Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your order here!

mcgyver44

Reaction score
I’m at a point of frustration, 14 weeks, I’ve thrown my salesman this, I’m out and my deposit is getting refunded if I don’t get compensated for the hassle of this.

He’s going get back to me tomorrow. Anyone else try to leverage the wait on a better deal? What did you get?

Big Blue

Reaction score
I’m at a point of frustration, 14 weeks, I’ve thrown my salesman this, I’m out and my deposit is getting refunded if I don’t get compensated for the hassle of this.

He’s going get back to me tomorrow. Anyone else try to leverage the wait on a better deal? What did you get?
I'm in a worse condition than that. I traded my 2012 in and put 1650.00 down prior to the trade. Tomorrow is week 16 and still no truck. The dealer has been good to work with so tomorrow he is calling his rep. and I'm calling Ram Care line to find out why my truck is sitting at the last drop point prior to being loaded on a hauler to be delivered. It was there last week. WTF.

mcgyver44

Reaction score
I'm in a worse condition than that. I traded my 2012 in and put 1650.00 down prior to the trade. Tomorrow is week 16 and still no truck. The dealer has been good to work with so tomorrow he is calling his rep. and I'm calling Ram Care line to find out why my truck is sitting at the last drop point prior to being loaded on a hauler to be delivered. It was there last week. WTF.
Mines been sitting at the rail yard waiting to be semi hauled now since 12/21....

diode_ee

Reaction score
When I was ordering my truck, the dealer mentioned that they had an order of trucks waiting at the port that they couldn't access because when they were unloaded from the rail they got buried behind other vehicles being unloaded and since there's a shortage on truck drivers in the area, it was taking weeks for all of them to finally picked up and delivered.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slider57

Reaction score
Ordered my BigHorn 3500 CC SRW HO on 11 10 2020. It was built 12 21 2020. Today the dealer let me know the truck at the train yard 70 miles from the dealership. Looks like I'll have a new truck very, very soooooooooon.

For me, it was 3 days from the rail yard to the Lot. You’re close. I know that feeling. Mine is home. The dealer GM came out and talked with me today while the deal was being written; he said 14 weeks is fast compared to what he’s seeing right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mcgyver44

Reaction score
When I was ordering my truck, the dealer mentioned that they had an order of trucks waiting at the port that they couldn't access because when they were unloaded from the rail they got buried behind other vehicles being unloaded and since there's a shortage on truck drivers in the area, it was taking weeks for all of them to finally picked up and delivered.

As a customer, I do not see this as an excuse. That’s like Walmart saying I can’t actually have the tv I bought right now because it’s behind other TVs and we are not going to have our employees get that now, please wait we let you know at undetermined time when you get to your tv. Point blank Ram contracts and controls its shipping, as such it’s Ram’s responsibility to prioritize orders. We are talking about 50-90K purchases and I’m getting customer service at a fast food chain level.

diode_ee

Reaction score
As a customer, I do not see this as an excuse. That’s like Walmart saying I can’t actually have the tv I bought right now because it’s behind other TVs and we are not going to have our employees get that now, please wait we let you know at undetermined time when you get to your tv. Point blank Ram contracts and controls its shipping, as such it’s Ram’s responsibility to prioritize orders. We are talking about 50-90K purchases and I’m getting customer service at a fast food chain level.
I know that this isn't the same situation for everyone, but when I placed my order for my '21 I was told 12 weeks for delivery to the dealership. I'm going on week 10 so I'm not too worried as of yet. It seems that a lot of other dealerships are providing misinformation to their customers when ordering with unrealistic delivery times which I think is compounding the issue. Ram is only one of many manufacturers relying on rail shipping to deliver their product and maybe others are paying more? It also could be just an isolated incident as well due to human error?

It didn't sound like the trucks which were buried were customer ordered vehicles...they were just orders that the dealership placed to replenish their stock.

Big Blue

Reaction score
I know that this isn't the same situation for everyone, but when I placed my order for my '21 I was told 12 weeks for delivery to the dealership. I'm going on week 10 so I'm not too worried as of yet. It seems that a lot of other dealerships are providing misinformation to their customers when ordering with unrealistic delivery times which I think is compounding the issue. Ram is only one of many manufacturers relying on rail shipping to deliver their product and maybe others are paying more? It also could be just an isolated incident as well due to human error?

It didn't sound like the trucks which were buried were customer ordered vehicles...they were just orders that the dealership placed to replenish their stock.

As of today I'm at week 16 still no truck. Ram Care called me two weeks ago and gave me a estimated delivery date of Jan 4th through the 18th. Last week My truck was on a rail car before being off loaded and shipped via semi truck to the dealer. Today it's still there. Ram Care now is trying to push out my delivery date from Jan 22nd to Feb 5th. And this is after a Rep. said he would put it on the "fast track" to get me the truck ASAP. TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE. I requested a call from the Rep. and will see why it's being delayed again only 5 hour drive from my dealership.

diode_ee

Reaction score
As of today I'm at week 16 still no truck. Ram Care called me two weeks ago and gave me a estimated delivery date of Jan 4th through the 18th. Last week My truck was on a rail car before being off loaded and shipped via semi truck to the dealer. Today it's still there. Ram Care now is trying to push out my delivery date from Jan 22nd to Feb 5th. And this is after a Rep. said he would put it on the "fast track" to get me the truck ASAP. TOTALLY NOT ACCEPTABLE. I requested a call from the Rep. and will see why it's being delayed again only 5 hour drive from my dealership.
Yeah, everyone is experiencing a different delivery experience for sure. From the discussions with my dealer, it sounds like they are the ones responsible for securing the truck delivery from the rail yard to the dealership and not FCA? Maybe that's different for each dealership?

Hoping you get your truck soon and they can make it right. Did the dealership give you the typical 12 week window? As someone else stayed earlier, considering the impacts of COVID I'm still surprised that we're getting trucks at all.

Nevadadrifter

Reaction score
Just got my build sheet on cryptostickers today! Finally some sort of progress. Wonder how much longer it will take...
How exactly does the cryptostickers site work? Would I have to have my VIN before I can use it for anything?

Big Blue

Reaction score
Yeah, everyone is experiencing a different delivery experience for sure. From the discussions with my dealer, it sounds like they are the ones responsible for securing the truck delivery from the rail yard to the dealership and not FCA? Maybe that's different for each dealership?

Hoping you get your truck soon and they can make it right. Did the dealership give you the typical 12 week window? As someone else stayed earlier, considering the impacts of COVID I'm still surprised that we're getting trucks at all.

Was told 12-14 weeks, which if not delayed at the Body vendor for bed liner and running boards for over 3 weeks, I would have had the truck already. That pissed me off to begin with, then they are delivering "Dealer Inventory" vehicles ahead of "Sold Trucks" which is the second thing that's rubbing me the wrong way. Lastly, its at the rail yard and has been there for over a week and they aren't moving it along and then they push out the delivery date by potentially 3 more weeks. Am I now really Pissed Yea, I'm Pissed. If I could walk away from this deal I would and have them stick it {mod delete}. I'm at 4 months now and potentially 5 before I get a truck is Not Good Customer Service and Not what I bargained for.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcgyver44

Reaction score

12 week window was not typical 3 months ago. You can see the fleet window delivery times from Oct 2020 and prior if you google it, it was 6-8 weeks. Ram told me the same in Oct 2020 as well as the dealer.
That being said yes now they have changed their tune and is now stated and listed as 12-14 weeks.

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
I get it’s frustrating, but having to wait 3-5 months for a truck you’ll have for years is worth it!

If you needed a truck for work, or travel maybe buy one off the lot.

I think once you take possession of your truck you’ll be happy you waited! Crazy times we live in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krlowry

Reaction score
How exactly does the cryptostickers site work? Would I have to have my VIN before I can use it for anything?
Yes, you put in your VIN number and it will alert you when the build sheet and/or window sticker is available.

Big Blue

Reaction score
I get it’s frustrating, but having to wait 3-5 months for a truck you’ll have for years is worth it!

If you needed a truck for work, or travel maybe buy one off the lot.

I think once you take possession of your truck you’ll be happy you waited! Crazy times we live in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just fired off an email response to Customer Care, asking how they can justify delivering "dealer inventory" vehicles while a "sold" vehicle is sitting on a railcar awaiting to be transported the last leg of the journey to the dealership 5 hours away. That's what's pissing me off. If I could have bought a truck to fill my needs I would have done it instead of ordering one. As far as being worth the wait, I'm quickly moving away from that feeling. After being delayed repeatedly due to unknown reasons and/or incompetence. My feelings of excitement for the new truck are turning into disinterest and it's about ******* time attitude no thanks to RAM and FCA.

Last edited by a moderator:

Onelongshot

Reaction score
I just fired off an email response to Customer Care, asking how they can justify delivering "dealer inventory" vehicles while a "sold" vehicle is sitting on a railcar awaiting to be transported the last leg of the journey to the dealership 5 hours away. That's what's pissing me off. If I could have bought a truck to fill my needs I would have done it instead of ordering one. As far as being worth the wait, I'm quickly moving away from that feeling. After being delayed repeatedly due to unknown reasons and/or incompetence. My feelings of excitement for the new truck are turning into disinterest and it's about F-ing time attitude no thanks to RAM and FCA.
I just had a phone call with Ram Cares Factory rep. No build date insight and now no shipping date given either. Went from shipping on the 17th to now not knowing when they will actually build it. 11 weeks and counting. More than 8 weeks in D1 status and they can't even figure this one out. Starting to lose some faith in this process. I didn't order anything super special either.
3500 Laramie SRW Crew Cab Long Bed.
HO, Air Suspension, 5 wheel prep, bed group, snow chief, Laramie level 2, 12" screen, bed cover, power steps, and spray in Liner.

Bloomer

Reaction score
I got my build sheet today after patiently waiting 15.5 weeks, however; vehicle is sitting waiting for final parts i.e. bed liner and running boards. Doubt Ill get the truck before my cash incentive exprires on 2/13 but I can find hope now its built. Tried to add the trailer camera wiring package a few weeks after I summited order and it didn't make it on build. How long till the window stick shows up?

Last edited:

BLuRRnAWAY

Reaction score
I just fired off an email response to Customer Care, asking how they can justify delivering "dealer inventory" vehicles while a "sold" vehicle is sitting on a railcar awaiting to be transported the last leg of the journey to the dealership 5 hours away. That's what's pissing me off. If I could have bought a truck to fill my needs I would have done it instead of ordering one. As far as being worth the wait, I'm quickly moving away from that feeling. After being delayed repeatedly due to unknown reasons and/or incompetence. My feelings of excitement for the new truck are turning into disinterest and it's about ******* time attitude no thanks to RAM and FCA.
I get it, but as soon as you're pushed to your absolute limit it'll show up. That would be my luck anyway, haha!

Users who are viewing this thread