Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 HD Crowdsourced Order Tracking & Waiting Room

Reaction score
The Power Wagon is on the way.

Last week, the status was changed to "SHIPPED" on Jan 18, 2023. I received an email from Ram on 1/19/2023, saying the same.

Previous to this, the ram tracker website had an estimated delivery date of March 6, 2023. For the past few days (since the update on 1/19/2023), the estimated delivery was "TBD". This afternoon, the estimated delivery changed to Feb-10-2023. Interesting that the "Shipped" date in the tracker seems to update as the vehicle moves around on rail.

I also communicated with my MD rep. She said the truck in on the train, expected to arrive in Port Allen, LA on 1/30 and that it could take up to 14 days to get delivered to the them.

I see that the railcar departed from Saltillo ~ 1/18, went through Eagle Pass ~1/21, and has now departed San Antonio as of 1/22 at 8:14pm and is estimated to arrive in Addis, LA ~1/25/2023. From there it will take a short detour north to Port Allen, LA for railcar unloading. The carhaul company, Hansen & Adkins, will pickup and deliver to Mark Dodge.

My thought is that the dealership is managing expectations for the longest normal duration, and hoping for something much shorter. At any rate, picking up a new PW in early February is a fine timeline for me.

It seems that there is more fluidity in both production and rail shipping vs. a few months ago. I trust this bodes well for all of us that are eagerly waiting for our new HD truck orders. Good luck to all of us!

1674443321450.png

Last edited:

Drew M

Reaction score
It would be nice if RAM/Chrysler/Stellantis offers better financing.
GMC is offering 3.9 for 60 months on 2500’s.
Not sure what Ford is offering…

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score

Last week, the status was changed to "SHIPPED" on Jan 18, 2023. I received an email from Ram on 1/19/2023, saying the same.

Previous to this, the ram tracker website had an estimated delivery date of March 6, 2023. For the past few days (since the update on 1/19/2023), the estimated delivery was "TBD". This afternoon, the estimated delivery changed to Feb-10-2023. Interesting that the "Shipped" date in the tracker seems to update as the vehicle moves around on rail.

I also communicated with my MD rep. She said the truck in on the train, expected to arrive in Port Allen, LA on 1/30 and that it could take up to 14 days to get delivered to the them.

I see that the railcar departed from Saltillo ~ 1/18, went through Eagle Pass ~1/21, and has now departed San Antonio as of 1/22 at 8:14pm and is estimated to arrive in Addis, LA ~1/25/2023. From there it will take a short detour north to Port Allen, LA for railcar unloading. The carhaul company, Hansen & Adkins, will pickup and deliver to Mark Dodge.

My thought is that the dealership is managing expectations for the longest normal duration, and hoping for something much shorter. At any rate, picking up a new PW in early February is a fine timeline for me.

It seems that there is more fluidity in both production and rail shipping vs. a few months ago. I trust this bodes well for all of us that are eagerly waiting for our new HD truck orders. Good luck to all of us!

View attachment 50564
I haven't gotten a confirmation from my dealer yet that my truck shipped on 1/20 as the tracker says; however if that's accurate our trucks are likely on the same choo-choo ride!

Reaction score
I haven't gotten a confirmation from my dealer yet that my truck shipped on 1/20 as the tracker says; however if that's accurate our trucks are likely on the same choo-choo ride!
I'm guessing yours is ahead of mine on a different train, already in Livonia, Louisiana and arriving into New Orleans ~1/24.
Where is your final dealer?

Last edited:

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
Per my dealer this morning, their system is saying the PW is on a choo-choo in route to LA... assuming that's Port Allen? Anyone have any reference on how long they typically sit at the LA shipping yard down there before delivery to East coast states? I'm sure the Saltillo plant's Ram Trucks Official Dart Board Thrower's cajun cousin has a similar dart board in Louisiana. Hopefully he's just the right amount of buzzed compared to the Saltillo guy ;)

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Per my dealer this morning, their system is saying the PW is on a choo-choo in route to LA... assuming that's Port Allen? Anyone have any reference on how long they typically sit at the LA shipping yard down there before delivery to East coast states? I'm sure the Saltillo plant's Ram Trucks Official Dart Board Thrower's cajun cousin has a similar dart board in Louisiana. Hopefully he's just the right amount of buzzed compared to the Saltillo guy ;)
It truly depends on which carrier you have as to the route they take. I am assuming LA is only a stop as it continues on to your state. UP goes to Port Allen then on to New Orleans. From there it could pick up CSX to eastern destinations...and that is only one possible scenario. Contact the dealer and get more specifics and maybe that might clear up some of the confusion.

Here is a link to a map of the US rail routes:

Shocktrooper392

Reaction score
It truly depends on which carrier you have as to the route they take. I am assuming LA is only a stop as it continues on to your state. UP goes to Port Allen then on to New Orleans. From there it could pick up CSX to eastern destinations...and that is only one possible scenario. Contact the dealer and get more specifics and maybe that might clear up some of the confusion.

Here is a link to a map of the US rail routes:
Gotcha, makes sense. Also I understand that as far as the trucking goes once it comes off the rail all depends on getting a full trailer load of cars/trucks headed this way from wherever it gets off the rail. I remember when my Challenger shipped by rail from Toronto it got off the rail in Western Carolina (Winston-Salem area) and then waited for a few days for a full load for a truck before getting shipped to Raleigh.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Gotcha, makes sense. Also I understand that as far as the trucking goes once it comes off the rail all depends on getting a full trailer load of cars/trucks headed this way from wherever it gets off the rail. I remember when my Challenger shipped by rail from Toronto it got off the rail in Western Carolina (Winston-Salem area) and then waited for a few days for a full load for a truck before getting shipped to Raleigh.
Yep. And then you run in to the problem of a truck shortage right now, which even increases the wait. And if you ordered a DRW, it can only be loaded on the top rack of the truck carrier which limits your options even more. Even with Mark Dodge as my dealer (who is a high volume dealership selling 500-700 vehicles a month), I waited 2 weeks for the final trip from Port Allen. It was funny, my 2022 passed me in Lafayette on the way to Port Allen on rail, then passed me again on the way to Lake Charles on a truck...fun times :D And the whole while it sat in Port Allen, on days I was working in Baton Rouge, on the way home coming off of the Mississippi River Bridge, I could see the holding lot wondering where my wide hipped dually was in the mass of metal.

Last edited:

605Judo

Reaction score
Is the tracker not working? My dealer sent me this info:

Status D
Scheduled - Firm schedule;serial number is assigned
Status date;2022-12-16

I have no idea what any of that means. And he just keeps saying that it is being built, but he's been saying that for a week, but I thought I read on here that it only takes 8 hours.

My tracker says the pickup has yet to be scheduled and is still in status C.
Simple tradesman with Hemi SRW 2500. I'm about to go buy the Chevy off the lot.

Kauffmj1

Reaction score
Same here, I'm pretty leery on the new instrument cluster. When I ordered I thought it was an option for higher trims, I didn't know it was standard on PW's. I want to keep my truck for a long time and I pray that way down the road there will still be parts available / aftermarket solutions if I have an issue.
Exactly how I felt. I ordered the 8.4in too, but the codes I pulled from the ram tracker shows the RPO code for the 12in screen. My dealer swears it has the 8.4in. So I'll be curious to see if your's does show up with the 8.4in.

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Is the tracker not working? My dealer sent me this info:

Status D
Scheduled - Firm schedule;serial number is assigned
Status date;2022-12-16

I have no idea what any of that means. And he just keeps saying that it is being built, but he's been saying that for a week, but I thought I read on here that it only takes 8 hours.

My tracker says the pickup has yet to be scheduled and is still in status C.
Simple tradesman with Hemi SRW 2500. I'm about to go buy the Chevy off the lot.
The tracker only shows going from Status C to Status D1, so even though you have moved to the next step of Status D (which is in between C and D1), it will not be reflected on the tracker.

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
Probably been mentioned before but whenever I check the order tracking online it just says order confirmed, but the dealership says their tracking shows it currently being built. They’re saying the online one isn’t super accurate, is anyone else having this happen?

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Probably been mentioned before but whenever I check the order tracking online it just says order confirmed, but the dealership says their tracking shows it currently being built. They’re saying the online one isn’t super accurate, is anyone else having this happen?
Never seen anything that drastic :oops: ...the tracker usually lags behind by days. But it's a computer program - garbage in, garbage out. Dealer is either on top of it or they're blowing sunshine up your skirt to make you feel on top of the world :cool:

Aaron.j.ackerman

Reaction score
Never seen anything that drastic :oops: ...the tracker usually lags behind by days. But it's a computer program - garbage in, garbage out. Dealer is either on top of it or they're blowing sunshine up your skirt to make you feel on top of the world :cool:
I just read another reply on it and I guess it’s because mine just hit D1 over the weekend so I guess it’s just lagging behind a little lol. But knowing dealers I wouldn’t doubt they’re blowing smoke I guess we’ll see what happens!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
The online tracker is a guesstimate

Steelhorse67

Reaction score
Having same issue. Dealer says mine is built and waiting for the train ride. My order status is that it is still in production. It must be built however as the mopar garage allowed me to add it with my VIN. I'm hoping this is the case but was also hoping it would be put on a train soon.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

View attachment 50564
You are about a day away from arriving in Port Allen.

scdo

Reaction score
Per dealer, I'm in JS (Shipped to Storage). I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not lol? It shows estimated ship date of "1/24 1:59 AM" so hoping it is a short time visiting "storage"!

Tater86

Reaction score
The thread is quiet today, haha. Everyone must be in zombie mode now waiting for their trucks to do something, haha. Well, a little excitement over here, unless the tracker is lying but mine shipped :). Guess they finally found enough orders to ship to the MD/PA area.

Users who are viewing this thread