Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

phatboy64

Reaction score
Congrats! I hope yours moves faster through this stage than mine. My truck has been sitting in a railyard lot waiting for a ride to the dealer for over 3 weeks now. Dealer says they have zero say over getting it pulled form there. Its soooooo close to being here. Mine shot through quickly too once it finally hit build status.
That would drive me crazy…where are you located.

phatboy64

Reaction score
ask your dealer for your Railcar number then follow the information in the link below

additional info

I figured I would be calling and getting the status of my truck at least once a day so I programmed a speed dial contact in my phone to check my status (see below), All I have to do is call the contact and everything auto enters in the system. I just have to hit 1 at the end to confirm. this is for Norfolk Southern.

Example, if your railcar info is TTGX702073

TTGX = 8849 on your phone key pad

702073 = the numeric portion of your railcar info

Create a contact like the below example but put your info in.

8006355768,,,,,,2,,,2,,,,,8849#,,702073#

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
My dealer said that I should be able to take delivery on sat...bitter sweet because once I take delivery I don't know what I will do with the time i have spend tracking my new order...;:

Are you tracking the railcar info yourself or depending on the dealer info...for what it is worth I had better info tracking the railcar status then the dealer...I would track it your self..plus it is fun..
BRV10 tracked it and gave me its delivery in the railyard a few weeks back. My dealer loosely confirmed the same.

The dealer generally seems clueless and uninterested in doing anything about inquiring. They had to match a below MSRP quote to get my order and I feel like that puts a ding in them trying hard at all. It takes 3-4 emails or calls to get an answer on anything. I've come to the conclusion every car dealership is just the worst. I've been driving for almost 30 years now and owned maybe 15-20 different vehicles. New or used, every car buying experience has ranked right up there with running head first into a wall with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of them. They are all big on promises and great advertising, but then the price and paperwork are never straightforward, everything is a fight and everything takes 10x longer than it should. Hell, I'd settle for basic customer service at this point. Maybe its just the Ohio dealers around me.

Reaction score
I'm confused because @brv10 said I was at Bayview as of 3/16, I just asked my dealer(Koons) because the tracker changed from 4/4 to 4/16, they said I'm KZT in Altoona, PA as of this morning and delivery date has been pushed back. Bayview is closer Koons so not sure why I'm in PA now?

the5thsoth

Reaction score
Aaaaaaand my estimated delivery date per the ram tracker went from 4/13 to 4/22 today.

Maybe I'm in the chaotic time others have mentioned where it changes a bunch of times just before delivery....maybe I'll be making my road trip in my sedan after all....

OutWest

Reaction score
Aaaaaaand my estimated delivery date per the ram tracker went from 4/13 to 4/22 today.

Maybe I'm in the chaotic time others have mentioned where it changes a bunch of times just before delivery....maybe I'll be making my road trip in my sedan after all....
Mine states built. With no shipped date and estimated delivery of 27 Apr.
dealer states it shipped. Not sure what to believe. Just sold old truck so dealer couldn’t steal it on trade in.

Husker1972

Reaction score
BRV10 tracked it and gave me its delivery in the railyard a few weeks back. My dealer loosely confirmed the same.

The dealer generally seems clueless and uninterested in doing anything about inquiring. They had to match a below MSRP quote to get my order and I feel like that puts a ding in them trying hard at all. It takes 3-4 emails or calls to get an answer on anything. I've come to the conclusion every car dealership is just the worst. I've been driving for almost 30 years now and owned maybe 15-20 different vehicles. New or used, every car buying experience has ranked right up there with running head first into a wall with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 of them. They are all big on promises and great advertising, but then the price and paperwork are never straightforward, everything is a fight and everything takes 10x longer than it should. Hell, I'd settle for basic customer service at this point. Maybe its just the Ohio dealers around me.
No, it’s not just Ohio dealers. When I was considering purchase of the new 3/4 ton, I went to several dealers and they acted as though they had no great desire to have my business. I finally ordered through a dealership that has been reasonably customer oriented. I was actually surprised at how blasé they seemed toward a customer that drove into their dealership in a Ram 1500 Limited asking about a new 2500/F-250.

wjburnell

Reaction score

I'm right there with you! I have sent multiple emails and text messages to my dealer with ZERO response. I've been grateful to have this forum to feel connected and at least some sense of the process of what to expect.

bhal212

Reaction score
Nothing else changed, but my arrival date on the tracker moved from 5/11 to 4/30. Maybe I'll be on a train soon or my dart got pulled and landed on 4/30 this time :D

the5thsoth

Reaction score
Please let us know how that goes! Is that update from the ram tracker or koons?

mugello21

Reaction score
Please let us know how that goes! Is that update from the ram tracker or koons?
Both. Last week it said april 9th. I freaked. Sent email to koons. They sent me latest rail update showing unloaded and est delivery 3/27. I checked ram tracker the next day and it also said 3/27 now. No changes since then.

pr3dict

Reaction score
Both. Last week it said april 9th. I freaked. Sent email to koons. They sent me latest rail update showing unloaded and est delivery 3/27. I checked ram tracker the next day and it also said 3/27 now. No changes since then.
I wonder how many trucks are waiting at Bayview to go to koons.

We should all make the trip together and blockade the dealership until they go get our trucks.

phatboy64

Reaction score
So I have to admit, I am getting excited, my 3500 HO Limited arrived at it final train stop in Ayer MA at 09:30 today. Now it is a short ride from there to the dealer. Dealer says it is normally a 4 day turnaround to get it from the Ayer ramp to the dealer. I would be super happy if that was the case but am thinking mid next week. Once the truck went into schedule status things moved fast....
Just got the call from the dealer. My truck arrived on there lot. It was a total of 45 days from Scheduled to Dealer lot (only 2.5 days between the time it unloaded from the train to the dealer lot). It is crazy how there is no logic to how these process take place.... I am picking it up in the morning, I hope the test drive goes well...

Users who are viewing this thread