Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recent content by 406Linetrash

1. 406Linetrash

Some people are NUTS!!!

I get the sentiment. I really do. Unfortunately, with these people it’s usually others that pay the price.
  2. 406Linetrash

6.4L Hemi information needed.

Had a 2020 CCSB 6.4 4.10’s. Leveled on 285/75/18 all terrains. Went to gas from diesel as truck was sitting a lot and not going as far. Live in the Rockies. Traveled all over. Mileage empty 12. Multiple single digit tanks even empty. Pulling Polaris ranger on double axle trailer. 10 Pulling 30’...
  3. 406Linetrash

BedRug/5th wheel psa

Bedrug list their carpet as not compatable with 5th wheel hitch. These style factory legs work just fine. There’s clearance between the legs and rug everywhere. This style adapter won’t work at all. Once you adjust it to where you can stand on it and damn near beat it closed. There is still...
  4. 406Linetrash

Side steps/Nerf bars, etc.

How have these been holding up? I’ve read not so great reviews, and saw two jeeps in an Rv park with them stuck down.
  5. 406Linetrash

Complete Fluid change

Pick any name brand fluid that meets the specs. I used synthetic in all mine. I did all mine at 65k. Just have trans left to do cause I ran out of time. Front diff and transfer case were ready for sure. Trans doesn’t look bad. But could use it.
  6. 406Linetrash

Another tire discussion - snow/wet road performance

I can tell you the Nitto RG should be very comparable to my Toyo rt’s, and they are coming off before another winter. They are terrible in winter conditions.
  7. 406Linetrash

Tonneau Covers

I just ordered an extang xceed. Bak revolver x4, rollnlock, Lomax (weathertech is now branding them as well) I’ve also ran with good success.
  8. 406Linetrash

Did ram just lower towing ratings for 25 and 3500 vehicles?

Why? The only thing that matters is the door sticker. In any of the unlikely situations you’ll need to prove weight. Any form from any website or manual is worthless. Door sticker is all that matters. Your numbers haven’t changed.
  9. 406Linetrash

Daily driver and tow rig

They have. And I think will be for the foreseeable future, at least till guys roll off when work picks up in the winter states
  10. 406Linetrash

Daily driver and tow rig

They firestones are well documented as being absolute garbage tires. But they must be cheap. Cause rams ram them forever. Yes I am. Based out of 44, working 1245, and 47 You?
  11. 406Linetrash

Daily driver and tow rig

Anything with a 3pmsf rating will due. Pick your poison. Toyo, nitto, falken, Cooper, etc. . Stick with a known brand. I would say avoid edit: BFg at’s with the diesel. They eat them up. I ran the falken Wildpeak at3w with great success.
  12. 406Linetrash

Towing with new 6.4L

I absolutely hate those transmissions. Every truck we have with one of those won’t get out of its own way. That said. None of the methods really bother me. It’s not something I think about. Stalk, knob, push button. The Chevy style. None of it.
  13. 406Linetrash

Hide a key options?

No. I had to turn off the east entry on my 13 Laramie, and my wife’s 22. They have a pretty good range. I hang my keys by the door of our fiver. And if the trucks in front of the trailer or backed up to it. it will let you do everything.
  14. 406Linetrash

Towing with new 6.4L

The rotary shifter never even bothered me. And while I love my Cummins. I had a 90 minute drive to pickup my new truck. And a quick turnaround. It really is crazy getting out of a zf8 and into a 68. The zf8 is a great transmission
  15. 406Linetrash

Flatbed Bodies

I had a cm. It was just a recess pocket with braces welded to the flatbed, and the ball welded to that. I had zero issues with my cm. And it held up a lot better than my Bradford. But, cm doesn’t have the best rep. Just so you know.