Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rswasey

Reaction score
Dealership called-- my truck is suppose to be ready tomorrow (Hemi 2500). It has been a long wait but I don't think the gassers will be affected by the recall from today.-- ordered in April, scheduled in june, built in july, shipped in August, spent September and October at the train yard and had the Decals ripped off the tail gate. Got to the dealership on October 26, and should be back from the body shop tomorrow. The Dealership has been really good, honored the ordered price (msrp price) and they have paid for a spray in bed liner while at the body shop and have agreed to pay for window tinting for me. I will post pictures if this actually happens tomorrow.

Gary2920

Reaction score
Probably not from being built, but it’s a stop sale, so they can’t turn them over to the customer:
View attachment 47488
I can add to this and it's not good. I picked up my new DRW the night before the recall. Since it is a stop sale, even finished trucks on the dealer lot cannot be turned over until a repair is developed and implemented. I was told thst may take 3-5 months! Sorry fellas.

joeycamp

Reaction score
I can add to this and it's not good. I picked up my new DRW the night before the recall. Since it is a stop sale, even finished trucks on the dealer lot cannot be turned over until a repair is developed and implemented. I was told thst may take 3-5 months! Sorry fellas.
If this is true for those waiting on trucks, a long time, they should let us build a ‘23 the same way same price and give us priority on building and shipping. This is BS. First camping trip is in March besides that I want my truck.

jwh02017

Reaction score
I can see this latest recall causing a lot of guys canceling their orders since it's going to be adding several more months wait time to the already "months and months" they have been waiting this far. This really sucks. I'm thankful mine isn't in this recall. Just wish I could hurry up and get mine before they find something to recall and stop the sale.

This will be my first Ram truck, I'm hoping all these recalls isn't something that typically happens with these trucks.

Lst1504

Reaction score
Just looked at my dealers web site and all of the 2500 and 3500 have been removed from sellable inventory except the 1 and only hemi. This recall is going to get major attention from technical department or most of the diesels are going to sit and rams sales are going to suffer. Just wondering if they will still ship them so at least they are in the country

Lst1504

Reaction score
I can see this latest recall causing a lot of guys canceling their orders since it's going to be adding several more months wait time to the already "months and months" they have been waiting this far. This really sucks. I'm thankful mine isn't in this recall. Just wish I could hurry up and get mine before they find something to recall and stop the sale.

This will be my first Ram truck, I'm hoping all these recalls isn't something that typically happens with these trucks.
They all have recalls from time to time, this seems like a overheating issue in the trans, may just need added trans cooler, but tech people may have different thoughts. Hopefully they will act quickly on the repair and needed parts

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
They all have recalls from time to time, this seems like a overheating issue in the trans, may just need added trans cooler, but tech people may have different thoughts. Hopefully they will act quickly on the repair and needed parts
It's nothing to do with a trans cooler.

migz_74

Reaction score
If it still has a actual date and hasn't gone to TBD your doing good
Ok just a bit confused. Just a rundown on what happened. So my original date was November 21. I called the dealership yesterday and they said it was picked up by trailer and should be there in a couple of days. Approximately 200 miles from rail yard. So then I saw this morning and they moved it to Dec 6. Could the dealership have the truck but found damage to buy some time to get it fixed?

Lst1504

Reaction score
Ok just a bit confused. Just a rundown on what happened. So my original date was November 21. I called the dealership yesterday and they said it was picked up by trailer and should be there in a couple of days. Approximately 200 miles from rail yard. So then I saw this morning and they moved it to Dec 6. Could the dealership have the truck but found damage to buy some time to get it fixed?
That's not likely, pretty sure they would have to disclose any type of damage and repair to you. But at least it's not still in Mexico. Is it a diesel, if so it could be due to the recall

migz_74

Reaction score
That's not likely, pretty sure they would have to disclose any type of damage and repair to you. But at least it's not still in Mexico. Is it a diesel, if so it could be due to the recall
Yes it's a diesel. Well I was afraid of that. Just got a call from the dealership and advised me that my truck has the recall and is placed on no sale clause. So no truck for me. They don't have a time frame. Unbelievable!!

TRXto3500

Reaction score
Yes it's a diesel. Well I was afraid of that. Just got a call from the dealership and advised me that my truck has the recall and is placed on no sale clause. So no truck for me. They don't have a time frame. Unbelievable!!
Which transmission?

Users who are viewing this thread