Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

Scooter29

Reaction score
Got some maintenance done, fuel filters, air filter and cabin filter. Was able to keep fuel leakage to a minimum. Have the correct air filter installed now instead of a WIX I installed last time. Even though it had glue strips I never had an issue but definitely the oem quality is better. Got everything from Genos.

Attachments

• IMG_7469.jpeg
    IMG_7469.jpeg
    599 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7467.jpeg
    IMG_7467.jpeg
    576.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_7466.jpeg
    IMG_7466.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7465.jpeg
    IMG_7465.jpeg
    283.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7464.jpeg
    IMG_7464.jpeg
    469 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7458.jpeg
    IMG_7458.jpeg
    443.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7455.jpeg
    IMG_7455.jpeg
    529.1 KB · Views: 56

Bluedevilman

Reaction score
Well I had my windshield replaced a few weeks ago, and after giving it time to make sure everything was good to go. I finally got my front window retinted in ceramic tint. Man I forgot how huge a difference it made for heat and stuff. So nice to have that heat and uv repelled again.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

JP426

Reaction score
Got some maintenance done, fuel filters, air filter and cabin filter. Was able to keep fuel leakage to a minimum. Have the correct air filter installed now instead of a WIX I installed last time. Even though it had glue strips I never had an issue but definitely the oem quality is better. Got everything from Genos.
Did you use a pvc pipe to temporarily extend the drain hose on the front filter? Seems like a great idea, willing to share the size and length?

unclelala

Reaction score
Well I had my windshield replaced a few weeks ago, and after giving it time to make sure everything was good to go. I finally got my front window retinted in ceramic tint. Man I forgot how huge a difference it made for heat and stuff. So nice to have that heat and uv repelled again.

I used to get the front windshield done but my night vision ain't what it used to be so now all I get is sides and rear.

Last edited:

Scooter29

Reaction score
Did you use a pvc pipe to temporarily extend the drain hose on the front filter? Seems like a great idea, willing to share the size and length?
Yes, had some I believe 1” pvc pipe scraps and used, can get measurement later if needed. Worked great though, lesson learned is leave the drain line open when removing the cap. Think vacuum in the system pulled more in once I cracked the housing open so it was full again and spilled some.

southern_yank

Reaction score
Pre road trip check.
- Checked oil, needs to be changed but it’ll ride.

- lubed wipers so they won’t squeak. As much.

- let some air out of the rear tires, stale air rides bad.

- removed hitch. Weight reduction makes you faster.

View attachment 62025
Rig looks good! And totally jealous of your front bumper.

Dewey

Reaction score
Changed the oil in my 2022 6.4 today (11167 miles). I have been using PUP 0-40 and Mopar oil filters ( last change 7942). Today I used PUP 0-40 and Wix 57060. Them drove to drop off the used oil and the engine is QUITE!! It may be a coincidence, drove 5 miles with all the windows down and is QUITE. Good oil change day fingers crossed.

Next oil change I will try the Mopar filter and if the famous Hemi tick comes back I will switch back to Wix and see if there is a change.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread