Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

jebruns

Reaction score
Curious on how well the caps fit
I have the same diesel cap on my 22. I left the stock DEF cap. The diesel cap is nice, but a little hard at times to turn to get off. I wish it had more aggressive or larger indentations on the sides for that reason. But it fits and works fine.

jk2119

Reaction score
So my truck finally arrived......2022 Ram 3500 Cummins HO Mega Cab Laramie loaded.

My order date was 05-03, build date 07-19, ship date 07-26................which meant shipped to the parking lot outside the plant for damn near 5 months. It was loaded onto rail car finally on 12-07, didn't start moving until 12-08 in what was supposed to be a 7 day trip to Chicago rail yard. Didn't arrive until 12-18 and was scheduled to be picked up within 5 days by Jack Cooper Transport. It sat until 01-04. I think the parking attendants from Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the ones who parked it in the rail yard. The dealership sent me a picture at 530pm on 01-04 with the truck sitting on top of the carrier in the front, which means it was the first loaded, last to be off. I picked up the vehicle on 01-08. Thank God the Ram Tracker program kept me up-to-date on every movement of my truck!!! That POS system says my delivery date for the truck is "TBD," keeping true to it's usefulness, as always, is right on the money with accuracy!!

The dealership I used is a smaller dealer that is local to my area. I went with them as they have a good reputation and wanted to deal local for all of the reasons you do that for. I am glad I did. They gave me the $1k rebate, and the GM was able to get the Ram rep to authorize free oil changes & tire rotations at 7500 mile intervals for the next 4 years for free due to the BS of this order. Also, since the tires sat for 5 months, the Dealer will replace the tires if I am not happy for free. The dealer told me that they are worried I will give them a bad review, which in turn, they will get penalized by Stellantis and not be able to order another vehicle for 90 days. I confirmed this with others on this forum as well, so it was not a sales tactic. They apologized up and down and said they sell more Tradesman and Big Horn versions and don't sell too many high dollar 3500 like this. They were worried I was going to back out and they would be stuck with the truck. They said they have been paying on the truck since it was built in July as that was when Stellantis sent them the invoice for it. They were also honest and said they don't have a high profit margin on new vehicles, which I also confirmed with others.

It has been a 9 month, 4 day journey for this truck instead of the 3-4 months I was told at the time of order. I have never custom ordered anything from a factory and never spent this much $$ on a vehicle or anything like this other than real estate. I researched Ford, Chevy, and Ram for about 2 months prior and did numerous builds on their websites. I can tell you all that the interior alone far surpasses the other 2 brands. The BS that we as the customer have to put up with from Stellantis is pathetic and if anything, I wish they would lose so much money in 2023, that they fire everyone at the top and the idiots who can't get the shipping figured out. Maybe they should hire the Cartels because they are experts at getting things shipped and across our border in little to no time at all!

I have heard others who have gotten their trucks that the wait is worth it. I can say that it is. It is a ******** wait without a doubt....but in the end, it is worth it. For all of you that are still waiting, we all feel your pain and hopefully your rides will get to you soon. I wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave advice, gave info, and talked me and others off the ledge while going through this process. I especially wanted to thank brv10. That man is a God and has provided me more info than anyone. Thank you sir...truly!!

Stellantis sucks. It is a broken company that deserves bankruptcy as far as I am concerned. However, the Ram truck they produce is badass and that is why the HD trucks you see on the highways hauling loads and other commercial applications are either a Ram or a Ford. Ford's interior is lame, dated, and bland when you compare the models side-by-side to the Ram. The 2023 F350 looks like an EV vehicle and they should have left the front end alone. My original order in April 2022 was a F350 Lariat. Ford cancelled the orders April 1st and did not tell the dealerships. On April 4th (Monday) the salesman called me and said Ford canceled orders on April 1st and did not tell anyone and he figured it out when he tried placing mine and another customers. Ford did not start taking orders again until the middle of October. They are telling dealerships 9 month wait times for a truck built in OH. Unbelievable. By then, interest rates will be 15% with a 800+ credit score with another $100B to Ukraine and diesel at $6.50 per gallon here.

Thank you all for the wealth of knowledge that has been shared on here and to those who are still waiting.....It sucks without a doubt. Once you get it though, you will be glad you stuck with it.

Attachments

• 20230107_114832_resized.jpg
    20230107_114832_resized.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 40

joeycamp

Reaction score
So my truck finally arrived......2022 Ram 3500 Cummins HO Mega Cab Laramie loaded.

My order date was 05-03, build date 07-19, ship date 07-26................which meant shipped to the parking lot outside the plant for damn near 5 months. It was loaded onto rail car finally on 12-07, didn't start moving until 12-08 in what was supposed to be a 7 day trip to Chicago rail yard. Didn't arrive until 12-18 and was scheduled to be picked up within 5 days by Jack Cooper Transport. It sat until 01-04. I think the parking attendants from Ferris Bueller's Day Off where the ones who parked it in the rail yard. The dealership sent me a picture at 530pm on 01-04 with the truck sitting on top of the carrier in the front, which means it was the first loaded, last to be off. I picked up the vehicle on 01-08. Thank God the Ram Tracker program kept me up-to-date on every movement of my truck!!! That POS system says my delivery date for the truck is "TBD," keeping true to it's usefulness, as always, is right on the money with accuracy!!

The dealership I used is a smaller dealer that is local to my area. I went with them as they have a good reputation and wanted to deal local for all of the reasons you do that for. I am glad I did. They gave me the $1k rebate, and the GM was able to get the Ram rep to authorize free oil changes & tire rotations at 7500 mile intervals for the next 4 years for free due to the BS of this order. Also, since the tires sat for 5 months, the Dealer will replace the tires if I am not happy for free. The dealer told me that they are worried I will give them a bad review, which in turn, they will get penalized by Stellantis and not be able to order another vehicle for 90 days. I confirmed this with others on this forum as well, so it was not a sales tactic. They apologized up and down and said they sell more Tradesman and Big Horn versions and don't sell too many high dollar 3500 like this. They were worried I was going to back out and they would be stuck with the truck. They said they have been paying on the truck since it was built in July as that was when Stellantis sent them the invoice for it. They were also honest and said they don't have a high profit margin on new vehicles, which I also confirmed with others.

It has been a 9 month, 4 day journey for this truck instead of the 3-4 months I was told at the time of order. I have never custom ordered anything from a factory and never spent this much $$ on a vehicle or anything like this other than real estate. I researched Ford, Chevy, and Ram for about 2 months prior and did numerous builds on their websites. I can tell you all that the interior alone far surpasses the other 2 brands. The BS that we as the customer have to put up with from Stellantis is pathetic and if anything, I wish they would lose so much money in 2023, that they fire everyone at the top and the idiots who can't get the shipping figured out. Maybe they should hire the Cartels because they are experts at getting things shipped and across our border in little to no time at all!

I have heard others who have gotten their trucks that the wait is worth it. I can say that it is. It is a ******** wait without a doubt....but in the end, it is worth it. For all of you that are still waiting, we all feel your pain and hopefully your rides will get to you soon. I wanted to say thank you to all of you who gave advice, gave info, and talked me and others off the ledge while going through this process. I especially wanted to thank brv10. That man is a God and has provided me more info than anyone. Thank you sir...truly!!

Stellantis sucks. It is a broken company that deserves bankruptcy as far as I am concerned. However, the Ram truck they produce is badass and that is why the HD trucks you see on the highways hauling loads and other commercial applications are either a Ram or a Ford. Ford's interior is lame, dated, and bland when you compare the models side-by-side to the Ram. The 2023 F350 looks like an EV vehicle and they should have left the front end alone. My original order in April 2022 was a F350 Lariat. Ford cancelled the orders April 1st and did not tell the dealerships. On April 4th (Monday) the salesman called me and said Ford canceled orders on April 1st and did not tell anyone and he figured it out when he tried placing mine and another customers. Ford did not start taking orders again until the middle of October. They are telling dealerships 9 month wait times for a truck built in OH. Unbelievable. By then, interest rates will be 15% with a 800+ credit score with another $100B to Ukraine and diesel at $6.50 per gallon here.

Thank you all for the wealth of knowledge that has been shared on here and to those who are still waiting.....It sucks without a doubt. Once you get it though, you will be glad you stuck with it.
Congratulations. Nice truck. I got the same color with painted bumpers. Just shipped 1/4. Got the train number but can't figure out the code or whatever she is saying to me.

jk2119

Reaction score
Congratulations. Nice truck. I got the same color with painted bumpers. Just shipped 1/4. Got the train number but can't figure out the code or whatever she is saying to me.
Is the rail company Santa Fe?

joeycamp

Reaction score
Is the rail company Santa Fe?
Union Pacific. Number she says is duplicate. One I can figure out has it in PA which is impossible, going to MD, The other is some crazy initials or abbreviation. Have to call later and write it down.

Slotcop

Reaction score
Mine built 7-19 now has an EDD of 1/26. Tracker does not show that it has shipped yet though. They seem to have gotten to mid to late July builds now.
How / where do you get that EDD? Mine was built7/25/22. Tracking always says shipped TBD.

Jwojo

Reaction score
How / where do you get that EDD? Mine was built7/25/22. Tracking always says shipped TBD.
It’s on the tracker. EST Delivery date was 1/26 on Christmas, then changed to 1-19 last week. Today it changed back to 1/26. Still does not say that it had shipped.

jk2119

Reaction score
Union Pacific. Number she says is duplicate. One I can figure out has it in PA which is impossible, going to MD, The other is some crazy initials or abbreviation. Have to call later and write it down.
Gotcha. Mine was Santa Fe and is/was impossible to look up rail car #s.

Trwiii

Reaction score

I am in the same boat as you. I ordered in May sat in the parking lot since August picking up this week. I hope my dealer is as accommodating
as yours. I would be happy with keeping the price at when I ordered. I am also going to fight for new tires, sitting in the Mexican sun for 5+ months will affect them. The oil change service is a nice bone that they should automatically be offering on our builds. Our builds are basically the same but I ordered the auto side steps. We should make a list of what guys are getting and what the dealers are offering for the ridiculous amount of time it has taken to receive a 90k truck which is now a year old. Ill update when Pick it up and what ever I can get from them to try to make up for there poor business model.

spjackson772

Reaction score
I can't even get a rail company or car #. But it is on its way finally after sitting for 5 months. After looking at other people's timelines does it seem normal to take 5 days to just get to the border in Texas?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Which tank did you get? I am looking at S&B. I heard that it screws up all the system tracking MPG, distance to empty, etc. have you found that to be true?
It will until you take it to the dealer and have the fuel tank settings changed. you can also use ALFA OBD to do it yourself

Slotcop

Reaction score
It’s on the tracker. EST Delivery date was 1/26 on Christmas, then changed to 1-19 last week. Today it changed back to 1/26. Still does not say that it had shipped.
maybe you use a different tracker?
on track your ram i never see an estimated delivery date ....
just:
  1. Order Confirmed Apr-29-2022
  2. Scheduled May-23-2022
  3. In Production Jul-18-2022
  4. Vehicle Buil tJul-25-2022
  5. ShippedTBD
thanx

jebruns

Reaction score
I researched Ford, Chevy, and Ram for about 2 months prior and did numerous builds on their websites. I can tell you all that the interior alone far surpasses the other 2 brands.
For sure. A buddy who is a GM guy was looking over my new Ltd Longhorn last weekend and was just blown away by the interior.

Congrats on getting your truck.

Drew M

Reaction score
The de

The delay and wait sucks, but I'm glad you're happy with the truck, and the wait will be worth it.
Enjoy the ride and stay safe!

Slotcop

Reaction score

Good, fun read… glad you and others I see are starting to get their rams. When you mentioned the Ram tracker program kept you up to date, what program is that. I go on Track Your Ram 5 times a day lookin at my 3500 Laramie built July 25th and shipped TBD. Is there a different tracker? Thanx

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
Good, fun read… glad you and others I see are starting to get their rams. When you mentioned the Ram tracker program kept you up to date, what program is that. I go on Track Your Ram 5 times a day lookin at my 3500 Laramie built July 25th and shipped TBD. Is there a different tracker? Thanx
I think it was a heavy dose of sarcasm.

TRXCNB

Reaction score
I got mine shipped January 4!
Estimated delivery date is January 26th. We'll see how this goes. I'm holding off on bugging brv 10 for a couple more weeks about my update cuz I've bothered him a few times. He's greatly appreciated!!!

T_night

Reaction score
Dealer says my truck has been released as of last Thursday. Does that mean it’s been put on a train?

Ram customer service says they have no info on truck.

Users who are viewing this thread