Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram trucks stuck at Mexico Border

Craigh1

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 CC limited night edition in Sept. 21. The truck was finished being built and scheduled for delivery July 28, 2022. I have heard unofficially that there are a significant number of trucks stuck in Mexico on rail cars. Unknown when it will be delivered. Has anyone in the group heard this? Anyone have any info on when deliveries might start?
Thx

tchur1

Reaction score

JimKIII

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 Ram 3500 CC limited night edition in Sept. 21. The truck was finished being built and scheduled for delivery July 28, 2022. I have heard unofficially that there are a significant number of trucks stuck in Mexico on rail cars. Unknown when it will be delivered. Has anyone in the group heard this? Anyone have any info on when deliveries might start?
Thx
For clarification, you ordered Sept. in 2021? and it still hasn't showed up? Almost fourteen months later? If that's the case, that's got to be a record for the longest wait of anyone I've read about in those 1900 pages @tchur1 references. Good grief, you are one mighty patient person.....and Stellantis owes you a massive prize like life-time service at no charge.

Craigh1

Reaction score
Yes Sir! You are correct. The truck was ordered in September of 2021. I was supposed to get it mid January 2022. I know there was a delay due to chip shortages... as it is fully loaded with every option. It's build was complete in June 2022 and it was slated for delivery with a tentative arrival date of July 28, 2022. Last information from the dealership was some border related issue, which has a suspended the truck deliveries indefinitely. Ie no ETA.

For clarification, you ordered Sept. in 2021? and it still hasn't showed up? Almost fourteen months later? If that's the case, that's got to be a record for the longest wait of anyone I've read about in those 1900 pages @tchur1 references. Good grief, you are one mighty patient person.....and Stellantis owes you a massive prize like life-time service at no charg

kevin588127

Reaction score
Sounds like the dealer is blowing smoke. Mine was a late June build, late July ship and mid August delivery.

JimKIII

Reaction score
I bet someone stole the truck in Mexico and no one's owning up to it. Head-in-the-sand scenario.

aaronedmonton

Reaction score
Probably could have found one on a lot similar to that. I would not have waited that long.

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
lol youd receive a better update from a tree versus ram care. Head over to the 22 build/discussion thread and make a post there. I believe they were emailing a higher up from ram and getting results. Last name Mcdonald i believe.

Thisnthat

Reaction score
I hope your dealer offers price protection....ordered in Sept 21 and built summer of 22 will be a $7-10k price difference depending on trim level

Craigh1

Reaction score
Yes, the dealership is maintaining the price which was quite a bit lower than the MSRP, plus the interest rate at the time of ordering (3.99). However, I was getting a much better rate through my bank... but that has long gone now... with increased interest rates.
Slim pickings to buy a HD truck right now... can't get options, colors, plus an extra cost of 10k in "market adjustment" makes it tough... and dealerships are still selling these trucks like hotcakes?
I hope your dealer offers price protection....ordered in Sept 21 and built summer of 22 will be a $7-10k price difference depending on trim level

techman

Reaction score
All Ram dealers have price protection, it's provided by FCA/Stellantis. If your dealer says no, then they are flat out lying.

mountainears

Reaction score
All Ram dealers have price protection, it's provided by FCA/Stellantis. If your dealer says no, then they are flat out lying.

I ordered a fully loaded night edition limited in February 2022 and received it in 5 months. We will never know but it would be good to know why you got so delayed. I probably would have baled had mine taken as long as what you’re saying. But you will have a very low mileage, early 22 model I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thisnthat

Reaction score

Agree with you - either lying or just lazy (or ignorant) - not sure which is worse.

It's surprising the number of posters on here that have relayed that their dealer doesn't/won't offer price protection

Same issue with GM right now, GM offers it, but the dealer doesn't have to "give" it to the customer

Believe that in both cases, price protection isn't automatic, the dealer has to either apply for it/fill out the appropriate forms in order to obtain the price protection from the manufacturer

Last edited:

Thisnthat

Reaction score
Yes, the dealership is maintaining the price which was quite a bit lower than the MSRP, plus the interest rate at the time of ordering (3.99). However, I was getting a much better rate through my bank... but that has long gone now... with increased interest rates.
Slim pickings to buy a HD truck right now... can't get options, colors, plus an extra cost of 10k in "market adjustment" makes it tough... and dealerships are still selling these trucks like hotcakes?

there are dealerships represented on here that are selling ordered trucks at pre-covid prices...approx 11% off MSRP and that is without any rebates. If you were able to get under sticker a year ago on an order at your random local dealership, that's not bad though....and hopefully people are starting to realize that there are more options than paying the market adjustments

McGuyver

Reaction score
Thx
Did you get your truck yet? Still waiting on mine . Cant get any answers

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Yikes! I thought my 8 months was long (Dec ‘21 - Aug ‘22), and it sat in Mexico for 5-6 weeks before shipping. My dads truck was built after mine and arrived before mine.

Craigh1

Reaction score
Did you get your truck yet? Still waiting on mine . Cant get any answers
So, funny thing. A short time after writing this post, I got a phone call from the owner of the dealership to say my truck shipped from Mexico. I had a mbr on this site confirm that actually left!.

I have received a few phone calls updating me on the location of the truck.... most recently as this afternoon to tell me the truck was in Chicago IL. (apparently this is a main hub) It is supposed to leave tonight... and should be here in about a week.

It has been a long wait... ill believe it when i see it...but I'm getting excited!

Thx for checking in!

Users who are viewing this thread