Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Jtwes

Reaction score
Something caught my eye… the section of metal between the windows of the doors… on most of these trucks there’s black vinyl covering those to match the windows, yours are white. Did you remove the vinyl? Or did it come with out it? Maybe white vinyl?

My 2015 has this vinyl starting to crack, years ago one sided faded a bit. I’d rather it wasn’t there. I think it looks better!
Looks like it starts on the Big Horn . I looked on Ram.com and Tradesman didn’t have it in there pictures.

RIDEaCANYON

Reaction score
Looks like it starts on the Big Horn . I looked on Ram.com and Tradesman didn’t have it in there pictures.
My ‘15 BH had it and it also started to crack/bubble. Some patience and delicate work with heat gun and it peeled off leaving perfect Granite Crystal matching the truck. I agree it looks far better.

gator6

Reaction score
Just had to share this Pic of my Longhorn dash. For those of you who ordered one and are waiting. Such a beautiful interior! About to take it back throughTexas.
c80db4acbc906e6de2dfe6ae0fc9c77d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mines “in the mail”… this looks great, glad you were able to get it before the holidays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossagge

Reaction score
I do like that interior. Love the hats on the dash.
Thanks. Drove it down, back, to Texas to look at some small ranches we have an eye on. Trying to get back there by the end of Jan.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

gator6

Reaction score
My 2021 1500 looks like that. It will be traded in on the Limited 3500 that I'm waiting on,. I traded a 2017 2500 Laramie Cummins in on the 1500 Longhorn that I have now. It's a nice truck but it's not a HD.

The only downside to the Longhorn is with the lighter colored leather. When getting in and out of the truck the leather seat bottom is starting to show wear with just 4000 miles on it. I think that would show less on seats that are black leather. The wear I'm talking about is the leather starting to crease and wrinkle from sliding across it getting in and out. If the leather was a little thicker I think it would be less of an issue.

The King Ranch models do the same. I was a little weary about Longhorn for that, but in the end it’s what I wanted.

rossagge

Reaction score
My 2021 1500 looks like that. It will be traded in on the Limited 3500 that I'm waiting on,. I traded a 2017 2500 Laramie Cummins in on the 1500 Longhorn that I have now. It's a nice truck but it's not a HD.

The only downside to the Longhorn is with the lighter colored leather. When getting in and out of the truck the leather seat bottom is starting to show wear with just 4000 miles on it. I think that would show less on seats that are black leather. The wear I'm talking about is the leather starting to crease and wrinkle from sliding across it getting in and out. If the leather was a little thicker I think it would be less of an issue.
I worry about that even in my cloth upholstered trucks. I make it a point to step up on the boards then sit into it and the opposite getting out. Anal I know, but I hate seeing those creases on the seat cushions after time. This leather is suppose to hold up better than most. Even over the Laramie.

gator6

Reaction score
It will get there. I wasn't expecting mine until next year. Happy it's here for my RV trip back to Texas at the end of Jan!

That’s why we went with a 3500 this year, RV touring the country. Most likely will end up in Texas, just still trying to work on my VA disability claim before I can really research locations to put down roots. Once I can get some of that squared away, it’s on to actually digging into this forum and taking notes for the financing and care aspect of the new truck.

MrTaz

Reaction score
The King Ranch models do the same. I was a little weary about Longhorn for that, but in the end it’s what I wanted.

I had a King Ranch back in 2003 and the leather in it was thick. It reminded me of saddle leather. No problems with creasing or wrinkles but it did fade from the sun but living in Florida I guess that's to be expected.

rossagge

Reaction score
That’s why we went with a 3500 this year, RV touring the country. Most likely will end up in Texas, just still trying to work on my VA disability claim before I can really research locations to put down roots. Once I can get some of that squared away, it’s on to actually digging into this forum and taking notes for the financing and care aspect of the new truck.

Same here for the most part. Like others, this is my "semi" retirement truck. Waiting for my VA to kick in at %100 hopefully by end of this coming year. Open a shooting range on my property in the meantime and keep up with this truck to make it last. Do some RV'n or possibly some fulltime livin in it if we don't find what we're looking for. Just grab some land and build on it. New year, new adventures!

gator6

Reaction score
I had a King Ranch back in 2003 and the leather in it was thick. It reminded me of saddle leather. No problems with creasing or wrinkles but it did fade from the sun but living in Florida I guess that's to be expected.

Sorry, I guess I should say SOME King Ranch models. My buddy owns a diesel shop in Chesapeake, and gets a number of Texas auction specials brought in to be fixed up prior to resale. Most of the KR interiors I had seen were pretty beat up from years of use.

Users who are viewing this thread