Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C Issues? Anyone else

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hello everyone, we wanted to touch base to provide an update on this concern from our end. Please know that this is on our radar as we are working diligently to make sure both your concerns and findings are heard. As of now, we have a new part in development. However, due to COVID restrictions, production has been delayed. We anticipate to have a resolution for this soon, and will be sure to keep you updated as we know more.

-RamCares

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score
Hello everyone, we wanted to touch base to provide an update on this concern from our end. Please know that this is on our radar as we are working diligently to make sure both your concerns and findings are heard. As of now, we have a new part in development. However, due to COVID restrictions, production has been delayed. We anticipate to have a resolution for this soon, and will be sure to keep you updated as we know more.

-RamCares

That would be damned fantastic!

2019_Ram

Reaction score

-RamCares

This is good news!

@RamCares Is there any case number or other information we can provide to our servicing dealer so they are aware this is something that will hopefully soon be addressed?

99ls1tj

Reaction score

-RamCares

That is wonderful news! Thank you! Now we just need some good news for this https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/rattle-noise-in-cab.1360/

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
This is good news!

@RamCares Is there any case number or other information we can provide to our servicing dealer so they are aware this is something that will hopefully soon be addressed?
Great question, @2019_Ram! At this time since the fix is still in development there isn't official documentation (eg: STAR case #, TSB, etc.) Please know that once this is available we will post it out here.
That is wonderful news! Thank you! Now we just need some good news for this https://hdrams.com/forum/index.php?threads/rattle-noise-in-cab.1360/
I just had a chance to follow up with you on that thread, @99ls1tj! Happy to help try and get that solved for you!!

Mark
RamCares

Last edited:

jb2

Reaction score
Fascinating to see this. I stopped keeping up with 5thGenRams sister site, but I imagine this helps the 1500's too? If so, that group will be over the moon.

Cummins3

Reaction score
Please post here ram cares when this part or fix is available..

TXGeorge

Reaction score
Fascinating to see this. I stopped keeping up with 5thGenRams sister site, but I imagine this helps the 1500's too? If so, that group will be over the moon.

My 2017 RAM 1500 like a freezer!

jb2

Reaction score
My 2017 RAM 1500 like a freezer!
The RAM AC issues began with 5th Gen 1500's and 4.5 Gen HD's. Your example is why so many are frustrated.... RAM took a perfectly capable system and made it worse. Much has been written about it, but the short version of the story appears to be an over-reliance on a blend door to isolate the heater core in the new platforms. There were several design changes in the current gens' HVAC's, one of which was removing more effective thermal isolation from the core. It's also why the valve hack first popularized in 5th Gen 1500's (and now here) is so darn effective at improving the AC performance.

wowens79

Reaction score
Thanks @RamCares ! That has sold yall a truck In the near future. I’ve been debating between Ram and Chevy gassers, and the AC was the holdup. I was trying to decide if the 8spd, or better AC was more important in Georgia.

Hstone556

Reaction score
Anxiously awaiting the fix, my 2019 2500 and my Girlfriends 2020 1500 limited are both insufficient in this current Texas heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram19hemi

Reaction score
2019 6.4 Hemi here. Took my truck to dealer last Friday for A/C system inspection. Technician said freon was low at only 1.1# and said probably came that way from the factory. He purged the system and then refilled to 1.31#. A/C is still not as cold as I want it to be, but, it did make a very noticeable difference and I was actually comfortable while in KC with 106 heat index. Waiting on the fix and hopefully the A/C will be as cold as my Tacoma. That truck will freeze you out in a matter of minutes.

Hstone556

Reaction score
2019 6.4 Hemi here. Took my truck to dealer last Friday for A/C system inspection. Technician said freon was low at only 1.1# and said probably came that way from the factory. He purged the system and then refilled to 1.31#. A/C is still not as cold as I want it to be, but, it did make a very noticeable difference and I was actually comfortable while in KC with 106 heat index. Waiting on the fix and hopefully the A/C will be as cold as my Tacoma. That truck will freeze you out in a matter of minutes.
Yep, my 2016 Tacoma and my 1999 4Runner are cold as meat lockers and put this shiny new truck to shame. If and when Ram fixes this issue it will restore all faith i have lost in this truck/brand. I do appreciate the communication from @RamCares and look forward to the fix.

Squatch

Reaction score
It was in the 90s yesterday and it had me shivering so I had to turn it down, so I wonder if it is isolated to the higher level models, mines a 2019 3500 Tradesman.

Speedracer93CobraR

Reaction score
It was in the 90s yesterday and it had me shivering so I had to turn it down, so I wonder if it is isolated to the higher level models, mines a 2019 3500 Tradesman.
I can tell a difference between my 2020 Laramie and our 2019 5500 so there may be something different. I just hope RamCare comes through for us and gets a 'fix'.

Gondul

Prince of Pintops
Reaction score

There seems to be a trend towards the dual zone units having more problems than others...

diablo82

Reaction score
Hopefully Ram could have this fix for us soon....it's absolute ridiculous that I can't even enjoy my truck and take it out for a long trip in the summer heat...

Users who are viewing this thread