Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
I remember when I first got here and I saw all the old timers talking about JB jail and I would think..... When my truck gets built I am not going to be that overdramatic. Now the tables are turned and I am feeling the pain they felt. The closer it gets the more anticipation there is and at the JB point in the game all you can think about is your new ride baking in the sun missing all sorts of rides home. Ugghhhh
agreed! Building is likely the worst torment ive put myself through as an adult. This will be my 5th built rig and it never gets easier. Except generally i am used to a 3-3.5 month turn around MAX. I was actually completely fine this time around right up until i found out it was built and it physically existed..... its been all down hill from there, anxious is an understatement. It takes serious restraint to not continually ask the dealer/BV for updates lol i am pathetic i shall admit it

panzr15

Reaction score
I remember when I first got here and I saw all the old timers talking about JB jail and I would think..... When my truck gets built I am not going to be that overdramatic. Now the tables are turned and I am feeling the pain they felt. The closer it gets the more anticipation there is and at the JB point in the game all you can think about is your new ride baking in the sun missing all sorts of rides home. Ugghhhh
At this point I am getting less concerned about it baking in the sun, and more concerned about the interest rates continuing to go up and my trade value going down. This truck is now going to cost me about $4-6k more than when I put my order in back in March because of Ram's shipping fluster cluck...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Pressure_welder

Reaction score
At this point I am getting less concerned about it baking in the sun, and more concerned about the interest rates continuing to go up and my trade value going down. This truck is now going to cost me about $4-6k more than when I put my order in back in March because of Ram's shipping fluster cluck...

It must be somewhat different in the states than canada. Every truck ive ever ordered includes of course the downpayment but also negociations on trade in value, money down etc and financing is completed and approved before ordering and, monthly payments provided. This number is locked in no matter how long ram takes to build the truck. The ONLY thing that changes this locked number for me at my dealer anyway is if a better ram inscentive program comes out which they would apply, or if i decide to put more down at pickup day. I find it mind boggling they expect you boys to play russian roulette with your monthly payment. As for trade in value the dealer bases it on anticipated truck arrival, atleast mine is. If they misjudge that date or ram takes too long to build they take it up with them

panzr15

Reaction score
It must be somewhat different in the states than canada. Every truck ive ever ordered includes of course the downpayment but also negociations on trade in value, money down etc and financing is completed and approved before ordering and, monthly payments provided. This number is locked in no matter how long ram takes to build the truck. The ONLY thing that changes this locked number for me at my dealer anyway is if a better ram inscentive program comes out which they would apply, or if i decide to put more down at pickup day. I find it mind boggling they expect you boys to play russian roulette with your monthly payment. As for trade in value the dealer bases it on anticipated truck arrival, atleast mine is. If they misjudge that date or ram takes too long to build they take it up with them
I could have locked my interest rate with my bank to some degree, but it still would have been a gamble. They would have pulled my credit initially to lock the rate, but would then re-pull it every 30 days until the truck was on the dealer's lot, which would drop my score every pull. If that repeated pulling dropped my score below a credit tier threshold, I'd still get a higher rate and have my credit score significantly affected for several months to come. I might still be able to argue that they need to honor my trade value, but I'm not holding my breath after seeing the dealer's lot full of used trucks that aren't moving according to my salesman (who's a friend of a friend)

Pearce

Reaction score
I feel for the guys who've been waiting forever on their new trucks. It would have driven me crazy. However it also makes me feel very fortunate that things progressed smoothly. Only downside was not getting some of the features I wanted due to the chip shortage. In time, if I can, I will just add them since the truck is capable of them. However, I'm about to take a towing trip and my 2016 is at the dealer with non functioning air ride, they are not listening to me about my maxcare warranty, still have not started working on it, and I may not have my current Ram or the new Ram to make the trip. Life if funny! And frustrating at times. But the older I get the less I let it concern me lol Still undecided if I'll fly out to MD to get the truck or have it delivered. Would be a great experience to get it from them but...... it's also college football season in the south! :cool:

1663719461285.png

Trwiii

Reaction score
My dealer in from Pa, I email them every month for a update. They send me the snapshot of where I’m at in the build and ship process. That information is direct from that. BVR would probably know what that’s sheet is called.

How did you get that screen that shows "Shippable"? My truck may be in the same situation.

rMoose1776

Reaction score
I ordered a 22 3500 Tradesman (with almost every option) on 11 Aug 2022, and it's been sitting in the "Order Confirmed" state ever since. Judging by the posts I'm seeing in this forum, I'm guessing I may not see my new truck for a while...

View attachment 44546

View attachment 44547
It does seem like they are pumping out trucks more quickly than those of us that have been waiting. The good news is your build isn't stuck behind ours'. I'm at 222 days and counting. Likely now caught up in the ECU recall as my Est. Delivery has been TBD for over a month.

DaMacBrain

Reaction score
My scheduled delivery date is coming up in about a week and still no official "SHIPPED" status. Wondering if it's actually shipped or if I get to see another scheduled delivery date change. My dealer doesn't seem to know where it is. @brv10, any help to see what status it's at would be greatly appreciated. VIN: 3C6TR5EJXNG357181 Thanks so much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.16.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 8.16.45 PM.png
    836.4 KB · Views: 22

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
agreed! Building is likely the worst torment ive put myself through as an adult. This will be my 5th built rig and it never gets easier. Except generally i am used to a 3-3.5 month turn around MAX. I was actually completely fine this time around right up until i found out it was built and it physically existed..... its been all down hill from there, anxious is an understatement. It takes serious restraint to not continually ask the dealer/BV for updates lol i am pathetic i shall admit it
i feel your pain. Dealer told me mine would be a couple weeks to any day now, a month ago. We left Michigan to pick it up in GA. Told them it has to go to South Dekota to be registered by the 25th. I start a new job on the 26th. We live fulltime in a 5th wheel. Nobody can give me a status other than its been released by the plant to ship. Its just sitting there. I have check the RORO schedules and there seem to be 2-3 ships every week leaving ATP headed for the east coast. I think when it got sent back to the factory for hail damage, it fell off a pick list or something. RAM wont even investigate until it been released for 50 days. So here we sit in freakiing south GA.

panzr15

Reaction score
Had to pick up 1k lbs of aluminum extrusions (for the truck bed camper business I'm starting) from the machine shop tonight. Was only 700 lbs over GVWR of my Colorado . Really need my 3/4 ton to arrive...
fb878e59f762324c9b72fa2c4fd7bf6b.jpg

Reaction score
i feel your pain. Dealer told me mine would be a couple weeks to any day now, a month ago. We left Michigan to pick it up in GA. Told them it has to go to South Dekota to be registered by the 25th. I start a new job on the 26th. We live fulltime in a 5th wheel. Nobody can give me a status other than its been released by the plant to ship. Its just sitting there. I have check the RORO schedules and there seem to be 2-3 ships every week leaving ATP headed for the east coast. I think when it got sent back to the factory for hail damage, it fell off a pick list or something. RAM wont even investigate until it been released for 50 days. So here we sit in freakiing south GA.
Where'd you get the info about the "50 days" to investigate? I'm way over that (mine was built July 5th) and it's been sitting in MX for what is now almost 3 months.
How do you go about inititating the investagtion?

Elcorbs

Reaction score
Today is 47 days in JB status. This does get old. Finally got my Travel Trailer out of the shop and now ready for some trips to see this beautiful country of ours. Maybe I will get a Jail Break this week and it get shipped.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
My order went from Midlothian to MD in 2 weeks. I am picking it up this Friday. Port Allen might be a little faster due to proximity and volume going their direction??
Depends on the truck. If it’s a dually it takes longer because the transporters can’t haul but a few per day. Mine sat at Port Allen a month before going to MD

opfire

Reaction score
I have been unsuccessful in trying to get the detailed code,
Ram chat- just shows scheduled
Crypto- shows only ordered
Vin/excel-track sheet shows scheduled.
Anyone have a link to get the build code?
Don’t want to bother Brv10

Lettikka

Reaction score
I feel for the guys who've been waiting forever on their new trucks. It would have driven me crazy. However it also makes me feel very fortunate that things progressed smoothly. Only downside was not getting some of the features I wanted due to the chip shortage. In time, if I can, I will just add them since the truck is capable of them. However, I'm about to take a towing trip and my 2016 is at the dealer with non functioning air ride, they are not listening to me about my maxcare warranty, still have not started working on it, and I may not have my current Ram or the new Ram to make the trip. Life if funny! And frustrating at times. But the older I get the less I let it concern me lol Still undecided if I'll fly out to MD to get the truck or have it delivered. Would be a great experience to get it from them but...... it's also college football season in the south! :cool:

View attachment 44571
I f I had the choice I would fly out and get it. I am in NC and did this to pick up a vehicle in Iowa. Did the trip solo so I could geek out on getting to know the systems. Great trip, pictures and memories. All systems we properly broken in by a nice long highway ride, with intervals on back roads. If I had it to do all over again I think I would have ordered from MD, flown out to pick up and rode home.

jk2119

Reaction score
All you guys waiting and wondering when it’ll be in your hands just be patient. Between JB and shipping it gets aggravating for sure but the end result is worth it.
Just got mine back from ceramic coating and it makes a world of difference. View attachment 44488
Ceramic coating the whole truck or just the underbody? Also where did you get that front bumper from?

jk2119

Reaction score
It does seem like they are pumping out trucks more quickly than those of us that have been waiting. The good news is your build isn't stuck behind ours'. I'm at 222 days and counting. Likely now caught up in the ECU recall as my Est. Delivery has been TBD for over a month.
Mine went to KZLD on 07-27 and has been there ever since. My ETA for arrival has always been "TBD." Order Confirmed" was 05-03, "Scheduled" on It was went into "Production" on 07-19 and says "Built" on 07-26 and "Shipped" on 07-26. Last I was told by Ram Care is on 09-01 it went into recall status for a new ECM. Since then I have no updates available from Ram Care, (when I called last week other than it has been "elevated"), and it still shows "KZLD" for a status. I'm at 141 days as of today.....

Users who are viewing this thread