Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Aisin Failure Tracking Sheet

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
Only one way to find out!

Sorry @Steve_Cornell but you’re going to be the Guinea pig this time!

I’m more concerned with the fact I just found out there have been two trucks recently with k1 failures who were not identified under CSN 71A. Doesn’t sound like the analysis was fully conclusive. I hope I’m wrong.
That's true, I'll keep everyone updated :)

calvin

Reaction score
I got a call from The case manager yesterday (Ram Customer Care) they informed me that the parts should be available October 18th for the CSN 71A for my truck, well that's awesome but I will be 2 weeks into a 2 month long trip to Wyoming, Utah, and Arizona pulling a 44' Toy hauler ...... hopefully it doesn't let me down on this trip, I have towing insurance for the truck and trailer if it does and I'll try to find someone to move the trailer for me from campground to campground and I'll rent a car to get around, I looked into renting a 3500 truck but the costs looks to be around $300 \ day and I'm sure RAM won't cover it.
I hate to have to worry about this during the trip, I've been trying to get Dealers to look at it for months but of coarse got the ole "we can't do anything until it fails" hopefully all my worrying is for nothing and the truck continues to perform fine until I get back, this will be the 4th trip for the truck out West this year so hopefully she makes one more. :)
That’s interesting…I opened a case with ram on 9/11/23. The only communication I have had with them is when I call. No one from ram has ever contacted me. No voicemail nothing!

Steve_Cornell

Reaction score
That’s interesting…I opened a case with ram on 9/11/23. The only communication I have had with them is when I call. No one from ram has ever contacted me. No voicemail nothing!
Ram Care reached out to me here on this forum via private conversation and started the process, I got the call from the case manager a few days later letting me they had talked to my dealer and they the expected availability of the K1 71A CSN parts would be around Oct. 18th. I really don't know what the advantage is to having a case number, the dealer had already ordered the parts.

flan

Reaction score
Well I'm not going to delay or cancel the trip, it if goes down, I'll figure something out, we've been planning this trip for too long and my wife had to take a leave of absence to make it work.
How many total vehicles were manufactured during this timeframe vs. the ones that have failed, there could very well be hundreds of trucks out there still working with a lot higher mileage that have had no issues, maybe we should be looking or asking members that have trucks built during this time frame and still running just because 22,000 is the highest mileage you have seen fail could there be lots more out there that haven't failed?
I admit it's a concern but I hope I have a contingency plan in place, I will say and I will make it very public to RAM and other social media sources, in the last 7 years I have purchased 8 brand new Stellatus \ Chrysler brand vehicles but with the way RAM has handled this whole $hitshow it will probably be my last unless they really step up to the plate and get these issues corrected.
I will be contacting dealers in the area where I'll be staying during the trip (assuming I get that far) to see if they have any parts for the CSN 71A and can get me in... It really sucks to have a $112,000 truck that I worked hard to obtain along with a new Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler and in retirement the truck can't be trusted.
I know I may be whining, there have been a lot of members here that have been let down with the Aisin failure while on vacation or at inopportune times, I just hope I'm not one of them :)
I had the same attitude with my camper in tow and family in the truck during the CP4.2 debacle. The sky was falling but I drove it like I stole it. Contingency plans are your best security, and will ease anxiety allowing you to enjoy your vacation.

joace

Reaction score
So, I hate to be the party crasher, but in an effort to be as transparent and forthcoming as possible with the data I collect on this transmission issue, I now have been informed of the possibility of at least 2 Aisin K1 failures in the past two weeks that have occurred in trucks not identified under the Customer satisfaction notice 71A.
I had some fear that the initial 5,440 trucks they referenced might have been too narrow a field. Looks like that may indeed be the case. I’ll report back as I find out more. In the meantime, if your truck fails, or if you get a CSN 71A notice and have your truck repaired, I would like to get the data from your truck and add that info to the tracking spreadsheet. I appreciate everyone’s input and help with this.

more to come…
This scares me that how confident I can trust the scope called out in CSN 71A, after a few weeks of continuous checking on my mopar account, I didn't this CSN, but now still haven't reached my 100% confidence.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Ram Care reached out to me here on this forum via private conversation and started the process, I got the call from the case manager a few days later letting me they had talked to my dealer and they the expected availability of the K1 71A CSN parts would be around Oct. 18th. I really don't know what the advantage is to having a case number, the dealer had already ordered the parts.
Good luck on parts now with the strike.

hdas

Reaction score
Wow. I’m in the market for a new truck, and this stuff is scary. Some questions:

1. Is the standard transmission immune from issues? Or there’s another separate spreadsheet going around for that one.
2. Do 2024 models solve this Asin issue?

Thanks

flan

Reaction score
Wow. I’m in the market for a new truck, and this stuff is scary. Some questions:

1. Is the standard transmission immune from issues? Or there’s another separate spreadsheet going around for that one.
2. Do 2024 models solve this Asin issue?

Thanks
68RFE is safe from the snap ring issue. It’s been pretty decent from 2019+, now that they are starting to get some miles on them.
24s should be safe, mbarb shows maybe 2 23s with the issue, but they were early trucks.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
68RFE is safe from the snap ring issue. It’s been pretty decent from 2019+, now that they are starting to get some miles on them.
24s should be safe, mbarb shows maybe 2 23s with the issue, but they were early trucks.

The K1 issue was supposed to be fixed on the assembly line the first week of December 2022, so anything built after that is good.

Bjl95mustang

Reaction score
Just came across how bad this issue is. I have 2 newer Fire Trucks that we can’t use. One blew the transmission at 3k , and the other is now out awaiting the recall.

Both were from around 12/23. But the one that the trans blew doesn’t have the recall listed. The local Ram dealer found a new trans but the other dealer would not release it. They had to get approval from Ram for a rebuild, but they can’t get the parts. And they both have the grid heater recall and no parts available for that either.

And now the dealers are saying the strike is put a delay on parts. I’m going to call Ram care and see what they can do.

Very disappointing that 2 brand new Emergency vehicles are now useless.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Just came across how bad this issue is. I have 2 newer Fire Trucks that we can’t use. One blew the transmission at 3k , and the other is now out awaiting the recall.

Both were from around 12/23. But the one that the trans blew doesn’t have the recall listed. The local Ram dealer found a new trans but the other dealer would not release it. They had to get approval from Ram for a rebuild, but they can’t get the parts. And they both have the grid heater recall and no parts available for that either.

And now the dealers are saying the strike is put a delay on parts. I’m going to call Ram care and see what they can do.

Very disappointing that 2 brand new Emergency vehicles are now useless.
Are these build dates? 2023 model year trucks?

Bjl95mustang

Reaction score
Do you mean 12/22?
Yup, I typed wrong. 10/22 on the blown trans. 12/22 on the new one we haven’t even used yet.

just got off the phone with Ram Care. Got a case started on the truck with the blown trans. The second one is an issue since the dealer didn’t mark it delivered. It went to upfit for the Fire truck portion so they didn’t start the warranty clock. I have to wait on the case manager to call me on that one.

Usual_Suspect02

Reaction score
@mbarber84 Another one to add to your list my 2022 3500 SRW HO died yesterday. Had been driving around in the mountains of Colorado, not towing, came into town and couldn’t back into a parking spot.

1. Date you ordered the truck (if applicable): 4/23/22
2. Date of manufacture: 7/25/22
3. Date you purchased the truck: Took delivery 12/16/22
4. Mileage on the odometer at the time of failure: 9,920 (150 total towing miles, light trailer. Not towing at time of failure)
5. Serial Number of failed transmission:: Don’t know, didn’t look before tow.
6. Serial Number of replacement transmission (if applicable)? TBD
7. Were you towing at the time of failure? No (2 passengers very little in the truck)
8. Did 1st through 4th gear work? Only 1st seemed to work
9. Did reverse work? No
10. What date did the transmission fail? 10/9/2023
11. When was the truck returned to you after repair? TBD
12. Did your dealer replace the transmission with a new unit or was the failed transmission repaired with parts? TBD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread