Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TransferFlow Replacement Tank for Hemi

whitexc

Reaction score
So how are people transferring gas from the sidekick to the truck tank?

Sent from me

Ahmed392

Reaction score
That's a Diesel tank. As mentioned above, things are much more complicated for a gas tank.
Thanks for passing this important clarification.

Indeed, volatility, fluidity, pumping and evaporation mechanism are differently configured for each fuel type.

We then better awaiting the release of gas specific tank, unless other alternatives are offered for this matter.

MountainRam

Reaction score
is there any updates on a larger replacement fuel tank for the 2500 6.4L short box crew cab?

UNifc6pF

Reaction score
3k would be a hard pill to swallow, but for 50G, I'd probably do it.

3500_Gasser

Reaction score
Help requested to keep this project moving along as quickly as possible!

I emailed with TransferFlow a few days ago and learned that they are using the 2024 Ram CC SB to design the replacement fuel tank. They need to validate any fuel system changes made to the 2019-2022 model years. (OEMs often change small details, even though they say the truck is "carry-over" from the previous model year.)

TransferFlow is looking for the following information on 2019-2022 Ram CC SB 2500/3500 (they already have the photos for the 2023 model year):

Pictures of:
· Vin Number
· Emissions Label
· OEM Tank
· OEM Emissions Canister
· Hoses (tubing between canister and tank)

If you are willing to take photos, please send them to Teri at TransferFlow. Her email is tbarry@transferflow.com

THANKS!

pizzatots

Reaction score
Help requested to keep this project moving along as quickly as possible!

I emailed with TransferFlow a few days ago and learned that they are using the 2024 Ram CC SB to design the replacement fuel tank. They need to validate any fuel system changes made to the 2019-2022 model years. (OEMs often change small details, even though they say the truck is "carry-over" from the previous model year.)

TransferFlow is looking for the following information on 2019-2022 Ram CC SB 2500/3500 (they already have the photos for the 2023 model year):

Pictures of:
· Vin Number
· Emissions Label
· OEM Tank
· OEM Emissions Canister
· Hoses (tubing between canister and tank)

If you are willing to take photos, please send them to Teri at TransferFlow. Her email is tbarry@transferflow.com

THANKS!
Maybe others have this question. Where is the emissions label? Under the hood/on the hood. Also the canister, that’s under the truck, right?

3500_Gasser

Reaction score
On my truck, emissions label was on the underside of the hood, passenger side.

On my truck, emissions canister was "in front of" the factory gas tank, maybe 1 foot closer towards the front axle.

pizzatots

Reaction score
On my truck, emissions label was on the underside of the hood, passenger side.

On my truck, emissions canister was "in front of" the factory gas tank, maybe 1 foot closer towards the front axle.
Thank you! Assumed I had it right in my mind, but wanted to be sure.

I’ll send some photos this week.

I wonder if this new tank will affect the slow fill ups that we are plagued with.

3500_Gasser

Reaction score
I wonder if this new tank will affect the slow fill ups that we are plagued with.
I sent an email to TransferFlow regarding this issue (though it's not one I've personally experienced). In my email, I speculated that it might be the factory rollover valve causing the issue.

Here is the reply from one of the TransferFlow engineers:

“I would not think a rollover valve would cause a slow fill, but maybe a faulty fuel limit vent valve (FLVV). Any blockage between the FLVV and canisters would cause fill issues. Our tank will use different ROVs and FLVVs, so this will hopefully remedy the issue. We will do some fill tests on the OEM system when we get our truck this week.”

jsalbre

Reaction score
I've not experienced it personally, but apparently there is a known issue regarding 2019-2024 RAMs where the factory fuel tank accepts fuel VERY slowly.
Interesting. I didn’t have this issue on my ‘20 and my ‘23 doesn’t have it either.

Users who are viewing this thread