Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

Spark Plug

Reaction score
It's sitting in the rail car waiting to be unloaded. Tracking I got from them says it was unloaded, but Aaron stated sometimes that's not the case. It could be unloaded, but as in my case, it arrived and is still on the rail car awaiting.
oh damn, so youre 10 days from it arriving to the yard and still just sitting on the railcar. i would have thought they would have had that unloaded by now. mine should be arriving to port allen any day now. curious to see how long it will take to unload.

beckty85

Reaction score
Well ram chat finally bumped my eta from the 6th out to the 14th of December. Hoping what Aaron told the poster above is correct and HATA gets some trucks moving. That timing will work out well though for me as I am pretty free from the 15th to Christmas.

Best Price im getting from hotshots so far is 2.50 a mile. So looks like I'll fly and drive home

edited to ad- Pixie Dust Logistics LLC just quoted me 1.18 a mile

gator6

Reaction score
Paperwork done and 40 miles under my belt already. This thing is unbelievable. It is incredible how much they’ve improved these since my 2017. Now I’m trying to get the goodies bolted on before the temperature drops!
0d587b1e6593f3392a8432c0e9f02b3d.jpg

169df8e0b692fa202e8f048e73fa1ec1.jpg

6d93d0f3d04843857dde7d0c23d455e3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do have a question for you. Did your build sheet list Full-length chrome side steps? I think I see the deployable side steps on your truck, just trying to ensure that the Long Horn Level 1 includes them.

dperry149

Reaction score
Looks like other people are getting ETAs to dealer that have taken a boat ride. Mine on the other hand looks like it was left behind lol I give up
I'm in that boat. no pun intended. I'm leaving cookies and milk out for Santa just in case. don't give up hope!

Porkchopexpress

Reaction score
I get 5% ceramic tint...it blocks more heat and my eyes are sensitive to the light....the whole nose cone has ppf on it as well as the dually humps...ceramic coated over all of it with 5 year plan...I go to line x for the rustproof and undercoating....just dropped it off today actually and learned something new about the product....if you get it done under 1k miles on your rig you have a lifetime metal warranty....and free touchups as long as you own the truck....I'll post up a better pic tomorrow when the sun is out....also had the pillars between the windows wrapped in gloss instead of the stock matte vinyl...
I am getting the ceramic tint as well. Cost me 225 vs 425. I get 15% on everything but the windshield. On the windshield, I get a 50% and I do get the strip as well. 5% is way too dark for me. My daughter has 5% on her SUV and I cannot see anything at night, I have to roll down the windows to see to park. At the 15% tent, people can't tell if I am in my truck so it's dark enough for my needs. The heat reduction between is well worth the price. I use my truck as a work truck and I am in it all the time.

I do go into a number of states. So check out states laws and if the police carry light meters. I did get pulled over one time and I just played dumb and said "it came from the dealership this way" so I just always assumed it was legal.

rossagge

Reaction score
oh damn, so youre 10 days from it arriving to the yard and still just sitting on the railcar. i would have thought they would have had that unloaded by now. mine should be arriving to port allen any day now. curious to see how long it will take to unload.
Yep. So more variables to factor in when trying to figure out a time frame from port arrival/unload info to the dealer. Hopefully Aaron will put a little heat on them to get thing turning. He has a good relationship with HATA so I'm sure it's just a hiccup and they'll get my truck moving soon. I'll post up when it does. :)

Spark Plug

Reaction score
Yep. So more variables to factor in when trying to figure out a time frame from port arrival/unload info to the dealer. Hopefully Aaron will put a little heat on them to get thing turning. He has a good relationship with HATA so I'm sure they'll get my truck moving soon. I'll post up when it does. :)
I had my warranty clerk call the port yesterday to see if they could track. guy acted like he couldnt even find the railcar. so sometimes they are not very helpful. We have a load of trucks getting dropped off right now, and the driver tells us their system is down and dont have anything for us to sign. so add that to reasons for delays.

ACEd

Reaction score
I do have a question for you. Did your build sheet list Full-length chrome side steps? I think I see the deployable side steps on your truck, just trying to ensure that the Long Horn Level 1 includes them.
I will answer that question at least with respect to my Longhorn Level 1, The Level 1 does in fact come with deployable steps, but you can specify fixed steps and if you want Wheel to Wheel as I did, you have to go with fixed running boards and check that box - but you won't get a refund for the difference in cost.

sconym

Reaction score
Updates!!!! Kind of. Still doesn't make any sense, but at least its an update!!!! Dealer send me a new POC this morning that shows D1 status and an updated estimated ship date of 12/17 (change from last POC with an estimated ship date of 11/24). Ramchat said that all the parts were gathered and should be entering build process soon (heard this awhile ago then they gave an update of still gathering parts yesterday). However, update from our forum guru, and his screens still show D status with no estimated ship date (even though there is a shipping plan posted to my VIN.... weird). So... updated info with no real info!!! :D

Also, @OfficerDirtySanchez updated our build tracking sheet with a D1 date of 11/26, but not sure where that date came from...

OfficerDirtySanchez

Reaction score
Also, @OfficerDirtySanchez updated our build tracking sheet with a D1 date of 11/26, but not sure where that date came from...
That's the last date I heard suggestion your truck was in D1 status. I've also tended to reflect the status we hear from dealers as it's the most consistent source we have. Insider statuses are probably more accurate but not what most of us have access to.

I still can't understand why what the dealer sees on the POC would be different.

rossagge

Reaction score
Should get an updated POC from your salesman. I didn't see a sticker generated yet for your truck. Maybe BRV10 can help out with better info...

sconym

Reaction score
That's the last date I heard suggestion your truck was in D1 status. I've also tended to reflect the status we hear from dealers as it's the most consistent source we have. Insider statuses are probably more accurate but not what most of us have access to.

I still can't understand why what the dealer sees on the POC would be different.
Thanks. All of my updates recently have been pretty wonky. Waiting to see what truck actually shows up when it gets here! Hopefully its what I actually ordered :D

rw4363

Reaction score
Quick question guys. My salesman informed me my truck is due for delivery any day now. They offered me a promo deal for a 3m protection film install. Full hood, quarter panels, bumper and rocker panels. Now i know my 2021 2500 i traded in for this new 3500 im getting already had a rock chip in the bumper within 1000 miles so I'm leaning to get it. Just seeing anyone has experience or feedback on the clear protection film?
Just ordered my Ram 3 weeks ago, PPF will be the first thing I do when I get it. I have it on my current truck (2015 F350 white metallic tri-coat) and my wife's Durango (black metallic). Had it installed when they were new. Both have PPF on the full front back to the windshield and the mirrors. 6+ years later you cannot tell it is there. As long as you wrap full panels and not just portions no edges will be visible. The PPF is suppose to be "self healing". Small dings seem to disappear with time. It has definitely saved the paint!

Users who are viewing this thread