Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPMS (TIS) sensors for trailer (SOLVED - see 1st post) aka TTPMS - Trailer TPMS

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Hooked alfaobd up today around noon. The EVIC is active "Not configured" but I'm still waiting for the settings menu in UConnect to pop up to set it up. Not sure how many key cycles it takes or maybe I should just pull the fuse.

Last edited:

pdavey

Reaction score
Hooked alfaobd up today around noon. The EVIC is active "Not configured" but I'm still waiting for the settings menu in UConnect to pop up to set it up. Not sure how many key cycles it takes or maybe I should just pull the fuse.
For me it was a ride around the block and then started it back up and got the message that the trailer pressure wasn't configured and it was in the uconnect settings menu.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

RamThis2500

Reaction score
Still no Trailer TPMS in UConnect this morning. Asked the dealer to have FCA remove the Trailer TPMS ( unlabeled ) sales code they added. Then I'm going to have them reconfig. the BCM then Alfaobd it myself. I think that sales code is conflicting with UConnect. I also added Hill Descent as well with alfa and no problems.

Last edited:

stinson87

Reaction score
I am planning on this install and the 8.4 screen upgrade on my tradesman 2019, does anyone know if the 5" uconnect works with these? even through he terrible menu's it has? I don't mind having to wait for the 8.4 install, just wondering...

Razzman

Reaction score
Well I gave up on this after a couple of vendors stated the listed part numbers did not fit my vehicle, in fact All Mopar Parts sent me this; "I'm sorry for the delay, I was looking into this on my side to see if I could get some info on what you are ordering. These items can not be confirmed to work to do what you are looking to do, they are also electrical parts. They would not be returnable as our policy states for electrical items that can not be confirmed by VIN on fitment. If you are sure of the items being ordered and would like to continue with the order please let us know.". I know many of you got the parts from them so I don't get it smh. After seeing a few members get the wrong parts I just screw it.

Since the factory TTPMS only gives you air pressures anyway I just went ahead and ordered a unit from EEZtire which does everything I want anyway and I can mount it next to my trailer camera monitor on my Bayou Goat Mount without issues.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Well I gave up on this after a couple of vendors stated the listed part numbers did not fit my vehicle, in fact All Mopar Parts sent me this; "I'm sorry for the delay, I was looking into this on my side to see if I could get some info on what you are ordering. These items can not be confirmed to work to do what you are looking to do, they are also electrical parts. They would not be returnable as our policy states for electrical items that can not be confirmed by VIN on fitment. If you are sure of the items being ordered and would like to continue with the order please let us know.". I know many of you got the parts from them so I don't get it smh. After seeing a few members get the wrong parts I just screw it.

Since the factory TTPMS only gives you air pressures anyway I just went ahead and ordered a unit from EEZtire which does everything I want anyway and I can mount it next to my trailer camera monitor on my Bayou Goat Mount without issues.
Just so you know, for future reference- when you give a parts supplier the VIN of you vehicle, they only see part numbers of parts that your vehicle was built with at the factory. When they punch in part numbers that you are trying to add after the fact, they won’t show up for your VIN. Without spending a bunch of time cross referencing vehicles and sales codes, and possibly guessing, they have no choice but to say they can’t verify. What you need to give them is the VIN of a vehicle that is factory equipped with the parts you are trying to add to yours. That being said, the exact part numbers listed in post 1 will work on all 2019-2021 HD Rams, and 2021 Ram DT 1500.

RamThis2500

Reaction score
☝☝
I can verify this as I just installed the TTPMS post sale with the part numbers listed and AlfaOBD. Definitely do not take it to the dealer to add the sales code it will NOT work.
Use alfaobd.

stinson87

Reaction score
I have just been ordering parts without VIN verification. so far it has worked, waiting on more parts currently.

bshown

Reaction score

I ordered mine two weeks ago from Mckinney Texas CDJR parts. They have very good prices and fast service on everything I have ordered. I do not enter my VIN though, I just put on there I take responsibility for the part numbers on the notes.

ralphkw1

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let everyone know I followed the instructions and got mine working. 2020 Bighorn 2500.image000000.jpg

BlueOvalBruin

Reaction score
Has the 68433188AA part number for the sensor kit been obsoleted? I just took delivery of a new 2021 Ram Dually and I got the 68433188AA sensor kit included with my factory TTPMS option. I checked this site (wheelerfleet.com) 2 weeks ago and they were still using the 68433188AA p/n.

Edit: I ordered the 68433188AA sensor kit through Mopar's site using their RAMTRUCKMONTH 15% discount and the guy emailed me saying they're backordered till mid-May and the new part number is 68516743AA, which is what Wheelerfleet is now selling.

1619727331190.png

Last edited:

Nifty07

Reaction score
query for the brains trust. I have the same wheels fitted to the trailer and the truck. I was hoping to be able to interchange the wheels. Can the sensor (68516743AA) be used for the truck as well as the trailer or is it only able to be used for the trailer.

BlueOvalBruin

Reaction score
Possible they have longer range than the 68433188AA they replace?
Not sure, the Mopar guy says probably not and Mopar changes p/ns all the time. He said yesterday there's a big delay of ~45 days so I found some elsewhere in stock.

Reaction score
First off this group is awesome for solving problems and mods. I bought all the parts to enable the TTPMS on my 19 2500 for our camper. Its been working fine for months and now all of sudden I get this. If I run a scan truck shows no codes. However I get this error every start up and it shows in messages once your driving. I have disabled the system and reenabled it again and I get the error next start-up.

Hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue before I take it to the dealer. I know it will cost me because they will say it wasn’t built with it so it wont be covered under warranty.

Attachments

• EFC84052-05E2-4322-AE52-24D04D223202.jpeg
    EFC84052-05E2-4322-AE52-24D04D223202.jpeg
    507.7 KB · Views: 60

Phil T

Reaction score
First off this group is awesome for solving problems and mods. I bought all the parts to enable the TTPMS on my 19 2500 for our camper. Its been working fine for months and now all of sudden I get this. If I run a scan truck shows no codes. However I get this error every start up and it shows in messages once your driving. I have disabled the system and reenabled it again and I get the error next start-up.

Hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue before I take it to the dealer. I know it will cost me because they will say it wasn’t built with it so it wont be covered under warranty.
My first instincts are:
1. Bad connection to the TTPMS receiver near the spare
2. Faled TTPMS receiver
3. Bad connection to the TIM (loose connector from vibration
4. Failed TIM
5. Wire damage to the harness from road debris

This screen shows up if you don't have a TIM and Receiver installed and enable the setting in AlfaOBD. When we were doing the experimentation to figure all of the things out, I jumpered the two connectors in the headliner since I didn't have the TIM yet. I did have the receiver, though. Once the BCM could talk to the receiver, the error went away.

Lombana

Reaction score
Riddle me this... hate to think I'm going backward somehow but I just hooked up my Travel Trailer for a trip this week and while the trailer TMPS screen comes up, no pressures are showing. I set up the system the day I got it all working and used the horn/honk method to verify all tires were talking to the truck from the trailer. I haven't pulled the trailer since and barely used the truck. I want to think that my mind remembers someone saying you may need to drive around a little for them to be happy with each other, is that correct? While I'm ready to pull out my aftermarket TMPS and put the sensors back on the tires, I am not that willing to think that just sitting parked for a while, the system forgot how to work. Curious???

g00fy

Reaction score
Riddle me this... hate to think I'm going backward somehow but I just hooked up my Travel Trailer for a trip this week and while the trailer TMPS screen comes up, no pressures are showing. I set up the system the day I got it all working and used the horn/honk method to verify all tires were talking to the truck from the trailer. I haven't pulled the trailer since and barely used the truck. I want to think that my mind remembers someone saying you may need to drive around a little for them to be happy with each other, is that correct? While I'm ready to pull out my aftermarket TMPS and put the sensors back on the tires, I am not that willing to think that just sitting parked for a while, the system forgot how to work. Curious???

You gotta drive it for a few minutes they'll sync up.

Phil T

Reaction score
The sensors go to sleep after a bit of no motion. Batteries last a whole lot longer that way.

Users who are viewing this thread