Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jrs

Reaction score
Pay someone local to buy it for you. I would think that for 3-400 you could get an attorney involved and have them close the deal for you. ?
You can close the deal remotely. Sign PDF on your computer. Then tell them they can leave it on the lot to make it look like they have inventory.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Can someone explain the foam cup holder thing? What am I looking for ? Also with that, the fenderwell piece and anything else missing shouldn't we be able to note that on delivery and get it provided under warranty?

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Can someone explain the foam cup holder thing? What am I looking for ? Also with that, the fenderwell piece and anything else missing shouldn't we be able to note that on delivery and get it provided under warranty?
The foam bottle holders are in the lower front doors in the small pocket.
The rear wheel liners on a dually are in 3 pieces and with most this year the center piece is missing.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Alright, I see the cup holders on Amazon for $21, not worth the effort if they're missing. That fenderwell liner, though, I'll be looking for that tomorrow and will note it. I think RAM should be reimbursing us for that part. If there's one thing I've noted around here, it's that RAMs rust out fenders faster than anything else and that won't help matters! I've got 8 cans of sweet smelling Fluid Film ready to go to work.....

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Alright, I see the cup holders on Amazon for $21, not worth the effort if they're missing. That fenderwell liner, though, I'll be looking for that tomorrow and will note it. I think RAM should be reimbursing us for that part. If there's one thing I've noted around here, it's that RAMs rust out fenders faster than anything else and that won't help matters! I've got 8 cans of sweet smelling Fluid Film ready to go to work.....
The only other thing is the rubber slush mats. I wanted those, didn’t see a option for them during the build process and it showed up with carpet. I found the rubber ones on eBay and ordered a set. If you want them try to get’em while your there

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Definitely. My brother sells Weathertec and he said he didn't like them on a customers RAM, aren't shaped as well to drain out as OEM is so they sent them back and got OEM. I don't personally know for sure, maybe he's just picky....I knock the snow off when I get in and the only vehicle I hose out is the Wrangler...hehehe. I got the OEM RAM mudflaps already, I like the quality of the OEM stuff.

Delivery is supposed to be tomorrow by rollback(will call and confirm later today). Riding my Tenere' 700 110 miles south to my daughter's place tonight to get it (she was in the Kernersville free delivery range of 300 miles when I ordered. It's 250 now but they honored the 300).

kevin588127

Reaction score
Definitely. My brother sells Weathertec and he said he didn't like them on a customers RAM, aren't shaped as well to drain out as OEM is so they sent them back and got OEM. I don't personally know for sure, maybe he's just picky....I knock the snow off when I get in and the only vehicle I hose out is the Wrangler...hehehe. I got the OEM RAM mudflaps already, I like the quality of the OEM stuff.

Delivery is supposed to be tomorrow by rollback(will call and confirm later today). Riding my Tenere' 700 110 miles south to my daughter's place tonight to get it (she was in the Kernersville free delivery range of 300 miles when I ordered. It's 250 now but they honored the 300).
The husky liners are another option. I have them in my 14 tradesman and they fit well. They were cheaper than weather tech and more similar to the oem ones from what I can see. If mine didn't show with oem, I was going to go that route.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

I’m 45 minutes from kernersville

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Sorry for the slightly off topic question…
Does anyone know how long the dealership is liable to hold my ordered truck on the lot? My work situation has me away from home for big chunks of time, and I was promised when I ordered that they would be able to hang onto it till whenever (not in writing).
Now truck has been delivered and dealership is saying they can’t hold it till I am home next, roughly 4 weeks… putting me in a bit of a pickle.

MSRP has gone up about 5k since ordering, so I’d guess they’re trying to push me out of it and sell to someone else at the new sticker.
From reading this Forum, I don't believe there is a written law that says a dealer has to hold a customers vehicle for a certain amount of time. I do know the dealer is invoiced once the unit is shipped. I suspect they have a deadline to pay the invoice before penalties set in.

This game is like most others as no one wants to be liable for additional costs associated with the movement of goods.

Therefore I believe it's up to the dealership as to whether they want to hold a customers unit for an extended amount of time. I believe a good honest dealership would do everything within their power to help the customer as it multiplies their selling power as positive reviews and feedback as well as word of mouth dictates additional customers visiting their lot.

However, given today's economy and the ability for a crooked dealership to take advantage of an unsuspecting customer and sell the unit for well over MSRP, I suspect they will place the burden on the original customer to make good on the purchase as soon as possible once the unit hits the lot.

So! In a nut shell..... did you purchase from an honest dealer or a dishonest dealer?

Scubaz66

Reaction score
Pay someone local to buy it for you. I would think that for 3-400 you could get an attorney involved and have them close the deal for you. ?
LOL I wouldn't trust an attorney. Everything can be done pretty much online these days with the financial institutions as well as the dealerships. Once all the paperwork is accomplished and the truck is in your (Bank's) name the dealer won't be allowed to sell it. Make sure you obtain insurance on it. If the truck gets damaged while on the dealerships lot, let the insurance companies fight it out.

Yes! I know! If you're like me you want to see the vehicle and inspect it prior to purchasing. Make the dealer provide you with plenty of pictures to ensure the unit hasn't been damaged.

I believe this is the lessor of two evils. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON AN ATTORNEY!!!!

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
The husky liners are another option. I have them in my 14 tradesman and they fit well. They were cheaper than weather tech and more similar to the oem ones from what I can see. If mine didn't show with oem, I was going to go that route.
Yeah, I've used them also over the years. All great products. My brother is a Ford guy and the shallow foot well lends itself to having a 'drain' out the side on a floor mat. I suspect the RAMs is deeper and they'll all have the issue. No biggee to me.

Thanks, Leadchunker, for keeping a reticle trained on my truck while it awaited final delivery...;) Better not have any bullet holes in it!

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I don't think we're gonna hit 2000 pages on this thread unless we extend it to 2023MY...

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
Yes it is!

With an actual truck in the garage, it'll be nice to start hanging out on the other threads. But that's tomorrow....still gotta get through today...

Last edited:

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Yes it is!

With an actual truck in the garage, it'll be nice to start hanging out on the other threads. But that's tomorrow....still gotta get through today...
Same here - it should be any day now for me. Dealer told me that someone would be calling after lunch Saturday to finalize all of the paperwork, but the call never came. They were closed on Sunday (state law), so hoping for that phone call today! I'm getting anxious!!!

Bcrouse

Reaction score
From reading this Forum, I don't believe there is a written law that says a dealer has to hold a customers vehicle for a certain amount of time. I do know the dealer is invoiced once the unit is shipped. I suspect they have a deadline to pay the invoice before penalties set in.

This game is like most others as no one wants to be liable for additional costs associated with the movement of goods.

Therefore I believe it's up to the dealership as to whether they want to hold a customers unit for an extended amount of time. I believe a good honest dealership would do everything within their power to help the customer as it multiplies their selling power as positive reviews and feedback as well as word of mouth dictates additional customers visiting their lot.

However, given today's economy and the ability for a crooked dealership to take advantage of an unsuspecting customer and sell the unit for well over MSRP, I suspect they will place the burden on the original customer to make good on the purchase as soon as possible once the unit hits the lot.

So! In a nut shell..... did you purchase from an honest dealer or a dishonest dealer?

There is some rule from Ram (or maybe it was Ford, I looked at too many trucks before I ordered) that said the dealership could not sell a customer ordered truck for a month after it arrived even if the customer declined purchase. Or something like that…..

Users who are viewing this thread