Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

matemike

Reaction score
Let me know if you find someone, I'd like to speak with them as well. I keep seeing posts in some of the 5th Gen Facebook groups about tucks being ordered and delivered in a fraction of the time. We're definitely being skipped on the shipping end and I don't understand why.
Oh we definitely are!
And I get it. Shipping delays, parts shortages, silicon chips unavailable, people and workers shortages. Crisis at the border. War in Ukraine. Wake of Covid. Fuel prices. We are in the golden age of blaming delays on literally anything. Anything.

But riddle me this: Why are other trucks, whether ordered before or after mine but for sure built after mine getting shipped? I know mine is built. It has even been invoiced to the dealer is what I was told. But it has not shipped. Other trucks are shipping to the exact same place that mine is supposed to go. Personal orders like mine, not dealer or stock inventory trucks. And these ordered trucks are shipping in a timely manner I will say. But mine is not shipping at all? What did my truck do to deserve this treatment?

SaylessRam

Reaction score
Oh we definitely are!
And I get it. Shipping delays, parts shortages, silicon chips unavailable, people and workers shortages. Crisis at the border. War in Ukraine. Wake of Covid. Fuel prices. We are in the golden age of blaming delays on literally anything. Anything.

But riddle me this: Why are other trucks, whether ordered before or after mine but for sure built after mine getting shipped? I know mine is built. It has even been invoiced to the dealer is what I was told. But it has not shipped. Other trucks are shipping to the exact same place that mine is supposed to go. Personal orders like mine, not dealer or stock inventory trucks. And these ordered trucks are shipping in a timely manner I will say. But mine is not shipping at all? What did my truck do to deserve this treatment?
That's exactly how I feel, even looking at the current spreadsheet. I continue to look at build dates, window sticker dates, etc. in correspondence to delivery dates and none of it makes sense. I understand build dates being random, sure it's odd, but no big deal. But the fact they're just blatantly shipping some trucks days after building, whereas trucks like ours are going on 2 months of nothing? I find that extremely odd. Unless we're both sitting and waiting on parts after they claim our trucks are built, I'm at a loss.

Extremely frustrated... I just want my truck.

EDIT:
Reached out to RamChat (mid frustration), and received the below. I was really hoping to speak with someone via phone about the situation, but I'll take whatever I can get at this point. I'm not proud of how upset I am, but I feel like I deserve to at least know why myself and many others are getting skipped in favor of newer builds. Now we'll see if I receive an email next week.
1651851782626.png

Last edited:

BubbaWilkins

Reaction score
Oh we definitely are!

Because it got parked in the back of the lot and they have to ship all those other cars in front of it to unbury it.

hunterjoe

Reaction score
Because it got parked in the back of the lot and they have to ship all those other cars in front of it to unbury it.
That's unfortunate if true. They should park the lot the other way around. I'm on the other end of the spectrum and I feel very guilty. Now, I'm happy that my truck is being shipped, but at the same time there are people who need theirs a lot worse than I do.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
Tried to build a 3500 Bighorn with the HO Cummins today for a friend using the online configurator on Rams website. Anyone know why when we select the either Level C equipment group or the premium lighting group, the system kicks out the Cummins engine and forces us back into a Hemi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

223500DRW

Reaction score
Alright guys truck is at dealer here's the shipping damage just front bumper dings.would u accept it
Resized_20220506_113314.jpegResized_20220506_113317.jpegResized_20220506_113322.jpegResized_20220506_113400.jpgResized_20220506_113406.jpgResized_20220506_113412.jpgResized_20220506_113420.jpg

pacnw1963

Reaction score
Are they going to replace the bumper? By the looks of the damage, it doesn’t look like there was not enough intrusion to cause any below surface damage, including the intercooler. I’d except if no below surface damage and they are going to make it right!

Last edited:

223500DRW

Reaction score
Are they going to replace the bumper? By the looks of the damage, it doesn’t look like there was enough intrusion to cause any below surface damage, including the intercooler. I’d except if no below surface damage and they are going to make it right!
yes new bumper he sent it to the body shop to get ram to replace it. also I could take the truck with a I owe u front bumper. figured I'd let the body shop say what it needs. no discount on vehicle due to damage he said if I don't take it he will sell it to someone else which I know someone will buy it if I don't. checks in hand on a flight home from military workups and hope to have truck by next week. have to wait on body shop and parts hopefully in stock. just want opinions on if I should buy it or not. wife saw the truck that's the only damage and sent me those pics. can't wait to be driving a new truck.

Illymost

Reaction score
If I have received the EL, does that mean my truck is complete? Or would it still need to go for vendor installed products? Just trying to figure out why I’m JS now.

amauri

Reaction score
Ordered my 3500 CCLB 6.7 Laramie on 2/14, got the VIN and VON a couple days later, but as of today still no window sticker posted.
Is that normal or does it mean I'm in for a really long wait?

gator6

Reaction score

Oh they made that sound far worse than it is! Slap a new bumper on it and it’s good to go! It’s chrome so there’s no paint to match, and they probably have one on the lot.

gator6

Reaction score
Still goes to vendor

Your truck will be complete when the Window Sticker is published. It could still end up stuck in JS after that too. My truck went into JS the day before the sticker populated, but remained there for 17 days before shipping. [mention]matemike [/mention] and I were built the same day, but for some reason mine shipped before his.

desertskier

Reaction score

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
Well new info from Sandi, truck was unloaded at port Allen on 3rd “Last I heard it was unloaded on 18 of April”. Says it will be up to 2 weeks before delivery to MD. Thought I was farther along than this but, is what it is. Ordered 12/16/21. Please hurry

Users who are viewing this thread