Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ordering?

cobradvm

Reaction score
Just as point of info, here's my timeline for my 2020 Ram 2500.
January 7th 2020 – Signed order forms, and paid $1000 deposit.
January 10th 2020 – Received VIN and VON. Contacted Chat and found out that the truck is in the scheduling stage or D1 stage
January 29th 2020 – in Paint - stage F
February 3rd 2020 - In Trim - stage G
February 5th 2020 - In Built Not Ok'd - stage I
February 8th 2020 - Shipped to Storage - stage JS
February 14th 2020 - In shipping - estimated arrival at dealership 2/27/2020 to 3/12/2020
March 6th 202 - Arrived at dealership

Last edited:

litzdog911

Reaction score
Just heard from my dealer that my 2020 RAM2500 Limited is built but stuck at the factory pending the fix for this recall:

No estimate on how long this might take. Crap. :(

MikeXM

Reaction score
I just found out (from a confidential source) that XG9 (Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring) option is planned for ordering on new trucks to begin in February and the cost will be $365. Not yet sure if this includes wheel sensors or not.

We are in February... Anyone can confirm if this was indeed true? Is XG9 finally orderable?

I'm going to see my rep tomorrow. I want to be as up-to-date as possible on that matter.

mlink

Reaction score
Not up on build site yet. Probably won't be until later in the month - but I'm checking every AM just to be sure.

Also, I think it will be on the dealers order system before the build site. Even now, XFQ (Trailer Camera Wiring) is available on dealers ordering system and even on the window sticker of many trucks on lots across country - but it's not listed anywhere to pick on the build site.

My dealer wants to submit my order, so he said that they would check every couple days but who knows...

traildude

Reaction score
I did Ram chat today as I have done the past two weeks, both times I was able to attain my status code. Last Sunday I was informed it was in JS status (assemble complete, shipped to storage). Best info I could find was that it was done for additional quality control (hopefully), or if something happened that needs repaired, or if a production issue was discovered and they want to check trucks that were possibly affected.

So today what I hear sounds like it is still in JS status but was told they cannot bring up status codes which I find interesting. My 2020 Laramie 2500 was ordered with the Hemi so it should not have anything to do with the diesel transmission issue. Anyway, please find below the first reply then the reply I received after I requested the status code. Original eta for shipping was 2/3/20.

Congratulations on your new vehicle!
I am showing that at this time, your order is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Your vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

I cannot view status codes, I can only see your order is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Your vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

Last edited:

bearcat

Reaction score
  • Placed order on Jan 13th
  • Vin on Jan 17th
  • D1 status Feb 3rd
  • KZ Feb 7th
  • Dealer said it waiting to be put on a boat to RI then shipped cross country to ID ?
  • Eta to dealer Feb 20 to Mar 7th
  • 2500 Mega cab with 6.7
  • Waiting for window sticker to hit the web site

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I'm Still waiting for mine to be delivered to dealer. It seems like infinity for it to arrive..

Ordered 12-9-2019... Got VIN 12-17-2019.... F Status, Paint 12-21-2019 to 01-07-2020.... JB Status 1-7-2020.... Got Build Sheet 1-8-2020.... KZ Status 1-9-2020.... Got Window Sticker 1-11-2020.... Arrived Rail Yard in Birmingham, AL 1-29.20... Unloaded off Rail 1-31-20... Estimated Delivery Date per Dealer 2-17-20, So they say now as they keep changing the dates around... LOL

See Updates in Signature Below whenever there is a status change.

Last edited:

bearcat

Reaction score
How did you get the status after it left the assembly plant .My dealer told me he won't be able to get any more updates?

Jugular

Reaction score
I did Ram chat today as I have done the past two weeks, both times I was able to attain my status code. Last Sunday I was informed it was in JS status (assemble complete, shipped to storage). Best info I could find was that it was done for additional quality control (hopefully), or if something happened that needs repaired, or if a production issue was discovered and they want to check trucks that were possibly affected.

So today what I hear sounds like it is still in JS status but was told they cannot bring up status codes which I find interesting. My 2020 Laramie 2500 was ordered with the Hemi so it should not have anything to do with the diesel transmission issue. Anyway, please find below the first reply then the reply I received after I requested the status code. Original eta for shipping was 2/3/20.

Congratulations on your new vehicle!
I am showing that at this time, your order is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Your vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

I cannot view status codes, I can only see your order is in the stage prior to being released by the plant. Your vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.
I think we are at about the same stage. I was told the same thing about a week ago...I'm hoping that it is just being held for shipping (until they have enough for the rail car). Mine will be headed to Idaho for me to pick up at Dennis Dillon

PRS

Reaction score
Ordered a 3500 HO Longhorn Dually 1/9. Got the build sheet yesterday. Dealer called today to say it's shipped. Got the window sticker tonight. 2-3 weeks delivery. Can't wait!

bearcat

Reaction score
I hope the tranny recall doesn't cause any delays .......My salesman at Dennis Dillon said they can't delivery a truck without the recall fixed

traildude

Reaction score
I think we are at about the same stage. I was told the same thing about a week ago...I'm hoping that it is just being held for shipping (until they have enough for the rail car). Mine will be headed to Idaho for me to pick up at Dennis Dillon

I think mine heads to New Orleans before heading north to Detroit... 160 miles southeast for my home before it’s final trip to Cheboygan 160 miles northeast of my home. If Ram hadn’t started to sell so many trucks it could have been built in Detroit where the half tons are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1FastHemi

Reaction score

traildude

Reaction score
A week later truck is still in JS (assemble completed, shipped to storage). 2500 Laramie 4x4 w/air suspension
Ordered on 1/9, had D status w/Vin the next day, had an estimated ship date of 2/3 which was on track until it got shipped to storage. Anxiously wondering the cause of this delay...

RB18C

Reaction score
A week later truck is still in JS (assemble completed, shipped to storage). 2500 Laramie 4x4 w/air suspension
Ordered on 1/9, had D status w/Vin the next day, had an estimated ship date of 2/3 which was on track until it got shipped to storage. Anxiously wondering the cause of this delay...
Could be the recall going on.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
I ordered a 2020 Ram Laramie 2500 Hemi 4x4 on 01/16/2020 and the Build Sheet is online this morning, 02/10/2020. I have no idea how long it takes to inspect and ship but I assume it's built. At least I hope so.

Edit: 02/10/2020: RAM chat says it is built and "pending quality inspections" but they cannot access the "codes".

Edit: 02/13/2020/10:00 AM: Dealer just texted that "it is on the train".....Estimated delivery date 02/24/2020. Still no window Sticker online.

Edit 02/13/2020/3.30 PM: Window Sticker just showed up online.

Last edited:

mlink

Reaction score
Good News... I just ordered my 2020 RAM 3500 Limited Crew Cab LB DRW at the dealer this AM because the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System (XG9) was actually on the dealer's build site for ordering!!!
Neither the XFQ (Aux Camera Wiring) or XG9 (above) options are on the web builder - but they are available to order at the dealer! Finally...

Thanks to 1FastHemi for discovering this yesterday and posting his build sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread