Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

rockman88

Reaction score
You go away from this forum and the unread messages really pile up!

Update: Really love the 3500.

One issue I have I’m hoping you all can help quick without violating forum rules. I recall reading about piped in artificial noise in the cab on Limited somewhere here but can’t find it.

When truck first starts, and is cold (I’m in the North, Ohio) I hear this loud bass/baritone sound. It is weird and annoying. All I have to do to get rid of it is open a window or few. It goes away.

If we all think this is indeed a noise counterbalance/cancellation feature, any advice on how to turn it off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score

One issue I have I’m hoping you all can help quick without violating forum rules. I recall reading about piped in artificial noise in the cab on Limited somewhere here but can’t find it.

When truck first starts, and is cold (I’m in the North, Ohio) I hear this loud bass/baritone sound. It is weird and annoying. All I have to do to get rid of it is open a window or few. It goes away.

If we all think this is indeed a noise counterbalance/cancellation feature, any advice on how to turn it off?

This forum is great for information, but I just get tired of checking it all the time. I don’t know how some of you have lasted 5+ months waiting for a vic. I’m glad I have retirement and a VA claim to have kept me occupied these last past couple of months.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Special times for everyone!
I agree, these are special times.
I think this is my 4th special order. 2 Rams, 1 Jeep and a BMW.
I was told it would be about 5 months going into it and that’s the longest I’ve ever had to wait. But I did it knowingly.
Zero sacrifices when you special order except Ram being beyond stupid with the horn beeping and the very poor communication with their customers. BUT, I’m getting the awesome truck with everything I want. I’ll have the truck for some years and be happy for the life I have it and then WILL special order my next one. Plus as a bonus when you special order you can get the best deal.
Yeah, the wait sucks but good things come to those that wait. Like this forum! Like the smile I’ll have when the truck finally gets here.
I’m a yes to special orders.

BMax94

Reaction score
Well my PW is definitely on hold with the freight carrier at the Portland rail ramp(Barnes). Even one scheduled load was cancelled, while the current load is past due. The dealer has received other trucks and jeeps at this point with some also in transit. Just confusing and irritating. If there is damage, I may cry.

View attachment 29460
I’m assuming you got the freight carrier info from your dealer?

WI-RAM

Reaction score
Received a good trade in offer on my 21 .(more then I paid for it] .. how long are new orders taking now.. was told 12 to 14 weeks..Does that sound right?
I was quoted 12-16 weeks, looks like it will be 20-21 if the dealer ETA holds true.

ACEd

Reaction score

Sounds like something is wrong - my understanding is Laramie and above have this feature and I dont have any sound problem 30F startup. Surely others would have complained if loud bass was common.

rockman88

Reaction score
Sounds like something is wrong - my understanding is Laramie and above have this feature and I dont have any sound problem 30F startup. Surely others would have complained if loud bass was common.

Also goes away when the truck is good and warmed up, if that helps?

WI-RAM

Reaction score
I was given 8-12. ETA is at 1/11 to 1/24. the 24th is like 12.5 weeks
That’s pretty quick. Hope it comes in that timeframe. Once I was informed the truck was released from the factory (12/11) I checked with ram chat and dealer for ETA which neither could provide. I waited a couple weeks and asked dealer again and was told it was on its 2nd train headed north, should land mid-January. Just last night I contacted ram chat and they confirmed dealer ETA of 1/6-1/17. I’m guessing it’s getting pretty close if both the dealer and ram chat are giving me dates that are similar.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
It does it whenever the key fob isn't in the vehicle and the engine is running. According to @Jimmy07 (insider) there isn't anyway you can turn it off....it can't even be turned off with Alpha OBD. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to Ram/Stelantis and Ram will come out with something to turn it off by the customer. It really is a pain in the Axx.
That and the auto locking brake are the absolutely stupidest things in any vehicle by any manufacturer I have ever seen. They can’t say it’s a safety thing because people will want to leave the fob in the car while running to avoid the horn and then some ass is gonna steal it. Or their 10 year old kid will and run over the parent while fueling up. IT’S a diesel, people run them and leave them idling while hooking up or de coupling them or loading them up while it’s warming up before going off to work at 5am. Safety my ass. Neighbor getting awakened is gonna shoot you.
COME ON STELLANTIS! No human can be that stupid! Fire the dip**** engineer that came up with that. May he never breed!
Sorry about the rant. I have a hard time dealing with stupid sometimes.
Someone said they’ll make a way to disconnect it after enough people complain.
their email system sucks, good luck in complaining. But we should all try to send them an email.

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
Not sure that’s the right play. Pricing will definitely go up with model year 2023 trucks. A lot of supplier contract pricing just increased as of Jan 1 and the 22s are lucky enough not to reflect it…yet. You can pretty much bank on upcoming price increases.
You could have fooled me. The window sticker increased in price from what the price was when I ordered it in September.

Bigkeeper

Reaction score
Well well, I just got an email from Ram. I've been told my truck would be delivered in october, then november for sure, then by christmas for sure, then january 4th, then january 10th, and now january 21st. That would be a little over 8 MONTHS. I think I'm done with it. Ram, you just lost a customer.
That totally sucks!

Stevo1506

Reaction score
Is it taboo to ask to see Price Ordering Confirmations (POC)? I saw someone posted one early DEC from Sandi/MD and it made curious what everyone is paying for their 3500 DRWs.
80035 for my Limited 3500 with just about everything except air bags. That is EP pricing though.

Reactions: CFE

MT1

Reaction score
That’s pretty quick. Hope it comes in that timeframe. Once I was informed the truck was released from the factory (12/11) I checked with ram chat and dealer for ETA which neither could provide. I waited a couple weeks and asked dealer again and was told it was on its 2nd train headed north, should land mid-January. Just last night I contacted ram chat and they confirmed dealer ETA of 1/6-1/17. I’m guessing it’s getting pretty close if both the dealer and ram chat are giving me dates that are similar.
Well for me RAM chat gave me the estimate, dealer said its still TBD. Not really sure. I dont want to be a pain in the ass customer so im not gonna press the issue until after the ETA passes. Personally Im in no big rush as I reaally dont need the truck but we wanted something bigger than my Frontier for the Wife, Kid, and Mutts

MrTaz

Reaction score
By show of LIKES, how many of you find that this custom order process has been absolutely miserable and would not likely custom order a truck like this ever again.

I for one, would rather shop the internet and fly half way across the country before ever ordering another vehicle again. The anxiety and frustration has not been worth it.
Do it a few times and you will get use to it. It comes with the territory of owning what is essentially a custom made vehicle. Only in the U.S. can you do that for less than $200,000 . In Europe and Asia your options to pick from are extremely limited. I remember a Japanese import might have 3-4 colors and the interiors were all the same color. You got what they gave you.

Last edited:

MrTaz

Reaction score
Lol, since it’s a safety feature that they purposely implemented, they will probably come out with a way to turn it off right about the same time they come out with a way for the customer to turn off auto park on the Hemi trucks.
On my 2021 Longhorn 1500 the auto emergency brake can be turned off in the settings.

Users who are viewing this thread