Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hemi vs Cummins

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
arizona is too hot for me lol I can't stand the heat in texas..

RVTRKN

Reaction score
The issue in Texas for me, are the property taxes. We quickly started to look into Tennessee, and found a nice 1/2 acre with a newer home in Kentucky, just north of Nashville TN. The property taxes in Texas for a new home owner (not a brand new home) can easily be over $5K a year. But the laws are acceptable and the citizens are nice folk.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
prop tax is a major p.i.t.a. in texas... among other states. my ag exemption saves my arse with my farm land...

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Yah Texas is terrible. No need for anyone else to move here and have to live like this.

Cummins > Hemi

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Try Cali. 6K in property taxes and 8.5% sales tax along with state tax. :rolleyes:

Don't get me started. Our property tax is 6K plus when you add on the fire district special assessment and other special assessment items. I can't stand the government and cost of living in Kalifornia but I do love my area. I can be at the ocean 15 - 20 minutes, at the top of a 6,000 ft mountain in 40 minutes (by dirt even) and in the wide open desert in under 90 minutes. The politicians in the state are ruining the place and I don't see it changing in my lifetime.

Our plan is to leave in a few years and it will be on a boat. Although even that is an issue. The state wants to charge 7.75% sales tax on the boat as well as a property tax. Handing over $70K in sales tax is insane. If we do an offshore delivery the boat has to stay out of CA for at least a year to avoid.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Georgia is great, was such a well kept secret.

but, everybody is moving here now so it won’t last. Property tax has tripled since I bought my home in 2009

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
This thread has turned from a Hemi vs Cummins thread to a California vs Everywhere Else thread.

I'll chime in. While not as bad as California, western Washington sucks...

Everybody moved on because it has been determined that a Cummins is better than a clapped out hemi. Now it is about which state sucks the soul out of your life the most.

Scorp38

Reaction score
This thread has turned from a Hemi vs Cummins thread to a California vs Everywhere Else thread.

I'll chime in. While not as bad as California, western Washington sucks...
I live north of Seattle about 45 min no emmisions ever. No gun restriction ********, no vaccine crap its not terrible here. king county is a despotic cesspool though on par with la County and Chicago NY ect....

Scorp38

Reaction score
Everybody moved on because it has been determined that a Cummins is better than a clapped out hemi. Now it is about which state sucks the soul out of your life the most.
I don't think anybody can objectivly say Hemi is worse than cummins. Its all predicated on individual situaltional circumstances and epa policy in the area you live. Some gas makes more sense than diesel

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I did find a fantastic desert oasis called cloudcroft, in n.m. anyone been to that area?

jadmt

Reaction score
sounds like some of you guys live in really nice places....Montana really sux high taxes on everything, terrible crime rate and meth is through the roof. News does not report it but highest murder rate in the nation. $500,000 will get you a 1/8 acre with a trailer house on it. if you like guns better not come here they actually go door to door and make you turn them and you have to pay a gun tax to get them back....I heard Wyoming was pretty nice tho....

gimmie11s

Reaction score
sounds like some of you guys live in really nice places....Montana really sux high taxes on everything, terrible crime rate and meth is through the roof. News does not report it but highest murder rate in the nation. $500,000 will get you a 1/8 acre with a trailer house on it. if you like guns better not come here they actually go door to door and make you turn them and you have to pay a gun tax to get them back....I heard Wyoming was pretty nice tho....

lmao... what you did there, i see it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Prescott area is nice, I live in Show Low and like it better, a little higher altitude and maybe more actual ponderosa pine forest.

Sounds nice.

100 miles to Sky Harbor isn't too awful bad from Prescott. Looks like 3 hours from Show Low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread