Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cd player 2021

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Discontinued in 2020 across the HD lineup (trims) and not available as an option.

Most trucks got a cubby where it was located, some did not.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Could I adapt a 19 to 21 model ?

I think Jimmy07 has posted about this in this or the Modifications forum.

Try searching there.

Do the 21 have the cubby where the CDP would go? You might also have to acquire that part or do the setup for a CDP in the glovebox. I believe the 19 & older had a glovebox mounted changer as an option.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I think Jimmy07 has posted about this in this or the Modifications forum.

Try searching there.

Do the 21 have the cubby where the CDP would go? You might also have to acquire that part or do the setup for a CDP in the glovebox. I believe the 19 & older had a glovebox mounted changer as an option.
19 and older was a cubby under center bench seat i was told 19 was the last year for the underseat cubby

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
19 and older was a cubby under center bench seat i was told 19 was the last year for the underseat cubby

The 19 higher trims had a CDP in the lower part of the dash under the radio. That's the one I was referring to.

I found what I believe to be the CDP part number in a post, but haven't seen anything definitive for the hookup/wiring. This is the one that would fit into the dash cubby.

68335565AB but I would check this part against a 2019 VIN with the option.

Cubby panel

1618447211284.png

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
The 19 higher trims had a CDP in the lower part of the dash under the radio. That's the one I was referring to.

I found what I believe to be the CDP part number in a post, but haven't seen anything definitive for the hookup/wiring. This is the one that would fit into the dash cubby.

68335565AB but I would check this part against a 2019 VIN with the option.

Cubby panel

6806-cbcdc87e9640dc17b318171473ffbdc3.jpg
Interesting i was told by dealer only the 20s had it in the lower dash my bad lol

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Usb is the best i have a 1TB solid state portable hdd with 200 gb of music on it works great

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Responses like these come up often and are not helpful to the OP original question.

Let's offer some suggested alternatives to consider instead of just saying everything sucks...

I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes the OP has already put some thought into alternatives and just wants a question answered.

Is it better to use USB? Probably. Maybe that's not what @Slightlyhigh wants to do? Not everyone has the ability or desire or perhaps the time to rip everything to digital.

Personally, I think it's dumb to put music on a USB stick when I have a 256GB sdcard in my phone that stores everything and continually syncs to my media server. I can play it via BT or USB or my wireless BT ear buds when traveling.

BigOlMega

Reaction score
Well said Brutal. Some of us old guys still like using CD's and there IS a sound difference in quality versus a ripped CD on usb. This might be the year that you can no longer buy a CD, but we still have our collections. I remember a few years ago when BestBuy went from AISLES of cd's down to one endcap. With internet speeds becoming faster and faster, I imagine it will not be long before everything is digital only.

ianacole

Reaction score
I wish my truck had a CD player. I do most of my music on USB drive, but truck stops don't sell these, only CDs, and sometimes there's an audio book that piques my interest.

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
Responses like these come up often and are not helpful to the OP original question.

Let's offer some suggested alternatives to consider instead of just saying everything sucks...

I know it's hard to believe, but sometimes the OP has already put some thought into alternatives and just wants a question answered.

Is it better to use USB? Probably. Maybe that's not what @Slightlyhigh wants to do? Not everyone has the ability or desire or perhaps the time to rip everything to digital.

Personally, I think it's dumb to put music on a USB stick when I have a 256GB sdcard in my phone that stores everything and continually syncs to my media server. I can play it via BT or USB or my wireless BT ear buds when traveling.
You are correct. My comment wasn't meant to try and answer the original question, as you already did that in the 3rd post.

Discontinued in 2020 across the HD lineup (trims) and not available as an option.

Most trucks got a cubby where it was located, some did not.
My suggestion was simply meant to suggest a cost-effective alternative.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct. My comment wasn't meant to try and answer the original question, as you already did that in the 3rd post.

My suggestion was simply meant to suggest a cost-effective alternative.

I wasn't directing my frustration at your post. In fact, I was sitting on the reply I started and hadn't hit save before you even posted.

Users who are viewing this thread