Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by amauri

1. A

Gooseneck ball and chain tiedown kit, factory puck system

I've used this about six times, nothing wrong with it and no signs of abnormal wear. $175 + shipping
  2. A

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

Thanks for all the replies. Yesterday I stopped for fuel at a Love's and spoke to the trucker on the next lane, he also said I-40 is rough and recommended I-10. I plan on making the first overnight stop in Tucson, second stop in Van Horn and arrive in Weatherford on the third day. About eight...
  3. A

best route towing from LAX to DFW, I-10 or I-40?

Planning on a road trip from LA to just west of Ft Worth next month, towing a 15k 5th wheel. I believe the I-10 to I-20 is the most direct and flattest route. But I'm tempted to go I-40 to 84 and I-20 instead. The Northern route should be more scenic, but more hills to climb and about 30 miles...
  4. A

Lets see what you are towing!

I checked uhaul, they don't have anything even close to that size. I plan on using it as long as I need, and then sell it. Even if I can recoup 80% of what I paid, still cheaper than renting. And I can take my time with the move.
  5. A

I'm looking for either a 36' gooseneck or a 28' bumper pull. Two 7k axles or three 5k axles would do it for the payload. Prices are high but lower than six months ago. Just got a quote for a 30' triple axle BP for $16.5k +tx. We're moving 900 miles away and with all my stuff, it will require...
  6. A

I need that trailer! We're moving out of state this Summer and need to find like that to haul away all our stuff. What is the length and GVWR on that trailer?
  7. A

Now that's the setup I'd get if we decide to sell out house and go on the road full time:)
  8. A

No Gooseneck Prep Kit for My VIN?

" Any ideas what is going on here?" Do you have Ram Boxes on your truck?
  9. A

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Mine is a 2WD built on 5/22 Trans serial 2D-0687 10k miles so far no issues
  10. A

sidielin1989... Not trying to be disrespectful, but if you expect us to believe that you have three broken trucks, you will need to provide additional info. -please introduce yourself in the new members sub forum https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?forums/new-member-introductions.5/ -what is...
  11. A

mbarber84... is that ID tag off your truck?
  12. A

Any guess as to what the serial number code indicates? Maybe something like: 1st digit = year 2nd digit = month last four = sequence number for that month
  13. A

WTB: large enclosed trailer somewhere in the southwest

Planning on moving this Summer and need a large enclosed cargo trailer to move our household, some cars, and all my stuff. Ideally an 8.5X30 trailer with a 15k GVWR. I'm located in southern California. Thanks
  14. A

Winter towing & camping with 5th wheel

Thanks for the well wishes. Climbing on the roof to clear all that show would surely result is a serious fall. I brought along a lightweight ladder and a push broom that I used to clear the slides. I was expecting some snow on this trip and tried to prepare for it.
  15. A

Winter towing & camping with 5th wheel

Thanks, the book says it's 35' but I measure 36'