 5 users, do you use your USB drives for music?

Glad it worked for you. Most of my MP3's were converted from my CD collection. Some are the entire CD in a single MP3 file as I don't like the short silence between tracks. I also added album-art (using kid3-cli for Linux) to most of them which UConnect displays fine. About 10% of the time the...
  2. A

I formatted my 128Gb drive as NTFS and my 2022 Big Horn recognizes it about 90% of the time. I have about 4000 mp3 files on it.
  3. A

It's an Android (LG V20). It works fine with other vehicles. Only uConnect doesn't resume correctly.
  4. A

I use USB for my music. I don't want to pay for any kind of subscription service, and cell phone service is not available everywhere I live. Also, playing from the phone has issues such as playback not resuming where it left off on restart or after a phone call (which doesn't work well for audio...
  5. A

Carplay intermittent

Mine intermittently (maybe 20% of the time) does not recognize a thumbdrive in the USB slot. May be the same problem.
  6. A

I use USB for music. But about 30% of the time, it doesn't recognize the USB and switches to Sirius or radio. About 20% of the time it forgets where it was and starts over at the first song.
  7. A

Vinyl Floors + Floor mats?? Carpet —> Vinyl conversion

I ordered carpet delete, but it came with carpet anyway. The dealer said the premium seats forced it to carpet. Doesn't sound right to me. Anyway, the Husky Xact Contour looks good.
  8. A

New Ram 2500 owner

I'm getting a cap anyway. Most of my mileage is highway. In the city I would expect it to lower the mileage due to the added weight.
  9. A

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

Playing music from the flash drive works fine; only my BT works this way. I was looking for a setting on the phone or truck for it, but didn't find it. (The phone is set up right anyway, because continues where it left off on other BT playback devices.)
  10. A

New Ram 2500 owner

My 1996 Ford F-150 died with over 200k on it, so I decided to get a new Ram as a retirement present. I was working as a govt contractor and we drove Rams for work trucks and had our own vehicle maintenance shop. I asked one of the mechanics what he thought of them and he said he liked them very...
  11. A

2022 Uconnect 5 12.0 Glitches

I just got a 2022 Ram 2200 with an 8" uConnect and no nav subscription. It's glitchy as well. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it detects my phone over Bluetooth, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it detects my USB thumb drive, sometimes it doesn't (even after repeated...