Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

iflyskyhigh

Reaction score
Truck is less than a week away. Hopefully.

Supposed to be “on the ramp” Sunday the 5th (does that mean off the train onto the ramp at the train yard?)

GM said can take a week after that due to driver shortage.

Fun fact, they offered me $18,000 for my 2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost on trade. Put it up for sale tonight. Sold in less than an hour for $25,500 (asking price). AND my phone hasn’t stopped ringing. Crazy times. I’m worried I didn’t ask enough????

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Based on previous posts anything $800 or above seems to be going rate for Laramie 18 inch. I believe someone earlier got an offset on purchase of $600 on tires and $200 on wheels and that seemed generous on tires since the Firestone HT's wholesale for about that. 20 inch should go higher (its a $1700 add over the stock 18 inch on MSRP) - 20 inch will get you the AT tires instead of the HT and black should bring a premium, but dont expect to get $1700.

It also depends on whether you are selling to a dealer (or someone who is going to flip them) or to a user. I was offered $70 a tire at Discount Tire and they would not touch wheels. Have also heard of Tire dealers stuck with OE wheels dumping sets of wheels for $350 on Craigs List.

But best option most of the time is to sell tires / wheels as a set. But it also depends on where you are - up north wheels are generally more saleable, more $, to someone looking for 2nd set of wheels for snow tires - in that case you might be better separating tires / wheels.

All this assumes you move the TPMS sensors to your new wheels. Sensors retail for at least $30 ea so if you leave sensors in, that would add some value to someone with a 2019-22.
But I have seen 20's takeoff tire/wheel sets listed "retail" without TPMS at a dealers specializing in takeoffs around $1200-1700 in TX. ($1700 dealer was offering financing).
Wow! I’ll take $1200 and be happy then. I’m in Colorado so there are some folks with winter and summer wheels and tires.
Thanks for the info!

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Truck is less than a week away. Hopefully.

Supposed to be “on the ramp” Sunday the 5th (does that mean off the train onto the ramp at the train yard?)

GM said can take a week after that due to driver shortage.

Fun fact, they offered me $18,000 for my 2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost on trade. Put it up for sale tonight. Sold in less than an hour for $25,500 (asking price). AND my phone hasn’t stopped ringing. Crazy times. I’m worried I didn’t ask enough????
Where did you list your truck as I’ll be doing the same.

Apaschke82

Reaction score
My truck is here!!! Of course my salesman left right when the truck arrived so can’t get it til tomorrow. Bummer but I got to see her! Definitely dirty…inside and out. They left it unlocked and was still in shipping mode. Couldn’t help but take a little gander inside.

Attachments

• 63DE2EF3-FFB5-4FAA-BBC4-F7685948FFA0.jpeg
    63DE2EF3-FFB5-4FAA-BBC4-F7685948FFA0.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 109
  • A50328E9-93C7-4AD7-A5B1-0561D87CAAF9.jpeg
    A50328E9-93C7-4AD7-A5B1-0561D87CAAF9.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 108
  • 42331205-4D91-4513-97FB-CC510FD29219.jpeg
    42331205-4D91-4513-97FB-CC510FD29219.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 109
  • E832BDCA-120A-4573-8158-70CC37588FEF.jpeg
    E832BDCA-120A-4573-8158-70CC37588FEF.jpeg
    381.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 0592ED3D-4E3C-430E-9302-62EDEDB27182.jpeg
    0592ED3D-4E3C-430E-9302-62EDEDB27182.jpeg
    336 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Werkerb

Reaction score
Sure! I'm still working on it, but once finished I'll share with whomever would enjoy a copy however, forewarning! Only someone with OCD will understand this list.
I am looking to get my first brand new truck in about one - two weeks and would like a copy of your checklist if possible. It will be a lot to go through and any help would be greatly appreciated.

gator6

Reaction score
I listed it at 5:00 tonight. Sold by 6:00. Bananas. Guy paid asking price in cash. Crazy times. My truck was really nice. Low miles and clean. I knew it would sell quick but I had no idea.
I listed my ‘06 Mega w/163k for $20k and it lit up. The thing has stupid sun damage thanks to being stationed in Key West. I don’t want to let it go, but if the price is right… These are crazy times

Coonhound

Reaction score
Brv10 said that my truck was built on 12/1 and today was loaded on a rail car. I guess from watching this forum for a couple months I was expecting it to take longer because I ordered a spay in liner and side steps . I wouldn’t have thought that they could build it and do vender work all in the same day. Thank you Brv10 for all the updates.
Ordered a 2500 Crew Cab Tradesman 4x4 Long Bed Hemi.
Order date 9/29
D1 11/15 ( Guessing not sure)
Build. 12-1
Estimated dealer delivery 12-21 to 12-31
Here’s my vin if anyone wants to see if a window sticker will pull up.
3C6UR5HJ0NG178244
Happy for you. Where's yours headed? Mine was probably at the vender at the same time. Hopefully in shipping by now. NG122529
3500 Big Horn Max CC dully HO

4FOXS8K

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger today and got my order in. I got 2500 Limited NE M/C in Delmonico Red. I was going to wait to get the Laramie with the NE whenever that was eventually going to come out but the wife said to just go for the Limited. Now the wait.

gator6

Reaction score
So I pulled the trigger today and got my order in. I got 2500 Limited NE M/C in Delmonico Red. I was going to wait to get the Laramie with the NE whenever that was eventually going to come out but the wife said to just go for the Limited. Now the wait.
Haha! I had a loaded 3500 Laramie the same way until my wife said get a Limited… we ended up going with the Longhorn on 11/12…

Welcome to the waiting room.

love2build

Reaction score
What’s everyone’s experience here with ceramic coatings and ppf?

This is my first time spending an absurd amount on a vehicle and I want to keep it looking new as long as I can. I’m afraid I’m going to pick up some rock chips on the 1200 mile trip home from the dealer.
I was given some “track wrap” temporary wrap to put on for my drive back from Louisiana to Texas. It took me about 30 min to peel and stick my entire front end and front of the hood. It didn’t look pretty but kept everything chip free until I had the truck wrapped properly a week later. I used the corporate XPEL store here in Austin who did a phenomenal job on my full front end and assorted bits plus all the tint. In my mind I could have saved a couple hundred bucks doing it elsewhere but knowing that if I have ANY issues I will be taken care of is worth it to me. Plus the free track wrap is just great business and peace of mind.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
I listed my ‘06 Mega w/163k for $20k and it lit up. The thing has stupid sun damage thanks to being stationed in Key West. I don’t want to let it go, but if the price is right… These are crazy times
I listed it at 5:00 tonight. Sold by 6:00. Bananas. Guy paid asking price in cash. Crazy times. My truck was really nice. Low miles and clean. I knew it would sell quick but I had no idea.

So can you guys let me know where your listing your trucks and getting that kind of response?
I have a 2006 Laramie long bed quad cab with 141k and the 5.9 Diesel. And it’s super clean with a ton of bells and whistles. I’m guessing I’ll get more than 30k. I was gonna do auto trader.

Last edited:

cmh2007

Reaction score
Dealer expects my truck to be on the lot 12-15. Right at 7 months from order date. I'm more patient than I thought. Night Edition Laramie Hemi Mega, all black.
I think ill be even longer than you because i had to cancel an order due to my dealer not playing right. I ordered in may, canceled in october after no progress? Reordered the same day, and still waiting. I think ill be somewhere around January or February before i see mine

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Angelo26

Reaction score
I think ill be even longer than you because i had to cancel an order due to my dealer not playing right. I ordered in may, canceled in october after no progress? Reordered the same day, and still waiting. I think ill be somewhere around January or February before i see mine

I ordered on october 14th and have an estimated ship date of 12/19, im seeing they are moving more quickly.

cmh2007

Reaction score
I ordered on october 14th and have an estimated ship date of 12/19, im seeing they are moving more quickly.
I haven't gotten a ship date yet, but build date estimate is December 8. However it's a 2 week ride to texas/Louisiana, then anther few weeks to mark dodge with the backup at the port

Rampingup

Reaction score
So can you guys let me know where your listing your trucks and getting that kind of response?
I have a 2006 Laramie long bed quad cab with 141k and the 5.9 Diesel. And it’s super clean with a ton of bells and whistles. I’m guessing I’ll get more than 30k. I was gonna do auto trader.
I'd like to know also. When I ordered my truck in Oct the dealership quoted a trade in of $58 K on my 2020 Limited Eco diesel with 28,000 miles This was $6K+ more than I paid the same dealership when I bought it. I'm beginning to wonder if I might do better on my own. The one point I have to consider is how the State of Ks will tax me. Not positive if I have a certain amount of time to "reinvest" the sale price on new without having to pay sales tax on the entire new amount. For me, that tax is just short of 10%. Thanks to my local city recently raising their taxes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apaschke82

Reaction score
Question for anyone who for the Ramboxes with their truck…I saw that there are the slots for the cargo bed divider in the bed of my truck when I was looking at it at my dealer's tech center where new trucks are unloaded at. Does the Rambox package come with these? Asking because I didn’t order the cargo management system yet there’s the divider slots as well as the adjustable cargo tie downs there but I didn’t see the cargo divider anywhere in the truck.

gator6

Reaction score
Put it on Facebook Marketplace. But also look up other Ram Groups to share the sale in. There are several out there you can post your listing in. Most of the time people know someone looking and share the listing.

I got hits on Autotrader too, but it’s like $50/mo

Users who are viewing this thread