Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lets see what you are towing!

CallMeChris

Reaction score
A few I pulled over the last couple weeks...

Little toy hauler fun
2D3825A8-0574-4991-8147-D4260C7BB4F7.jpeg

Nice little bumper pull, had a bathroom all the way across the rear. You could sit on the toilet and stretch your arms out to either side and your legs out in front and s barely touch everything. Talk about a roomy pooper!
3CA792DC-E0CF-4AB6-8F26-102FF61D3AF1.jpeg

and a pretty nice bunkhouse 5th wheel
6390A819-E47A-4DF9-9B0C-20D64BFC9EF9.jpeg

jsalbre

Reaction score
Hot shot with a Hemi?

Usually all the hotshots I see are diesel duallies.

Reaction score
I don’t do it full time and yes, 99% use a diesel. There are a few of us running around doing it with gas trucks though.

Honest question, and you’re welcome to not answer, but can you really make any money hotshotting? The deadheading seems to make it not worth it to me. That’d make it like .65c a mile ish? For diesel (or gas, in your case), truck wear, insurance, time etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CallMeChris

Reaction score
Honest question, and you’re welcome to not answer, but can you really make any money hotshotting? The deadheading seems to make it not worth it to me. That’d make it like .65c a mile ish? For diesel (or gas, in your case), truck wear, insurance, time etc.

Again, I don’t do it full time...I’m doing it here and there to supplement lost income and it works better than needed for me. There are people making a living at it but if it’s your sole source of income it’s not easy. House, utilities, health insurance, odd and end other bills...they add up. You have to love driving and know how to live frugally. I have my back seat turned into a bed so I’m not out for hotel rooms and I pack my food and eat in the truck so I’m not spending money on fast food. The pay is actually up right now, the people I pull for pay $1.45 a loaded mile and up depending on the area it’s being delivered and size of the trailer. I’ve seen some of the big 40-45’ trailers paying over $2 a mile. You have to have a dually and a cdl for things like that though. Just let me know if you have any questions, I’ll try and answer what I can. I haven’t been doing it long but I love it.

MSundet

Reaction score
I never heard of them till seeing this. Looks like the website is YettiOutdoors.com

Looks like they build trailers for ice fishing and hunting. Very cool!

Your correct they are beautiful ice fishing shacks

MSundet

Reaction score
How's that 3rd axle treating you? My buddy has had a lot of issues with the 3rd axle on his 2018 42' 5th wheel. Broken axle, 5 flats so far. He's getting rid of it.

You have to tow them level he must have not been sounds like he was letting the trailer ride most weight on one the rear or front axle ?

se1096

Reaction score
Here is our new rig. 2021 Dutchmen Yukon 400RL. Took it to Lake Texoma the weekend we got it for a shakedown. Truck handled it no problem.
Forgot to mention. 2020 3500 Lone Star Dually, not the HO. B&W Companion hitch.

Theb2b

Reaction score
2020 Rockwood 2612WS being pulled by 2019 with CTD.
8c38931b5a74ebb1838e4966fc217905.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

BAT3500

Reaction score
Actually carbon was one of the lighter toyhaulers that we looked at, not quite as many bells and whistles. Just shy of 2k miles towing this season per the evic, admittedly lowland stuff, but truck has handled the load just fine. If i were located in an upland region i prolly would have looked for an HO equipped truck.

Users who are viewing this thread