Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
So I ordered a loaded Laramie in August, re-ordered a Limited in October. My original order didn't get canceled in time and was built. My salesman just told me the shipping train derailed in San Antonio with my original truck on it!
Thats bad news - any more details of train - departure time from plant, destination, rail car number?

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Sorry @J-J I had posted it probably 600 pages ago lol...did not realize how much this 22 thread has grown! 22 2500 limited maximum steel with all options more or less. AEV prospector xl package (3" lift, 40" tires, front and rear bumpers, Baja front and rear lights, intercooler skid plate, full size spare and headrests with the 16.5 warn winch) and stealth grey appearance package. When it gets back to me I have the RSI shell to put on.

What did the stealth grey appearance package consist of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACEd

Reaction score
That was up north Texas near Dallas - no where near San Antonio. Cant find anything about more recent derailments around San Antonio.

ACEd

Reaction score
So I ordered a loaded Laramie in August, re-ordered a Limited in October. My original order didn't get canceled in time and was built. My salesman just told me the shipping train derailed in San Antonio with my original truck on it!
Can you provide more detailed info please - cant find any info on any derailment near San Antonio.

Only info is Dec 28 up near Dallas well north of San Antonio. And mentions train carrying pipe - no reference to vehicles.

There was a derailment earlier last year in Missouri (?) that involved F150's and SUVs

Wondering if your salesman was confused or just blowing smoke. If not we need more info please.

RummerRam

Reaction score
They are saying they'll guarantee the trade price if it's not damaged. Still debating.. 22 weeks will put me close to a 23 model yr..
Not sure that’s the right play. Pricing will definitely go up with model year 2023 trucks. A lot of supplier contract pricing just increased as of Jan 1 and the 22s are lucky enough not to reflect it…yet. You can pretty much bank on upcoming price increases.

jort2750

Reaction score
Not to start a panic, but RamChat just told me that Saltillo would be closed from Jan. 3rd until February 10 for retooling! Maybe they meant January 10th?

"Saltillo plant will be down from Jan. 3-Feb. 10 for retooling."
After looking into this a little further, I believe it's a separate plant that will be closed. See quote from link below:

"Saltillo Van Assembly Plant in Mexico will be down from Jan. 3 to Feb. 10 for retooling."

Source: https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...holiday-break-others-idle-january/8994895002/

tyler2you

Reaction score
They are saying they'll guarantee the trade price if it's not damaged. Still debating.. 22 weeks will put me close to a 23 model yr..

22 weeks would have you taking delivery in mid May right? You might be able to order a '23 sometime in May, but you'd probably be looking at a Aug/Sep delivery at the earliest. I guess if you don't need the truck right away, then maybe, but I'm not sure there's anything coming in '23 that would be worth risking a significant price increase.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
That was up north Texas near Dallas - no where near San Antonio. Cant find anything about more recent derailments around San Antonio.
And that was 12/28. So we’re good. I’m ok with derailments, don’t get me wrong. Derail all you want. Just make sure it doesn’t involve my truck or my friends or cause me traffic. Oh yeah, for clarification, I do own the roads too. Just everyone else didn’t get the memo. I’m working on that.

buzzuti

Reaction score
I got the 22 ram 2500 diesel a couple months ago, still have the damn honking when you leave the running truck. I hate it. I go to get gas and the damn thing honks 3 times and everyone looks at you. Not to mention it happens 2am in the morning when I do remote start and open/close back door to put my bag in. Wtf
Idk but I thought that was configurable in the settings, at least it is on my 2021 1500.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
I got the 22 ram 2500 diesel a couple months ago, still have the damn honking when you leave the running truck. I hate it. I go to get gas and the damn thing honks 3 times and everyone looks at you. Not to mention it happens 2am in the morning when I do remote start and open/close back door to put my bag in. Wtf
It does it whenever the key fob isn't in the vehicle and the engine is running. According to @Jimmy07 (insider) there isn't anyway you can turn it off....it can't even be turned off with Alpha OBD. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to Ram/Stelantis and Ram will come out with something to turn it off by the customer. It really is a pain in the Axx.

Coonhound

Reaction score
By show of LIKES, how many of you find that this custom order process has been absolutely miserable and would not likely custom order a truck like this ever again.

I for one, would rather shop the internet and fly half way across the country before ever ordering another vehicle again. The anxiety and frustration has not been worth it.

Cummins0867

Reaction score
By show of LIKES, how many of you find that this custom order process has been absolutely miserable and would not likely custom order a truck like this ever again.

I for one, would rather shop the internet and fly half way across the country before ever ordering another vehicle again. The anxiety and frustration has not been worth it.
Just an FYI....when I ordered my 2019 Ram 3500....it was 1000 times better and I received the truck in about 10 weeks as opposed to 5.5 months for my 2022 Ram 3500. Ever since "The Corona" there is no normal or average wait time....its all over the map

PD Luke

Reaction score
Unfortunately no dealerships local will honor employee pricing… have been considering reordering or just walking away from employee pricing and going with a GMC or ford out of spite I know it only hurts me and the dealership will make bank selling the truck at mark up and I will have to overpay for something local haha just mad! It would be fine if they told me with would be 30 weeks but they told me 14-16 when I ordered and are just as clueless as Ramchat when I ask questions.
On top of MSRP (or higher) pricing issues with trucks on dealer lots, I have never found a truck with the exact options I want. I have always had to make a trade off on something for my previous 4 Ram trucks. While my August order is taking longer than I hoped, I am really excited to have (eventually) a truck built with the exact options I want at a great price. I have a truck now so I can still haul and tow if needed. For me personally it helps to just check in with Sandi at Mark Dodge every couple weeks rather than call her or Ram chat every other day. It will get here when it gets here. I probably will be driving the new truck for 4-6 years and it will be very enjoyable knowing it is built exactly how I want.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

Special times for everyone!

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
It does it whenever the key fob isn't in the vehicle and the engine is running. According to @Jimmy07 (insider) there isn't anyway you can turn it off....it can't even be turned off with Alpha OBD. Hopefully there will be enough complaints to Ram/Stelantis and Ram will come out with something to turn it off by the customer. It really is a pain in the Axx.
Lol, since it’s a safety feature that they purposely implemented, they will probably come out with a way to turn it off right about the same time they come out with a way for the customer to turn off auto park on the Hemi trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread