Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
What website is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh, that's right...you got your truck before the tracker went on line. If you go to: https://www.ramtrucks.com/trackyourorder.html#/landing and put in your last name on the order and VON, it will track your order. Didn't your mom have a 1500 on order? It still isn't perfect, but it put a lot of the RamChat personnel in other jobs

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
A few things I'm eyeing: rebel package, new mirrors (maybe some that actually power fold) and the possibility of being able to get hydro blue. If that rebel package is priced between the BH and larimie, I'd be looking pretty hard at it. Also, I'm sure there will be price increases but taking delivery of a last year model kinda sucks. My biggest issue is that my truck doesn't see much action in the winter, so after Sept, my need is drastically decreased. If I ordered this early in the cycle, maybe it would be delivered in a time frame that I would actually use it.
Hydro blue! I'd love that ol' khaki green myself. It's SO personal a decision! Someone mentioned loan rates which is important if one is financing a large portion of the truck, Fed is looking to raise rates into 2023. And if we hit a recession some parts vendors could go under which has multiple negative effects. As for model year, I keep my vehicles 10-15 years so one model year doesn't really matter to me, especially if they look the same. If I was the kind who traded in every 3-5 years then that might mitigate the extra cost of waiting for a MY23. Another thought is do you NEED it yesterday?! I need mine, my 2015 F250 XL gasser just isn't cutting it with my 10k camper and a load of family and dirt bikes. It was fine when I had a smaller camper but it screams on small hills now. Time for overkill and the option to go to a toy hauler for me. Every situation is different for sure, but the waiting game is one thing that doesn't look to improve unless people start dumping their vehicles and loans...you could potentially help the economy by cancelling your order and adding to the supply...hehehe...

kevin588127

Reaction score
Hydro blue! I'd love that ol' khaki green myself. It's SO personal a decision! Someone mentioned loan rates which is important if one is financing a large portion of the truck, Fed is looking to raise rates into 2023. And if we hit a recession some parts vendors could go under which has multiple negative effects. As for model year, I keep my vehicles 10-15 years so one model year doesn't really matter to me, especially if they look the same. If I was the kind who traded in every 3-5 years then that might mitigate the extra cost of waiting for a MY23. Another thought is do you NEED it yesterday?! I need mine, my 2015 F250 XL gasser just isn't cutting it with my 10k camper and a load of family and dirt bikes. It was fine when I had a smaller camper but it screams on small hills now. Time for overkill and the option to go to a toy hauler for me. Every situation is different for sure, but the waiting game is one thing that doesn't look to improve unless people start dumping their vehicles and loans...you could potentially help the economy by cancelling your order and adding to the supply...hehehe...
I'm about where you are. Have a perfectly good half ton that is getting the job done. Our last scheduled race is Sept 20 and that is likely the last time I'll pull the toy hauler for the year. It is likely that I will take the truck but each passing weekend makes that decision a little tougher. As for the economic considerations, I remember 08 pretty well. You couldn't give 3/4 ton gassers away back then. Not saying that will happen but I do see a bunch of 1-3 year old trucks popping up for sale on the FB groups. High gas prices and a declining economy tend to drive down the prices of toys and luxury items. Who knows, by next summer, inventories could be back to a more normal level.

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score
I had bought mine a year old, and right now my perfectly clean Maryland Super Duty has a lot of interest at my brother's in PA because their 2015s are rusting out (they won't pass their annual inspection). So with only 67000 miles on mine we have interest at greater than what I paid for it. That is surely feuled by the 'no Super Duty orders until next year' thing so for me supply/demand is on my side. So many Ford guys just won't touch anything else! I can sell high now and buy under invoice, a no brainer. Only bummer is I've over-maintained my Ford - changed ALL fluids at 50000. New shocks and brakes. It's a deal in any market, it has been a great truck!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I'm about where you are. Have a perfectly good half ton that is getting the job done. Our last scheduled race is Sept 20 and that is likely the last time I'll pull the toy hauler for the year. It is likely that I will take the truck but each passing weekend makes that decision a little tougher. As for the economic considerations, I remember 08 pretty well. You couldn't give 3/4 ton gassers away back then. Not saying that will happen but I do see a bunch of 1-3 year old trucks popping up for sale on the FB groups. High gas prices and a declining economy tend to drive down the prices of toys and luxury items. Who knows, by next summer, inventories could be back to a more normal level.
Gasser and Diesels could be in the same situation with the Diesels possibly coming out on the short end this time.

99mo

Reaction score
2008-2010 or so was a bad period. I was a young man when the recession king hit back in the late 70's and 80's. If you are too young to remember it, googling it will scare you broke. The rates for autos and homes were absolutely insane. I hope we never see the likes of that one again.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
I don't think inventories will be normal till a few years after that, many other things involved.

Anrkist

Reaction score
I have the same issue! Both UP and Norfolk say 1 thing...that location is not what our good source says. I trust our good source 100% and that train number not as much!
Same NS tracking says it was dropped in alabama like 2 months ago, who knows?

SaylessRam

Reaction score
you may have been in the back of the lot that had the 21k trucks that was backlogged and full, we seen recently a whole batch of may builds get shipped/out of mexico. so now they have caught up with april and march would seem.
I've got a feeling this was the case, it's just crazy how many times my timelines shifted. A bit ridiculous honestly to have a truck sit for months with no movement while newer orders moved along like normal.

Someone else may can tell you exactly but I don’t think you can order a 23 till maybe October or November…. I’m not for sure on that but I have see it mentioned ..
I've heard multiple things from multiple sources, and that information changes daily. Orders were/are supposed to open August/September, per prior years and such. Production (as said in other comments) will begin later for certain.

I'm kind of in the same boat but I ordered from MD. I'll likely be 8 months by the time the truck is delivered. If that is the case, I'll look at the 23s. The value on my current truck is down, at least locally. Cost to ship or for me to fly down has doubled or tripled since the time I ordered. Cost on 23s and incentives on the MY22 is going to play a big part in whether I take this truck or not. If you ordered in December, you missed 2 of the price increases that happended in january. I know I started pricing them out in early December and by the time I pulled the trigger Jan 20 the price had increased on my build by 2500.
I sold my last Ram back in December with the mindset "The market is high, my new truck will be here in 2-3 months, I can wait" and I should've held it longer. I have seen two of the price increases and thankfully my dealer is honoring the price, but with some of the potential features for the 23 model, it seems smarter to wait it out. In addition to features, there's cons with the 22. The value has decreased any chance they upgrade parts on a new year, any dealer can tell you that. I'll also being taking delivery of a year-old truck at the rate I'm going, which is only going to continue to depreciate.

Production on MY2023 starts the first week of October. You could be looking at December or January at the earliest for it, or august for your MY2022. YouR decision, but you’re already 8 months in the wait, what’s 30 more days vs. 5 months at best…IMHO…FWIW
Production starts then, I'm merely talking about orders opening sooner. May as well wait another 5 months, it's already been 8 that I've waited, and if the truck is damaged like the dealer claims, one more reason not to want it, including the depreciation comments above. Ordering back in December '21 made sense because of the savings and such, but at this rate any money saved has been spent purchasing a daily driver as I had to wait longer than expected for my current truck.

Call it "cold feet" I suppose, I just can't imagine spending $80k on a year old truck when I can shuffle around an extra few thousand and order a 23... digital dash, revised mirrors, and anything more to come. Plus, UConnect 5 may get worked out some more with the 23 model year. I see all of the issues posted on these forums with the 22s because of all the changes in production, chips, etc. that I'm not sure I need to spend this much money for a truck that may or may not be riddled with issues.

2500Ram

Reaction score
That seems to be a popular sort of timeline. Once the build gets scheduled it moves quickly through the construction process then a long pause for delivery. With loan rates going up it is an interesting game. I have been trying to find a way to secure financing now and even start paying on the loan if I have to. Rates when I ordered were about 3.5%, now I am being quoted at 4.3% and the bankers are telling me the rate is likely to increase each month for the next couple. Most of the banks can lock the rate for 60 days, one says they typically lock for 60 but may be able to lock for 90. Essentially unless I find a way to get the loan started now my cost for the truck is rising each month. One idea was that if I can get the dealership to accept 1/2 of the cost of the truck now it would lock my rate and I could get the loan started. With all of the reports of damage at delivery this seems dangerous to me to give the dealership $50k for the truck and remove my ability to walk away if the truck is missing some options or arrives damaged. Anyone have any thoughts on how to get locked into a loan early (now) without giving up the ability to effectively deal with issues at the time of delivery?
I think you might be over thinking rates. At the end its sorta peanuts even if they increase 2% between now and when you get the vehicle. It won't go up that much. Plus you can always refi and rates ease in 2-3 years. I would just hang tight and finance at the closing table - refi afterward if needed.

M376X6

Reaction score
2008-2010 or so was a bad period. I was a young man when the recession king hit back in the late 70's and 80's. If you are too young to remember it, googling it will scare you broke. The rates for autos and homes were absolutely insane. I hope we never see the likes of that one again.
I remember I had just gotten out of the Navy and went to work for Kodak. We bought a nice bi level and we had to use an adjustable rate mortgage. The best rate we could find anywhere started at just over 16% at 16.38%. Jimmy Carter is indeed a wonderful human being but perhaps not he best in the oval office. 7.5% percent is not great but it doesn't panic me.

matemike

Reaction score
I asked my (1st) dealer how can i see what a mega cab looks like, he pulled one up, that was cool. i said how can i see a bench seat, he said its not normal, then a few minutes later said something about them being standard in power wagons, so i was able to see what it looked like and decided to keep it. the center console doesnt make a lot of sense to me. (my uncle has a 4th gen 1500 with center console, i said, i would rather have the open space, expecially since the seat back and seat bottom are storage locations.
And there is still some console space if you put the middle down, still more than my 2015 F250 work trucks! Son-in-law has the buckets, his console is 12 pack capable....I'd lose so much in there...hehehehe....
Center seats are preferred for me too. But I got the console because I rode around in my buddies 6 seater and his kids jackets and back packs and other kid junk covered up the rear ac vents which are on the floor. He even said those vents will always get blocked by whatever is back there. I have kids too, and I also always throw my work bag as well as my float coat (PFD) in the back seat. The center console interior puts the rear ac vents about a foot up off the back floor. Just under the console lid. Much more air flow and less chance to get blocked by stuff on the floor. ‍

Last edited:

TroyMcClure

Reaction score
Woooo I am now JB, build sheet available, I have a built truck! Only took 6 months to get to JB

Looking forward to the next stressful phase of shipping :)

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

I ask my sales person every Thursday for an update, this is my log
BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22
BG - 3/3/22
BG - 3/10/22
BG - 3/18/22
BG - 3/24/22
BG - 3/31/22
BG - 4/7/22
BG - 4/14/22
BX - 4/21/22
BG - 4/28/22
D - 5/5/22
D - 5/12/22
D - 5/19/22
D1 - 5/24/22
D1 - 5/26/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/2/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/9/22 (Estimated Ship 6/30)
D1 - 6/16/22 (Estimated Ship 7/1)
D1 - 6/24/22 (Estimated Ship 7/1)
D1 - 7/8/22 (Estimated Ship 7/22)
D1 - 7/14/22 (Estimated Ship 7/22)
JB - 7/21/22 (Estimated Ship 7/22)

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Woooo I am now JB, build sheet available, I have a built truck! Only took 6 months to get to JB

Looking forward to the next stressful phase of shipping :)

--CANADA BUILD WEEKLY UPDATE--
Ram 3500 4x4 SRW MC Limited NE - Cummins HO - Air Suspension - Level 1 Group

I ask my sales person every Thursday for an update, this is my log
BA - 12/20/21 (Initial Order Date)
BG - 1/4/22
BX - 1/13/22
BX - 1/20/22
BG - 1/27/22
BG - 2/3/22
BG - 2/10/22
BG - 2/17/22
BG - 2/26/22