Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by Agar426

1. A

Why is my DPF clogging, forcing a dealer regen after long drive?

Interesting turn of events.....I made an appointment at the dealership for an oil change and fuel filter change, hoping they could also squeeze in the forced regen (they thought they might be able to). EIther way, I need the oil changed, and was planning on making the appointment for the forced...
  2. A

Great feedback, thank you everyone! The truck has only told me to "keep driving" twice since new. Once while I was literally pulling into my driveway, so I turned around and went for a drive. The second time was after the dealer did a forced regen, on the drive home the message was on from...
  3. A

Damn! Sounds like I should have been lectured on more than just (not) getting groceries. Ok, let's see: 1) 52k 2) No 3) I monitor the DPF gauge, and it reads 0 most of the time. I checked it on the way to PHX and it was 0, but didn't check on the way back. If the truck tells me to keep...
  4. A

The past two weekends, I drove my 2019 2500 to Phoenix and back, 8 hours each direction at interstate speeds. The last leg was this past Sunday.....8 hours at interstate speeds, then parked for the work week, which I use my Jeep TJ for my daily. My son borrowed my truck this evening to go work...
  5. A

Will there be a recall on the radio?

I've had my 2019 just over a year, and am scheduled to get my third 12" unit installed next week. I love the truck, and if I were to do it again, I would still order the 12" upgrade, but damn....I wish some of the functions weren't tied to it. It goes black, and won't respond. Or, the touch...
  6. A

New Update For 12-Inch Uconnect System To Introduce Pandora Stations:

This is great news. Unfortunately, I fear it will be another feature I won't be able to access when the radio craps out......I'm getting my third unit installed next week, and I've had the truck just over a year. Hopefully it this one lasts, as I would really like having the Pandora option in...
  7. A

Popping sound

I've got the same issue on my '19 2500. I usually feel it when off road, or when entering a parking lot from the street, and the transition is substantial. It also only happens when I hit the transition at an angle (one tire at a time). Dealership looked at it several times, kept the truck...
  8. A

Hood Emblem Replacement

Liking it! Questions: 1) How did you get the black emblems....simple call to the dealership? Other options? Price? 2) Are they a combination of bolt on/stick on? 3) If they are stick on (I am guessing the Cummins emblem on the fender is stick on?), is it tough to get the old ones off...
  9. A

How to Cancel an Active Route on the 12" Nav?

Crap! Just realized that there was a Uconnect section.....any way a mod can move this thread there?
  10. A

How to Cancel an Active Route on the 12" Nav?

Just picked my Laramie over the weekend. My test drive was a 1200 mile drive home, so I got to know it pretty well. But....I have what is probably a silly question. How do I cancel a route on the nav system. On my way home, whenever I decided to take a detour off the planned route, I kept...
  11. A

Inner wheel liners on Laramie?

When building a 2500 online, you used to be able to add the rear wheel well liners on the Laramie, but now you can't . It's still an option on the Bighorn and lower. Even the dealer stated there was nothing in their parts house for a Laramie. Why is this? Also.....why is this even an option...
  12. A

35x12.50 or 315/70/r17?

That makes a lot of sense! I think either one would work fine. I'm struggling with wheel selection. The wheel I like has a -12 offset, but I hear Rams work better with a +12 thru +25 offset. I think clearance will be ok with -12, but....will it look goofy? Will it be harder on the front...
  13. A

35x12.50 or 315/70/r17?

I've put a deposit down on a 2019 2500 CTD Crew Cab Laramie. I am planning on having the Carli leveling kit installed right at the dealership, and am trying to decide which tires to go with. I am leaning towards the Toyo Open Country M/Ts, and was planning on the 35x12.50r17s, but am now...
  14. A

Carli Level Kit

I am getting ready to buy, and was planning on having the dealership install the Carli setup. That nose high look isn't something I was expecting. Has it settled? On my 2007.5 2500, the Carli level kit, known as the 'starter' kit back then, also included a 1" gain for the rear.