Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 3500 Order Guides with MSRP and Invoice Pricing

jenninr

Reaction score
I've sent my builds to a couple dealers and requested the rambox and logo delete on the bed. I'll let everyone know what they say.

Oh and I requested a rear locker or LSD so looking forward to the info on that.
All 3500s have a lsd. That's why it's not listed as a separate option like on the 2500.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• 3500 Code Guide.pdf
    654.8 KB · Views: 128

pr3dict

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay.

Damn.... Rambox delete is now a line item in the guide but it was not added to my order when I placed back in early September. I wonder if thats holding up my order from showing a VIN in the ram tracker....... This process is so frustrating.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Damn.... Rambox delete is now a line item in the guide but it was not added to my order when I placed back in early September. I wonder if thats holding up my order from showing a VIN in the ram tracker....... This process is so frustrating.
Rambox delete has been a line item for a long time now, I've ordered my 2019 Limited with Rambox delete, needed bed space even though I like the idea of Ramboxes, my bro got a rambox on his 1500 longhorn

Tater86

Reaction score
Rambox delete has been a line item for a long time now, I've ordered my 2019 Limited with Rambox delete, needed bed space even though I like the idea of Ramboxes, my bro got a rambox on his 1500 longhorn
The few past revisions of the 2023 guide did not have it listed as a line item and the system was off and on showing it as an option.

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the most recent update.

Attachments

• 3500 Mega.pdf
    120.5 KB · Views: 81

zach@granger

5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Zach. Any info on the A97(level F) replacing the A67(Level 2)? Just wondering what the difference is now. Thanks
I haven't run through it, but in the past it typically is an indication that some type of electrical item was added/omitted because of chip availability.

tripleH

Reaction score
What does M/H mean? It is used throughout the build guide.

tripleH

Reaction score
I might be wrong but I think it means "must have"
Thanks. That's what I guessed, but I couldn't find a definitive answer in the guide. It bothers me when people go through the trouble to make a detailed guide, but the terms aren't defined. A few seconds of effort could save everyone the hassle. Anyway...

jsalbre

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what I guessed, but I couldn't find a definitive answer in the guide. It bothers me when people go through the trouble to make a detailed guide, but the terms aren't defined. A few seconds of effort could save everyone the hassle. Anyway...
There’s no definition as that guide is meant for dealers, not us.

pr3dict

Reaction score
There’s no definition as that guide is meant for dealers, not us.
... It still means something, just not publicly released to us. Unless you are implying that documentation meant for dealers write random letters on purpose and are just nonsense to even the dealers.

jsalbre

Reaction score
... It still means something, just not publicly released to us. Unless you are implying that documentation meant for dealers write random letters on purpose and are just nonsense to even the dealers.
No, I just mean it’s meant for people that work with that same document every day, and probably have been taught (whether or not they retained it) what the various codes mean.

tripleH

Reaction score
No, I just mean it’s meant for people that work with that same document every day, and probably have been taught (whether or not they retained it) what the various codes mean.
This is not the right interpretation of the issue. Needing to teach an employee at a dealership how to read a document is a massive oversight and liability. Teaching the person how to use the document is another matter. What we're talking about is the former.

Memorizing the codes is not the issue at hand nor would the codes need to be further specified in the document. After all, it is specifically a code reference. The lack of a key to define the shorthand jargon is the issue. I called three dealerships today to ask what the abbreviation means and I received three different answers. While talking through the options annotated with M/H, one person told me two codes are incompatible when, actually, they are required to be added at the same time. I'd call that a significant misunderstanding, which is why technical documentation is supposed to be self-referential regarding the embedded terms.

It is not relevant if one is employed at a dealership when reading the document; while the uninitiated reader should not automatically understand the complexities or nuances of configuring a vehicle, which requires domain-specific knowledge, all readers should be able to understand the language and terms. Even if you disagree with the standards for technical documentation, the failure of the definitions to be included is causing misinformation to be spread through dealerships. There are definitions in the footer for the other abbreviated terms that appear on almost every page. An additional minute could have been spent on the document to clarify the confusion, which is, as I said initially, lazy.

From a business perspective, pissing off one customer by failing to define a term is an easy mistake to avoid. After today, I no longer have confidence in dealerships to interpret this document unless they are configuring a truck with a piece of software that provides real-time validation. I still won't buy a Ford, though.

jsalbre

Reaction score
This is not the right interpretation of the issue. Needing to teach an employee at a dealership how to read a document is a massive oversight and liability. Teaching the person how to use the document is another matter. What we're talking about is the former.

Memorizing the codes is not the issue at hand nor would the codes need to be further specified in the document. After all, it is specifically a code reference. The lack of a key to define the shorthand jargon is the issue. I called three dealerships today to ask what the abbreviation means and I received three different answers. While talking through the options annotated with M/H, one person told me two codes are incompatible when, actually, they are required to be added at the same time. I'd call that a significant misunderstanding, which is why technical documentation is supposed to be self-referential regarding the embedded terms.

It is not relevant if one is employed at a dealership when reading the document; while the uninitiated reader should not automatically understand the complexities or nuances of configuring a vehicle, which requires domain-specific knowledge, all readers should be able to understand the language and terms. Even if you disagree with the standards for technical documentation, the failure of the definitions to be included is causing misinformation to be spread through dealerships. There are definitions in the footer for the other abbreviated terms that appear on almost every page. An additional minute could have been spent on the document to clarify the confusion, which is, as I said initially, lazy.

From a business perspective, pissing off one customer by failing to define a term is an easy mistake to avoid. After today, I no longer have confidence in dealerships to interpret this document unless they are configuring a truck with a piece of software that provides real-time validation. I still won't buy a Ford, though.
I don’t disagree specifically with any of your points, but if this document is what’s making you lose confidence in dealerships’ ability to order a vehicle then you’ve it been around here very long. This is the smallest possible issue affecting that process today.

tripleH

Reaction score
I don’t disagree specifically with any of your points, but if this document is what’s making you lose confidence in dealerships’ ability to order a vehicle then you’ve it been around here very long. This is the smallest possible issue affecting that process today.
I'm new to ordering trucks from Dodge. Unfortunately, three out of five of my interactions with dealerships have been negative and the issues have all been related to the configuration because that's the furthest I've been through the process. My hope is the road will be smoother after the truck has been ordered; perhaps that is naive, though.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I'm new to ordering trucks from Dodge. Unfortunately, three out of five of my interactions with dealerships have been negative and the issues have all been related to the configuration because that's the furthest I've been through the process. My hope is the road will be smoother after the truck has been ordered; perhaps that is naive, though.
It's never really been a super simple process, unless you work with one of the handful of dealerships that specializes in custom orders. Unfortunately right now it doesn't get a whole lot better after your order is in. Parts shortages and shipping delays due to lack of available transport means that you don't know when your truck is going to show up or if it will actually show up with all of the features you ordered.

Users who are viewing this thread