Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Surf2snow1

Reaction score
No complaints if pricing is the same! Rear cargo cam might be packaged in with Tow Technology Group I don't know. I would have to check all the packages again.
Same. They raised the base price on trucks around $400 near the end of the 2021 models around Feb/March I think. Guessing that was the “pre-2022” adjustment.

Malteaser

Reaction score
Hello! New member here. I ordered a 2021 RAM 2500 6.4L Laramie at the beginning of May. Just got the call from the dealer it is pushed to a 2022. Now I need to wait and hope my truck gets built sooner rather than later. I still don't have a VIN so is there any other way to see where I am in the line up? At this point I am considering myself lucky to see the truck this calendar year but would really like to see it in the fall so I can use it for towing my travel trailer (and see how it does). Apparently I should have watched the news and got my butt in gear and ordered the truck in the winter. Oops.

agtcovert

Reaction score
Hello! New member here. I ordered a 2021 RAM 2500 6.4L Laramie at the beginning of May. Just got the call from the dealer it is pushed to a 2022. Now I need to wait and hope my truck gets built sooner rather than later. I still don't have a VIN so is there any other way to see where I am in the line up? At this point I am considering myself lucky to see the truck this calendar year but would really like to see it in the fall so I can use it for towing my travel trailer (and see how it does). Apparently I should have watched the news and got my butt in gear and ordered the truck in the winter. Oops.
Production doesn't start until 7/26 reportedly. The dealer I'm working with said they're being told 14-16 week lead time from the point at which production starts up.

I'm hoping for mid November, but that might be a pipe dream.

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
Hi Guys new to the forum. Ordered a Megacab Big Horn 2500 with the Hemi and 4.10 gears in Canada in late March. Salesperson informed me today that they want to convert my 2021 build to a 2022. He assured me the pricing that I received will remain the same (price protection) but I will lose the discount (no program protection) that was available at the time of the order. He mentioned it wont arrive until late summer or early fall at this point. I'm sure our US counterparts will receive theirs before us in Canada. He also mentioned cant guarantee anything for rates for financing at this point but should be similar to what we are seeing currently, also mentioned there is chance the incentives will be same at time of delivery but no real way of knowing, So if timelines are true...from time of original order to potential delivery could by about 6 months. This is in Northern Ontario.
Seems like they are taking advantage of you here. They clearly want your 2021 to resell at a higher rate than what you agreed to and put you into a 2022 as an "incentive" but without them giving you a better deal for the additional wait time I fail to see what is in it for you. With your 2021 order you have all promotions from the time your truck was ordered until it was delivered to choose from, with a 2022 you have no idea what the promotions will be or the financing rates because they haven't been released yet for 2022. If you held out on your 2021 not only would you get your truck sooner but will likely get a better promotion now that they are taking 2022 orders. I have my fingers crossed that there is a model year end promotion on my 2021 order I have not so patiently waiting for since mid-January.

If you don't mind the additional wait go for it but I would definitely be negotiating an incentive in it for you as they will be making out like bandits

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Uconnect 5 should be standard in 2022 8.4 and 12 inch Nav radios,wonder if the tow mirrors will be changing?

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
Uconnect 5 should be standard in 2022 8.4 and 12 inch Nav radios,wonder if the tow mirrors will be changing?
I was told for the 2500/3500 the only changes are Uconnect 5 and available trailer camera view from the rearview mirror, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of info at the dealership level from what I have seen

sconym

Reaction score
Here is my build sheet. This will be my 8th Dodge / RAM truck since 2004, and hopefully my last. Ordered in Las Vegas BTW on May 7
Attached is my 2022 build sheet with pricing. Still D status as the rest of us are. Ordered May 7. Sorry for the bad image, I’ll get a clean version to share tonight.

Attachments

• 67ABB28D-94D5-45E8-848B-5A28967E80CF.jpeg
    67ABB28D-94D5-45E8-848B-5A28967E80CF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I was told for the 2500/3500 the only changes are Uconnect 5 and available trailer camera view from the rearview mirror, but there doesn't seem to be a ton of info at the dealership level from what I have seen
That's what I have found so far,checking here at work for more info.

Reaction score
My build sheet updated with pricing…there is about a $1000 increase to the base pricing per my dealer.

Attachments

• AC2722F5-09AB-410F-BC6C-7CF7133D786E.jpeg
    AC2722F5-09AB-410F-BC6C-7CF7133D786E.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

agtcovert

Reaction score
Well, order semi-placed. Just need to sign some paperwork tomorrow. Dealer is hoping we see this in September, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, it'll be the nicest damn vehicle I've ever owned.

I've noticed that while overall vehicle prices didn't go up, some options are up slightly from 2021. I don't think much of it is significant.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 5.50.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 5.50.52 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 110

rossagge

Reaction score
Well, order semi-placed. Just need to sign some paperwork tomorrow. Dealer is hoping we see this in September, but I'm not holding my breath. Either way, it'll be the nicest damn vehicle I've ever owned.

I've noticed that while overall vehicle prices didn't go up, some options are up slightly from 2021. I don't think much of it is significant.
That's gonna be a pretty truck! I dig that Patriot Blue, but I just can't get myself to order it in that color. I won't clean it enough to enjoy the beautiful color. Just gonna stick with my Bright White. Haha!

Other's have some fantastic builds as well. Big money out there I see, but with the huge discounts folks are getting, why not!

BrentD86

Reaction score
I have been flirting with my top budget, MSRP on the laramie mega cab I built came in 1500 over the website’s msrp for it which pretty much broke the budget. I asked to build the same truck as a crew cab and see how it comes out.

rossagge

Reaction score
I have been flirting with my top budget, MSRP on the laramie mega cab I built came in 1500 over the website’s msrp for it which pretty much broke the budget. I asked to build the same truck as a crew cab and see how it comes out.
You should be there with a Crew Cab. Easy $1500 for the Mega over the Crew.

JoeTal

Reaction score
A926E5C9-5CB9-4AEE-9AE8-A350303D193F.jpeg

ordering this build in a couple days.
Toss up from this or bighorn.
But I think the vinyl seats and no carpet floor are going to best suit me. Heavy outdoors and hunting and always a lot of dirt, mud, burrs and gear.

have an extra discount being applied for a first responder program they have. Waiting for an update on the discount before I order.

started this process looking at the 2021’s and got a quote. It’s a pretty nice discount, at least I think so.

ZOption

Reaction score
What do you need to do to get the "affiliate" pricing. I wasn't sure what this is?

luke42179

Reaction score
My dealer in Los Angeles just said: "Pricing is the same, but I won't be able to order it with the blink spot indicator package, for what I assume would be till the end of the year. I'm not to sure about that."

Has anyone else heard that they'll be no blind spot monitoring available on the 2022's for now?

beckty85

Reaction score
My dealer in Los Angeles just said: "Pricing is the same, but I won't be able to order it with the blink spot indicator package, for what I assume would be till the end of the year. I'm not to sure about that."

Has anyone else heard that they'll be no blind spot monitoring available on the 2022's for now?
Most of us that already ordered 22’s have it on our builds. Hopefully they let us know soon if that’s a problem.

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
For those that have ordered, what’s the “rules” with incentives and rebates? What is avAilable when ordered or available when delivered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I know on the 2021s, RAM kept blind spot monitoring on the Limited trims but removed on everything lower. Not sure about the 2022's....really hoping it's on the lower trims because that would be my only reason to consider jumping to Limited.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
For those that have ordered, what’s the “rules” with incentives and rebates? What is avAilable when ordered or available when delivered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's what is available when delivered I believe, at least for manufacturer incentives. I'm not sure when the rebates (like Truecar) get applied.

Users who are viewing this thread