Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fog light for 2019 Tradesman

woody284

Reaction score
I have the same connector on mine as well and believe that is power. I just now started getting parts in and will start on this soon. Are you planning to wire yours up as factory?
If so I think we use the Dash Left harness connector. This is what goes back to the BCM at locations C1:1 and C4:13 in order to use the factory headlamp switch.

Has anyone switched out the headlight control for the head/fog light control and had success. It’s a 30.00 part if it’s an easy switch. I have the auxiliary switches, which is the way I’m planning but that could change maybe.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Has anyone switched out the headlight control for the head/fog light control and had success. It’s a 30.00 part if it’s an easy switch. I have the auxiliary switches, which is the way I’m planning but that could change maybe.
I switched mine mine out last week while I was installing my remote start. It’s a simple swap. I am still waiting on the rest of my parts from Tasca.

woody284

Reaction score
I switched mine mine out last week while I was installing my remote start. It’s a simple swap. I am still waiting on the rest of my parts from Tasca.
Me being the dumb one. Do you wire the new fogs into the New switch or do you have to have the dealer upload the option on the computer??

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Me being the dumb one. Do you wire the new fogs into the New switch or do you have to have the dealer upload the option on the computer??
If you choose to go with an OE style build you’ll have to flash the computer to enable the factory switch. You can pay a dealer to do this or do it yourself with software such as Alpha OBD.

woody284

Reaction score
So I have all my parts in and started this install. I removed the blank on the drivers side and installed the fog light surround. My First problem is it doesn’t seem to fit at tight to the bumper as the blank did. The clip closest to the center of the bumper does not have a lip on it to catch the metal tab but both surround look the same. Has anyone else had trouble with figment?

DownShiftz

Reaction score
So I have all my parts in and started this install. I removed the blank on the drivers side and installed the fog light surround. My First problem is it doesn’t seem to fit at tight to the bumper as the blank did. The clip closest to the center of the bumper does not have a lip on it to catch the metal tab but both surround look the same. Has anyone else had trouble with figment?
My bezels just came in on Friday. I hope to get started on this tomorrow while at the shop. Sorry not much help until I physically get under the truck. Please let me know what you figure out if you have a revelation in the meantime.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
there a nut and bolt thats hard to see, that holds the bezels on, iirc... i believe on the top inner side.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
I just finished installing both sides. Fit is by no means perfect. Yes the blank cover was a much tighter fit on mine as well. However over time I think it will suck up flush against the bumper. I may try a little heat gun action while tightening the qty.5 8mm bolts.

zooroadbaja

Reaction score
Mine has a single push button center but does nothing when pushed? Can I wire up to that?

Chris7488

Reaction score
where do you tap in to for the fog lamps to do it with a factory switch?

Chris7488

Reaction score
so C1:1 and C4:13 to the positive side of the fog lamp and the switch is plug and play with alpha obd

DownShiftz

Reaction score
so C1:1 and C4:13 to the positive side of the fog lamp and the switch is plug and play with alpha obd
I wouldn’t exactly call it plug and play but it’s not terrible either. The hardest part is plugging into the BCM. It’s a pain to get your hands in there and hard to see the little pin sockets. You’ll need some tiny crimp connectors, the part number is listed earlier in this thread. Make a nice harness using heat shrink and expandable sleeving and it’ll look like factory.

The Outdoorsman

Reaction score
I am trying to build a list of items I need to add the OEM halogen fog lights, bezels, brackets, harness, and light switch for my 2020 RAM 2500 Tradesman. However, all of the part numbers I’ve come across in this thread and in other threads/forums don’t seem to be compatible with my truck. I understand I will also have to pick up an AlphaOBD and Android tablet to make everything work, but I am not totally opposed to installing a hidden switch for this mod.

I just can’t find a clear cut list and instructions or YT videos on how to do this mod. Anyone that has accomplished this on a 2020 2500 please chime in.

kristof

Reaction score
At the BCM. C1:1 and C4:13. Those are the positive left and right pin outs. Just ground the other two to the frame.
Any tips on getting to BCM? I'm wiring the remote starter now and stopped once I realized how hard is to get to that BCM. I know I have to remove the amplifier.

Users who are viewing this thread