Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

matemike

Reaction score
Same here, truck arrived on the 15th. I keep thinking when I get home from work and get comfortable that I'll have that email waiting for me, but nothing yet. After the tracker showed my truck was delivered to MD, I sent Renae an email to see if it was actually there. She confirmed that it had arrived and it could take up to 7 days for the PDI and final inspection process, then the delivery team would contact me to let me know it had arrived (but she just told me that?), and then I would get in line for the finance team.

From what I have read on this forum is the PDI process usually takes 3-5 days at MD but they have had a lot of trucks show up this month which is probably why it may take a little longer. As much as I am looking forward to my first road trip in the new truck, I'm tied up with work until the end of the month, so the wait is not nearly as bad as it was before it got delivered. I'm still looking for that email so I can have a picture of my truck to look at everyday until I pick it up!
I’m in the same boat. Working with Renae as well.
Mine arrived on 7/14. She said 7 days. Well that’s today and still no word.
I use the Ram app to check my truck’s location and it hasn’t moved a foot since it arrived. Hoping to see it move to start the PDI and inventory process which I would assume that it has to move over to the service/maintenance building at MD which I assume is an indoor spot/under roof. Just driving myself crazy I suppose.

SidneyMafia

Reaction score
I talked to the dispatcher at the transport company a few hours ago. Mine got loaded on the trailer this morning and is now waiting on a driver to make that last 4 hour trip. Everything else has taken a week....so who wants to place bets that this does also?

My ride has been waiting in Denver for 18 days to be delivered 100 miles. I wish you better luck.

AK_Rams

Reaction score
@G'Dave.... When I chatted with Sandy on 10.1, the power fold mirrors were available on a Laramie. Then I went to order the truck on 10.28 and they were not. I chalk that up to the crap show we are now living in. One day something is available, the next it may not be. I've got a number of friends who own businesses and we have all come to that conclusion with supply chain issues. One owns a number of pizza joints. He mentioned last weekend that he never thought it would be so tough to get materials to put together a pizza! It will certainly be interesting to see what happens to options in MY23. Depending on what happens, I've got half a notion to check on one in a few months.
I hope you have the same luck I did. I just picked up from MD on 7/14 at IAH and drove straight to Dallas. We stopped for some food and I went to fold the mirrors in after I parked..... that was when I noticed I had power-fold mirrors on my Laramie!!! I fully expected to not have them, but there they were. I hope you get yours too.

rommel

Reaction score
I talked to the dispatcher at the transport company a few hours ago. Mine got loaded on the trailer this morning and is now waiting on a driver to make that last 4 hour trip. Everything else has taken a week....so who wants to place bets that this does also?

That’s awesome you’re finally getting some movement. My salesman told me they paid for the private transport because they could never get an eta from Mira Loma. I guess before Covid they couldn’t do that. But they shipped my truck and three jeeps for $1200 to SLO. Basically $300 per vehicle. Seems almost too cheap these days. But it’s only about 200 miles.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Same here, truck arrived on the 15th. I keep thinking when I get home from work and get comfortable that I'll have that email waiting for me, but nothing yet. After the tracker showed my truck was delivered to MD, I sent Renae an email to see if it was actually there. She confirmed that it had arrived and it could take up to 7 days for the PDI and final inspection process, then the delivery team would contact me to let me know it had arrived (but she just told me that?), and then I would get in line for the finance team.

From what I have read on this forum is the PDI process usually takes 3-5 days at MD but they have had a lot of trucks show up this month which is probably why it may take a little longer. As much as I am looking forward to my first road trip in the new truck, I'm tied up with work until the end of the month, so the wait is not nearly as bad as it was before it got delivered. I'm still looking for that email so I can have a picture of my truck to look at everyday until I pick it up!
They are backlogged, typical PDI is about an hour or so done properly.

M376X6

Reaction score
My ride has been waiting in Denver for 18 days to be delivered 100 miles. I wish you better luck.
I wish you luck as well. My truck sat at Rolla for just 7 days. I'm back now and will drive down and be there at noon with the check to pick her up. I tried just calling United Auto the carrier company who coordinates trucking and not PRS who manages Rolla and the dealership got a call 2 hours later accusing me of High Crimes and Treason.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Ok mines finished at the body shop and has to have a PDI , Aaron said he was going to expedite it and is the first folder on his desk. I wonder how long it’s going to be to finish up and get it shipped ? I’m afraid I’m gonna have to cancel our plans so I’ll be home to take delivery ..

matemike

Reaction score
I’m in the same boat. Working with Renae as well.
Mine arrived on 7/14. She said 7 days. Well that’s today and still no word.
I use the Ram app to check my truck’s location and it hasn’t moved a foot since it arrived. Hoping to see it move to start the PDI and inventory process which I would assume that it has to move over to the service/maintenance building at MD which I assume is an indoor spot/under roof. Just driving myself crazy I suppose.
Continuing to drive myself crazy, haha.

The vehicle has not moved. But the safety recall for the ESC that always showed up as a red colored open alert has cleared today and gone green. The completed date was 7/19; my truck arrived on the 14th, so that took 5 days. The Ram app has a 3 day delay for showing the update.

So anywho, maybe they got to my truck and are starting the whole inventory process.

What does PDI stand for?

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

The vehicle has not moved. But the safety recall for the ESC that always showed up as a red colored open alert has cleared today and gone green. The completed date was 7/19; my truck arrived on the 14th, so that took 5 days. The Ram app has a 3 day delay for showing the update.

So anywho, maybe they got to my truck and are starting the whole inventory process.

What does PDI stand for?
PreDeliveryInspection

M376X6

Reaction score
I looked at Ram Connect a bit ago and it shows they filled up that 50 gallon tank. That is a major plus. At well over 5 dollars a gallon that had to end up being close to 300 alone. Apparently someone at the dealership
likes the truck, they've put on 21 miles since it got delivered.

In just looking it over Wednesday morning I don't believe the side steps are retractable. Does anyone know if those are offered or if they are standard on Limited trucks?

superjoe83

Reaction score
I looked at Ram Connect a bit ago and it shows they filled up that 50 gallon tank. That is a major plus. At well over 5 dollars a gallon that had to end up being close to 300 alone. Apparently someone at the dealership

In just looking it over Wednesday morning I don't believe the side steps are retractable. Does anyone know if those are offered or if they are standard on Limited trucks?
The limiteds come standard with the retractable side steps, you can force them to stay stowed or deployed if you want through the radio

GreenYota

Reaction score

Power side steps were standard on limited when I ordered mine this year, but there was an option to be deleted.

M376X6

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just walked in and noticed the steps were deployed out and since the truck was sitting with the doors closed I assumed they weren't retractable. I ordered the painted cab only steps so to not interfere
with slide in camper tie down brackets. Obviously lots to learn on this beauty.

bwf1911

Reaction score

What does PDI stand for?
This is what I received this morning from Kippie.
So looks like maybe next week or the week after for me.

It has to go through the shop, PDI process and final inspection. That process can generally take 4-7 days depending on the volume we have. Because we have received so many vehicles in a short period of time it is currently taking 7-10 days.

They are currently processing 07/10-07/11 deliveries.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

bwf1911

Reaction score
This is what I received this morning from Kippie.
So looks like maybe next week or the week after for me.

It has to go through the shop, PDI process and final inspection. That process can generally take 4-7 days depending on the volume we have. Because we have received so many vehicles in a short period of time it is currently taking 7-10 days.

They are currently processing 07/10-07/11 deliveries.

She also said Stellantis has stepped up by bringing in extra transport companies to get them vehicles.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just walked in and noticed the steps were deployed out and since the truck was sitting with the doors closed I assumed they weren't retractable. I ordered the painted cab only steps so to not interfere
I just looked at your window sticker, the painted side steps do not retract

SidneyMafia

Reaction score
What slide in are you going with ?

The Real Glee

Reaction score
Well, 2 days after my 1500 got rear-ended I finally had movement on the 3500! After almost 4 months sitting as confirmed, the dealer just called and I now have a "ship" date of 8/18 (I had to explain to him what that actually meant). Repairs to the 1500 are estimated at 60 days, the race is on to see which is built/rebuilt first. Not to mention the wait for actual shipping time.

At this point I'll take anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread