Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aux Switches

dantex

Reaction score
why are you depinning anything..? are you using Paul's kit?
No, I got a relay/fuse box from Amazon, and the appropriate tec pins for the aux switches. I'm also adding a non-oem front camera, using the rca adapter from Tazer, so I need to pull some oem wires and replace them with new ones instead of cutting the OEM wires. (I am aware that will make @Jimmy07 and @Brutal_HO sad.)

jstickman

Reaction score
No, I got a relay/fuse box from Amazon, and the appropriate tec pins for the aux switches. I'm also adding a non-oem front camera, using the rca adapter from Tazer, so I need to pull some oem wires and replace them with new ones instead of cutting the OEM wires. (I am aware that will make @Jimmy07 and @Brutal_HO sad.)
Why don't you just tap into the brown wires already there instead of pulling the existing ones and replacing them?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
The terminals for the XY125 connector are readily available now, so instead of removing and replacing the existing wires on the aux switch bank connector, you can just populate the missing wires on the female half of XY125.

XY125 pins 34, 36, 37, 38, 41- Aptiv 35072391:

XY 125 pin 40- 7116-4270-02:

Big Tom

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tradesman with no Aux Switches and no Upfitters package. Truck also came with only one 12 Volt outlet which has my GPS plugged in. I would like to add a CB and Fog Lights at a minimum. Anyone ever use a Painless wiring Cirkit Boss 70107?

Florotory

Reaction score
The terminals for the XY125 connector are readily available now, so instead of removing and replacing the existing wires on the aux switch bank connector, you can just populate the missing wires on the female half of XY125.

XY125 pins 34, 36, 37, 38, 41- Aptiv 35072391:

XY 125 pin 40- 7116-4270-02:
Did all trucks come with the XY125 connector? Ive looked maybe 6 times under my dash and do not see the plug. 2020 2500 laramie (no aux switches)

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Did all trucks come with the XY125 connector? Ive looked maybe 6 times under my dash and do not see the plug. 2020 2500 laramie (no aux switches)
Yes. It is a main connector (59-way) from the instrument panel. It’s up in the driver footwell against the firewall.

Florotory

Reaction score
77490fa6a0ef4443291cf6b7634e1ab7.jpg

This the correct one ? If so I shoulda just wired into there and then to the Aux PDC instead of bypassing it. But oh well I’ve already got all the harnesses made. Just waiting on the switch bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD2510

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman, I have an auxiliary PDC already installed from factory. Can I add the auxiliary connectors dark gray and light gray, and the auxiliary switches inside the cab.

Attachments

• AD3AC827-FA24-4291-8134-0C28EE0D761B.jpeg
    AD3AC827-FA24-4291-8134-0C28EE0D761B.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 38

Florotory

Reaction score
Yes.
I have a 2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman, I have an auxiliary PDC already installed from factory. Can I add the auxiliary connectors dark gray and light gray, and the auxiliary switches inside the cab.
I have a thread on the DIY section with part numbers. Just need to finish the write up for the install

Drew M

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the Factory Installed Aux Switches. I've tried entering the Commercial Settings. When I select this in the Menu, and press "OK" nothing happens. The screen display does not change, and I do not get the screen to enter a PIN.
1. Do I need to install a load (Compressor, lights, etc) on one of the output pins?
2. If a load is not needed, is this something I will to visit the dealer for? I don't have a programer.
3. I noticed that there is a ground pin in the connector. Do I need to use this if I can ground the compressor, lights etc.?

I tried RAM's 1-866-useless number, and after going through a circle j***, the best advice they had was to go through the dealer. But, that's another issue...

Florotory

Reaction score
I have a couple of questions about the Factory Installed Aux Switches. I've tried entering the Commercial Settings. When I select this in the Menu, and press "OK" nothing happens. The screen display does not change, and I do not get the screen to enter a PIN.
1. Do I need to install a load (Compressor, lights, etc) on one of the output pins?
2. If a load is not needed, is this something I will to visit the dealer for? I don't have a programer.
3. I noticed that there is a ground pin in the connector. Do I need to use this if I can ground the compressor, lights etc.?

I tried RAM's 1-866-useless number, and after going through a circle j***, the best advice they had was to go through the dealer. But, that's another issue...

1. No, if programmed in the BCM then everything should work even without having anything hooked up
2. If you have commercial settings then it should already be programmed - so if not working a trip to the dealer might be in order. If not under warranty might be better to get AlfaOBD and adjust settings.
3. I believe so but not 100%.

Drew M

Reaction score
T
1. No, if programmed in the BCM then everything should work even without having anything hooked up
2. If you have commercial settings then it should already be programmed - so if not working a trip to the dealer might be in order. If not under warranty might be better to get AlfaOBD and adjust settings.
3. I believe so but not 100%.

Thanks. I’ve got a call in to my Service guy. Truck is only 3 weeks old, so yeah still under warranty. It’s not a hot priority. I’m figuring out a compressor, and tank set up, and possibly a horn. I had to wait until I got my Line-X and AMP steps installed.

Florotory

Reaction score
T

Thanks. I’ve got a call in to my Service guy. Truck is only 3 weeks old, so yeah still under warranty. It’s not a hot priority. I’m figuring out a compressor, and tank set up, and possibly a horn. I had to wait until I got my Line-X and AMP steps installed.

Factory probably didn’t program it correctly.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score

1) No load is needed. It should ask for the PIN after you press the right arrow, then it should give you options for aux switches or pin setup.

I don’t know if the ‘23 is different than the ‘22 thou, as I don’t have an “OK” button, nor does the screen mention “OK”.

The ‘23 commercial body builder site file on the ‘23 is from ‘21 thou, so it doesn’t seem anything has changed.

2) Probably.

3) No, it’s available but not needed. I am not using that ground with any of my 4 Aux switches in use. As long as there is sufficient wiring the ground is the ground.

Last edited:

Drew M

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Not sure what I did differently, but I am able to access the Commercial Settings and program the AUX switches.
Thanks to everyone for your comments!
Drew

Last edited:

44Dan44

Reaction score

Florotory

Reaction score
Old post but wanted to know if you ever got this confirmed?

Those are it. If you look for my thread in the DIY AUX switch. I have all the part numbers. I haven’t had a chance to finish the DIY write up, but all the part numbers are there including the actual plugs.

44Dan44

Reaction score
Those are it. If you look for my thread in the DIY AUX switch. I have all the part numbers. I haven’t had a chance to finish the DIY write up, but all the part numbers are there including the actual plugs.

Thanks I did read your write up, but you have all of the parts for a full Aux PDC and switch install, couldn't determine what part was what? I want the ones that plug into this like comes in the accessory pack with the truck. Preferably the Mouser part number.
1648933765273.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread