Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Trwiii

Reaction score
Interestingly enough, Ram Tracker updated my delivery from TBD to Dec 8 (although I've had various delivery dates come and go), but this time my dealer let me know this morning it finally got on a train today from Saltillo. So if it helps anyone I ordered a Power Wagon May 25th with a built date of Aug 8, so none of that hail damage, CTD ECU recall, 3500 DRW train issues. Basically stuck in the back lot problems. So I believe perhaps orders that were delayed around that time period are shipping? Again, good luck everyone.
That’s promising, I ordered May 24 and built the same week. I can only hope we are parked next to each other!!

jwh02017

Reaction score
I've been logging the changes of the online tracker for my truck and this is what I have so far....

Ordered on 04-25-2022
Built on 09-02-2022

Below is the history of the online tracker:
On 09-12-2022 estimate delivery of 11-06-2022
On 09-26-2022 estimate delivery updated to 10-30-2022
On 10-31-2022 estimate delivery date missed and changed to TBD
On 11-07-2022 estimate delivery updated to 12-02-2022
On 11-08-2022 shipped date 11-06-2022
On 11-10-2022 shipped date changed to 11-09-2022
On 11-14-2022 estimate delivery changed from 12-02-2022 to TBD
On 11-16-2022 estimate delivery changed back to 12-02-2022

I'm really hoping all of these 2022 truck orders still floating around out there get to the dealers within the next couple weeks or so because I can see several guys backing out of the purchase because of business tax reasons or the simple fact nobody wants to buy a brand new truck at the beginning of the new year that is already a year old.

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking the issue may be. The icon will light up, so the logic is there. The failure to complete the circuit may be what is forcing it to turn off after initiation.

First world problems, I don’t really even think about it till it’s chilly out and know that I paid for this. My previous trucks have never had it, so nothing lost. If it’s not a loose connection (that I can get to) or a fuse I’ll take it to a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I worked in the service department at a Chrysler dealer for a while and we had a new Durango that came in with an issue where half the electronics in the vehicle would intermittently shut off. Actually got to see it happen once while it was just sitting in the service drive waiting to be checked in. It ended up being a loose connector in a main harness in the middle of the car behind some trim panel. Took several trips in to find. The tech had to just start ripping the whole interior apart and check every connection until he found it.

gator6

Reaction score
I worked in the service department at a Chrysler dealer for a while and we had a new Durango that came in with an issue where half the electronics in the vehicle would intermittently shut off. Actually got to see it happen once while it was just sitting in the service drive waiting to be checked in. It ended up being a loose connector in a main harness in the middle of the car behind some trim panel. Took several trips in to find. The tech had to just start ripping the whole interior apart and check every connection until he found it.

It may come down to a trip to the dealer…I wish I could post a video of what it’s been doing…or not doing.

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
It may come down to a trip to the dealer…I wish I could post a video of what it’s been doing…or not doing.

It might have to. I know it took several trips to get that Durango fixed. And I'm pretty sure the customer never paid for any of the trips, even when we couldn't duplicate the issue or find the solution. I had to take my wife's wrangler in because the ABS was acting up after I had left the dealership. We all knew it was one of the wheel speed sensors, but the computer would t log a code for which sensor. Without that code the dealer couldn't do anything under warranty and the techs couldn't get it to act up again. I never got charged a diagnosis fee and took it in a couple different times. Ended up changing all the sensors myself about a year after the warranty ran out.

spjackson772

Reaction score
How are you guys getting all of these status updates? I ordered my 3500 4/30...built 8/10 and still no estimated delivery to NY.
VIN 3C63R3EL9NG338983

spjackson772

Reaction score
How are you guys getting all of these status updates? I ordered my 3500 4/30...built 8/10 and still no estimated delivery to NY.
VIN 3C63R3EL9NG338983
And when i enter my order# in ram tracker it says sorry there is no current info on your vehicle please check back later.

Jwojo

Reaction score
VIN 3C63R3EL9NG338983
It's probably sitting in a lot with mine. Ordered 4/26, built 7/19 and still no estimated delivery date on the tracker or from the dealer to Mark Dodge. I opened a case with Ram Cares and it hasn't gotten me anywhere besides form emails, telling me not to worry that congratulations my truck has been built and is ready to ship.

762fmj

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up! Im only repeating what the Service Rep told me at Arlington CJDR in Jacksonville told me. I was shocked by it.

Don't trust Arlington CJDR. Westside off Commonwealth and Bay Meadows and Arlington are all owned by the same guy and they universally suck. I've seen blown engines and all kinds of service nightmares come out of their service departments. Their sales team are also classic high pressure sales tactics and have 0 knowledge on their product or even how taxes work with discounts vs rebates. Darcars in OP is even worse somehow...

Atlantic CJDR in St Augustine is a much better service department. Whereas Arlington told me that they were backlogged and wouldn't be able to look at my Jeep for at least a week after my appointment (made a month in advance) and would not put me in a loaner/rental, Atlantic had me drop off my jeep Friday (after service closed) the week I set the appointment and had me finished on Sunday for a top end rebuild.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Oh boy, at least trucks being built get priority

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221117-174951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221117-174951_Chrome.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 70

joeycamp

Reaction score
Oh boy, at least trucks being built get priority
"FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles. The remedy is currently under development."

Since it's voluntary, and no remedy yet, it shouldn't hold up built trucks waiting to ship? Right?

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
"FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall on all affected vehicles. The remedy is currently under development."

Since it's voluntary, and no remedy yet, it shouldn't hold up built trucks waiting to ship? Right?
Probably not from being built, but it’s a stop sale, so they can’t turn them over to the customer:
FDB02CBE-6643-4C9B-8B91-029347E7EF3F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread