Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

Big Blue

Reaction score
Told my wife I’m going have an extra beer tonight, take a couple of days to unwind from this, and come up with a new plan.

The actual product Ram makes I believe to be sound. The customer service is absolutely horrible.
What amount of damage is there to the Truck or don't you know? Did they finally release the vehicle to the dealer, if not do they have an "accurate" eta now? What are the chances of getting a truck with the options you want without having to re-order it?

mcgyver44

Reaction score
What amount of damage is there to the Truck or don't you know? Did they finally release the vehicle to the dealer, if not do they have an "accurate" eta now? What are the chances of getting a truck with the options you want without having to re-order it?
At this point I don’t want a truck they labeled as damaged in transit. It has now sat in a busy railyard for over a month, supposedly with no keys, one can imagine it getting drug, pushed, forked outta the way a lot by now.

I’m out on it. I’ll find something else. Ya I’m pissed and it sucks but weirdly I’m relieved to at least know what was going on. Really makes me wonder how much damage that happens and a customer “waits” out while they band aid it together unknowingly buying a “fixed” truck

Big Blue

Reaction score
At this point I don’t want a truck they labeled as damaged in transit. It has now sat in a busy railyard for over a month, supposedly with no keys, one can imagine it getting drug, pushed, forked outta the way a lot by now.

I’m out on it. I’ll find something else. Ya I’m pissed and it sucks but weirdly I’m relieved to at least know what was going on. Really makes me wonder how much damage that happens and a customer “waits” out while they band aid it together unknowingly buying a “fixed” truck
I hear ya, I'm worried about my Truck now as well, even prior to reading about what happened to yours. Mine has been in the Chicago area yard for over 2 1/2 weeks and will supposedly be delivered to the dealer next week. I will go over that truck with a fine toothed comb looking for any hint of damage or "repaint" and I know what to look for. I've restored Three 70's era Challengers so I'll be looking for mis-matched panels and gaps between body panels. I'll also be going under the vehicle to check the undercarriage for damage in transit as well.

Good luck on your search for a NEW , Hopefully undamaged truck off of a lot somewhere. I hope everything works out for you. Again, Good Luck and keep us informed on your New Truck.

RichM752

Reaction score
That's a damn unfortunate situation for sure. I'm making my order in the morning. Hoping for the best.

CdnHD

Reaction score
Just a little visual for us "customers" waiting for some information on our orders. A good friend of mine ordered a new *cough* Ford F150 hybrid on December 7/20, due for delivery next week. They have made it so simple and easy to check the status of your vehicle, no wonder people are heading that way! @RamCares I have noticed that you are not responding to everyone who asks for help. In my specific case, I was told I had to contact the Canadian version of your help centre only to be told less than what the US division is able to tell me. Could we get someone to make themselves available throughout this , point blank, utterly frustrating endeavour to at least provide SOME feedback as to why sold vehicles are sitting in D status for (in my case) 15 weeks? I understand the restrictions COVID has placed on us (I work in auto manufacturing) but 15 weeks with ZERO progress is beyond disturbing

Attachments

• FORD RULES.jpg
    FORD RULES.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 47

Big Blue

Reaction score
Just a little visual for us "customers" waiting for some information on our orders. A good friend of mine ordered a new *cough* Ford F150 hybrid on December 7/20, due for delivery next week. They have made it so simple and easy to check the status of your vehicle, no wonder people are heading that way! @RamCares I have noticed that you are not responding to everyone who asks for help. In my specific case, I was told I had to contact the Canadian version of your help centre only to be told less than what the US division is able to tell me. Could we get someone to make themselves available throughout this , point blank, utterly frustrating endeavour to at least provide SOME feedback as to why sold vehicles are sitting in D status for (in my case) 15 weeks? I understand the restrictions COVID has placed on us (I work in auto manufacturing) but 15 weeks with ZERO progress is beyond disturbing
Depending on where you live in Canada, I might be centered between you and Mcgyver44. I live in Central WI. Still waiting to see mine switch from KZT to KZU and ultimately KZD next week. I'll be sure to post pics. of the Blue Beast when She arrives.

NDanecker

Reaction score
They take VOTS away and force us to either bug the dealer or chat with them. When you chat with them they use SalesForce as their CRM, and require you to give them your complete name, address, phone number and email so they can send you SPAM all for a simple 'your truck is still in the build process' message. Same message week to week.

HOWEVER, now they won't even tell you the code status (according to Sarah at Chat). Customer Satisfaction is not their strong suit.

You are able to track toilet paper when ordered from Amazon, but not a $92k vehicle. Its not like they needed to build a tracking system either. It was already available but was taken away. Think about that for a minute. :mad:

Attachments

• 2021-01-22_8-01-10.jpg
    2021-01-22_8-01-10.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Pronto

Reaction score
I don't get why they did away with VOTS. That was a lot better than what they have now. They're going to get your personal info at some point and they could have done that through VOTS.

Bloomer

Reaction score
This is my first time in life buying such an expensive automobile and am more that worried about its' damage in transit. Only if I had more faith in the humanity and didn't hear about orders off this forum damaged and sitting. Asking if it was damaged in shipping will be one of my first questions asked. Def getting an education on what i need to be looking for once i get my rig.. thanks for all who shared their experience for us to learn from

Last edited:

jbmess

Reaction score
6 weeks to the day...still in pre-production. I do find it appalling that RAM has no process in place to provide better transparency on these orders. What is their methodology for getting customer orders into the assembly process? From reading everyones comments, there seems to be little to no logical trend information on the speed of these orders. "No projected build date" is concerning...

Attachments

• Build status.png
    Build status.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 23

lgarrison34

Reaction score
Finally got it! 9/30 order.
31a455076f278ec45e6b662d0a78f859.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread