Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Fast1

Reaction score
On my build sheet my paint color is "Snazzberry" On my window sticker, it's "Delmonico Red".

Fast1

Reaction score
On the Ram phone app and the online website, It tells you the fuel level in your truck. But what does the "34 Miles" mean? The tank is full, and my truck has 21 miles on it. It doesn't seem to relate to anything.

Attachments

• Ram Dashboard.jpg
    Ram Dashboard.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 60

dperry149

Reaction score
For the people still waiting to receive your orders! I feel your anxiety. I was going nuts. I hope you all are amazed with yours as I am with my truck. The performance is outstanding. I’m still learning the still learning the beast. I only used one tank of fuel. It drives and rides beautifully. I’m averaging 18 mpg at highway speeds adjusting speed between 65-85 mph. I couldn’t be happier. Hope you enjoy your trucks as much as I am.
I hear milage will improve as that cummins engine breaks in!

dperry149

Reaction score
The original boat I was tracking is in route to Baltimore now. It’s should be there tomorrow morning at 9am. Then there is a second boat going from Altamira to Baltimore on the 15th
I assumed mine would go to Florida port? it says Orlando on the order.

scrambler1000

Reaction score
Appreciate it! LA is too far for me to go right now, but good to know some places are discounting. The largest RAM dealership in the west (Dave Smith in Idaho) is at MSRP and they’ve always been the best price I’ve seen.
I bought my truck from Mark Dodge. Over 11k off MSRP. Sign all papers online and they arrange the shipping to NY. I had photo when truck was delivered to mark dodge and photo when loaded on the carrier. All worked out perfect. Even with paying the shipping no dealer around here could or would come close to the price. They said it would never happen at that price, they were wrong!

Cummins0867

Reaction score
That’s a new one. I seem to remember back a few months, when the Canadian online builder for 2022 trucks opened, they had a different name listed for what I know to be “Delmonico Red”. Perhaps they change it based on location? I’ve always known that color as Delmonico red and that is what is listed on both my equipment listing, my POC, and my window sticker. They keep changing the name of the paint but the code (PRV) stays the same. I’ve heard it referred to as:

“Passion Red”
“Dark Garnet Red Pearl”
“Velvet Red Pearl”
“Delmonico Red”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2011 Ram 3500 SRW was "Deep Cherry Red".....I can't remember which either before or after the "Deep Cherry Red" was "Inferno Red".....both of these Colors were cool colors in Red.

Fast1

Reaction score
I bought my truck from Mark Dodge. Over 11k off MSRP. Sign all papers online and they arrange the shipping to NY. I had photo when truck was delivered to mark dodge and photo when loaded on the carrier. All worked out perfect. Even with paying the shipping no dealer around here could or would come close to the price. They said it would never happen at that price, they were wrong!
So you didn't trade anything in? Ouch - sales tax!!!

R.A.F

Reaction score
It's in State and getting closer!
After a delay of almost a week for rail car maintenance in Chattanooga, the rail car my truck is on has arrive at Roanoke VA.
Next stop should be the Auto Distribution Yard in Petersburg, VA then a short journey by truck transport to Norfolk.
ETA 12/8/2021. That would be a 4 week ship time,

matemike

Reaction score
2. Can anyone who opted for the basic Floor Mats (Not the $150 add set) show me a picture of their Front and Rear mats? I'm wondering if I need to purchase the $150 set.

Kind Regards,
May I also inquire about what floor mats come with each trim level? When I was building a longhorn and even a Laramie I believe the $150 Mopar rubber floor mats were an option, but I have been using WT on all other vehicles and was going to stick to what I know.
I ended up building and ordering a Limited and the Mopar mats were not an option. Do they come standard on a Limited 2500.? If so then I will use them and not bother with ordering weathertechs just yet.

Mptolomey

Reaction score
A quick shout out regarding extended warranties. I just signed and paid for my 3500 from Mark Dodge and wanted to add an extended warranty due to the extensive electronics and my intention to keep the truck “forever”!! That being said, I had the Zeigler quote in hand.

They initially offered the LDS warranty (we all know why!), but quickly switched to the Factory Maxcare ESC when I rejected a 3rd party contract. As for pricing, they offered the 8/100k/200 for $2,850 which was $1,785 LESS than Zeigler. I pulled the trigger for convenience and peace of mind. Please note that if you purchase the contract in FL, no discount by Zeigler or FL based dealer.

Hopefully this info will help someone on the fence, especially if they live in FL.

This is only the second ESC I have purchased, the other was for an Audi R8 of which I used for an A/C compressor. That replacement required the driveline to be dropped for access, it was a 6k repair and I was extremely thankful that I hade bought one for that car.

Last edited:

owdiss78

Reaction score
Correct what Tyler said. I"ve gone from 589 to 624. That was disconcerting at first, but it changes nothing in the real world.

Far as I know people are constantly finding the forum and entering their vin so it could move you down if order before you. All in order of your vin. I started at around 300 I’m now 531 just that many people have found the chart in the last 3 months

Blowenblu

Reaction score
CAMERA QUESTIONS, My Laramie should be arriving any day. I ordered it with CTR Stop Lamp w/Cargo View Camera, Surround Camera System, and Trailer Reverse Guidance. I decided on adding a Bed Cap. I'm assuming this will cover up my digital rear view camera. From what I have read, the Trailer Camera Prep allows for camera to be placed on rear of your trailer and show on your rear view Digital Mirror. 1st question: For you guys that have used this, can you set the trailer camera to be viewed in rear view mirror for your entire trip? If so I'm thinking I should have ordered the Trailer Camera Prep and could have mounted the trailer camera on the back of my cap so I don't loose my Digital Mirror function due to that camera be blocked by bed cap. 2nd. question: Can I order the "Trailer Camera Prep" after the fact and install myself? 3rd question: Are trucks with the digital rearview mirror already programed for the trailer camera (just add the "Trailer Camera Prep" ) plug and play?

Linked4door

Reaction score
So was looking at the pics Aaron sent me and I noticed both rear fender flares were removed in the pics. I saw some pics from other members that also have DRW trucks and their flares were also missing in the pics from the dealership.

This may have been discussed before, but I don't recall seeing it and couldn't find anything via the search.

Does anyone know why or when the rear fender flares get removed from DRW trucks? Is this when they get loaded on the train or tht truckng company taking them from train to dealer? I assume this is for clearance issues during transit, just can't see that little bit helping very much.

matemike

Reaction score
If you think about it, it’s a good thing that people are putting in info that started before yous because it helps in getting an idea on how things work regarding the steps and most importantly to us, the timing of it all. As @Rampingup said, it changes nothing in the real world. Look at the entire VIN list to see the thousands of trucks being built for more of a “real world” view.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread