Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

pacnw1963

Reaction score
I just looked on CTS’s website. They don’t list the 2022’s yet. When I said I have a 2021, 3500 Cummins ( no HO option ) it says, “ We couldn't find any attributes matching your vehicle.”
So does the CTS3 work on a 2022 HO Cummins?

Honestly, the Edge website and their updates to the site are less than to be desired. I had an opportunity to buy the CTS3 from a friend that he didn't need anymore, and got a great deal. When I went to other sites selling it, they listed it as being compatible with the 2022's. I called Edge and spoke to a representative who informed me that it would work on the 2022MY Rams, so I pulled the trigger and bought it. It is pulling the information from the ECM (via the OBD-II connector), and I don't think there was any change on that from the 21's to the 22's. The CTS3 is actually compatible all the way back to 1998. I plugged the one I got in to my 2006 just to make sure it worked, and it read everything...for what its worth :D

Last edited:

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Maybe someone in here knows the answer. I got the 5th wheel prep package so I have the cutouts in the bed but do you not get the covers with the package? Or did my dealership short me on those?
You get the covers too

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
Honestly, the Edge website and their updates to the site are less than to be desired. I had an opportunity to buy the CTS3 from a friend that he didn't need anymore, and got a great deal. When I went to other sites selling it, they listed it as being compatible with the 2022's. I called Edge and spoke to a representative who informed me that it would work on the 2022MY Rams, so I pulled the trigger and bought it. It is pulling the information from the ECM (via the OBD-II connector), and I don't think there was any change on that from the 21's to the 22's. The CTS3 is actually compatible all the way back to 1998. I plugged the one I got in to my 2006 just to make sure it worked, and it read everything...for what its worth :D
You might as well get a Banks Pedal Monster… The bumper I bought was the legend series. If you buy a phone holder get the double Bulletpoint, I should have bought that instead of the single

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Just some SA to add to the saga of trying to figure out the process behind why some trucks ship within a few days of being built while others get parked along side 20,000 or so other trucks waiting to be delivered. I'm not a conspiracy theory guy and I don't believe in coincidence but I thought this change in information on my RAM tracker page was alittle odd.

I contacted MD yesterday because during the production phase of my truck build there was an estimated delivery date of 2022-6-23 (as many on this forum have noticed this date gets replaced with TBD once the truck is built). Since yesterday was the 23rd of June, I asked if my truck was on it's way to the dealership or scheduled for delivery. This is the response I got.

//Good afternoon. Your truck is completed however it is still sitting at the factory in Saltillo, Mexico waiting for a spot on the train to be available so they can get it transported to us. I have seen trucks stay in a delay status for just a few days, a few weeks or in some cases a few months. I really wish I could tell you exactly when it will get on the train.//

Later in the day before I shut down my computer I thought I would check the RAM tracker one more time and noticed that 2 fields had changed when you go into the 'inspect function. I took a screen shot and put it below, the arrival date in section 2 changed from "2022-6-23" to "TBD" and current status changed from "Y" to "N".

Probably doesn't mean anything but thought it was interesting that it changed after I contacted MD for an update. I think this date in section 2 is just an estimated date that is used once all the parts are available for the truck to enter the production process, kind of like a backstop to make sure it gets into production. The date probably has more to do with when the truck moves from one phase or to an outside vendor. Some one on this forum may have an explanation and whether it means anything or not, just wanted to add some information to the collective database that may help with the patience one must have during the truck ordering process.

View attachment 40132
The Y and N where you are pointing is the current status and message displayed at the top of the bar graph. the "3" is now the current status Y.
I’m not sure what gets put on at the vendors. I do know the bed liner, bed steps, hitch, side steps….beyond that who knows. Looking at his, maybe it’s the side step. But I do know I want to break free from the gravitational pull of this black hole and get in line to ship. 37 days and counting is not funny anymore…:oops:
He had the bed utility group that includes the bed step, i'm amazed at the challenge/progress you are experiencing.
I ordered on 5/7/2022. First time ordering a new truck. I bought My current 2011 f150 off the lot in early 2012 and have been ok with it but I am excited to drive a Ram.
I will try to attach my configuration Preview.
View attachment 40182
Nice i Ordered on 5/6 big horn, but we're twinning
Sundays land of FB morons …
I ordered my truck in April and it’s not here yet
My dealer told me I’d have my truck in no more then 6 weeks
Daddy’s money said he’s pissed, no deletes for a 2022, 37” tires rub at stock height with 24x14 wheels, this HO with the Aisin shifts terrible, and somehow while I was snap chatting I put Def in my diesel tank…
Cheers to everyone and remember tomorrow is Monday….
I'm so curious to join that group and watch from the corner ;-)
This whole ordeal taking so long keeps making me spend money on the truck before I even see it. So far we have back seat car seat protector mats, bed mat, and Amp Research steps (anyone want to buy cab length polished factory steps?).
Yep, the list grows and everyday ;-). ODB2, LED bulbs to try, black lug nuts at the recommendation of another forum member, DEF ;-), the 2.5" hitch pin recommended,
I want the Ranchhand Front bumper with 16.5K WARN winch like I had on my 2006 (well, it had a 12K WARN), but the cost together with installation and taxes is just under $4700. The wife put the ix-nea on that one for now, said we could do it after our 6,000 mile / 14 state trip in September. That of course is if I ever get out of the dreaded JB (40 days and counting) and get out of Mexico. I may not have a trip in September at this rate...
I also have been eyeing that bumper, its a hefty price, but for the ROI of life and truck and being a partial farm use I'm REALLY considering it.

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
The Y and N where you are pointing is the current status and message displayed at the top of the bar graph. the "3" is now the current status Y.

He had the bed utility group that includes the bed step, i'm amazed at the challenge/progress you are experiencing.

Yep, the list grows and everyday ;-). ODB2, LED bulbs to try, black lug nuts at the recommendation of another forum member, DEF ;-), the 2.5" hitch pin recommended,

I also have been eyeing that bumper, its a hefty price, but for the ROI of life and truck and being a partial farm use I'm REALLY considering it.
I bought my bumper a few months ago. The place we order from for the shop only had 2 in the system so I went ahead and had them send it. Things are getting hard to get so I started getting stuff the day after truck order. After smacking a deer in the Power Wagon a few weeks ago I went to order a Ranch Hand grill guard, the price had went up and they were on back order.

Stacie S.

Reaction score
Hubby and I took better pictures when we went to pick it up on Saturday. It just fits in the garage (after moving some support bars up a couple notches and moving a hinge that stuck out like 2 inches because they would have hit the front bumper...garage door was not compromised and is still supported and works fine). My husband is very, very happy. Buying experience was awesome. The price had increased from what the window sticker said, but they honored the window sticker and even took some more off of the price, I guess because we are returning customers with that dealership and salesman.

Attachments

• 20220625_132411.jpg
    20220625_132411.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 20220625_132423.jpg
    20220625_132423.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220625_132508.jpg
    20220625_132508.jpg
    354.1 KB · Views: 62

Elcorbs

Reaction score
Hubby and I took better pictures when we went to pick it up on Saturday. It just fits in the garage (after moving some support bars up a couple notches and moving a hinge that stuck out like 2 inches because they would have hit the front bumper...garage door was not compromised and is still supported and works fine). My husband is very, very happy. Buying experience was awesome. The price had increased from what the window sticker said, but they honored the window sticker and even took some more off of the price, I guess because we are returning customers with that dealership and salesman.
That is a beauty!

Aero_Dave

Reaction score
So here is my ordering time-line:

Ordered - 2/9
Vin - 2/10
D1 - 4/26
Production - 5/30
Built - 5/31
Shipped - 6/2
Temple Tx - 6/6
Emporia KS - 6/12
Buffalo IL - 6/16
Mechanicville NY - 6/24
Ayer Ma - 6/27
Now 1-4 days for truck transport to Dealer in Natick Ma.

Loaded 22 Longhorn Limited, Patriot Blue, 3500 Dually, HO longbed.
Good Luck to Everyone still waiting fro yours. The end is almost near!

Dave...

pacnw1963

Reaction score

The one I had on my 2006 was awesome. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I used to tell my wife when people would pull out in front of me and make me slam on the brakes, “Do these people realize I could knock them to Mars with this thing?”

And I can’t do without a winch, I’ve used one too much, from getting unstuck, pulling others out, to pulling stumps…a definite necessity!

Leadchuncker

Reaction score
The one I had on my 2006 was awesome. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I used to tell my wife when people would pull out in front of me and make me slam on the brakes, “Do these people realize I could knock them to Mars with this thing?”

And I can’t do without a winch, I’ve used one too much, from getting unstuck, pulling others out, to pulling stumps…a definite necessity!
Think at some point I may just build a HD cradle for a big winch, wire both ends of the truck and gooseneck so it can be used anywhere.

choprzrul

Reaction score

Leadchuncker

Reaction score

Big_richie

Reaction score
Just got an email from my salesman. My truck is passing through New Mexico now heading to California. Took about two weeks to get where it is as it shipped on 6/15. Current ramp ETA in Mira Loma, CA is still 6/30 and ram tracker updated from 7/18 ETA to 7/15 ETA.
I think our trucks may be on the same train, where is your final delivery location

Ktm2smoker

Reaction score

Taking a risk buying that DEF.....ya know it's only good for a year or so....

Users who are viewing this thread