Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Honking - chirping - 3 three horn beeps honks chirps - when I leave my vehicle - merged threads

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Guess I'll just leave the fob in the truck when backing the camper. I'm in and out 10 times trying to get it just right...
Maybe just don't shut the door (leave it cracked) when checking your parking job? Mine doesn't beep 3 times till you latch the door closed.

snayte

Reaction score
Maybe just don't shut the door (leave it cracked) when checking your parking job? Mine doesn't beep 3 times till you latch the door closed.
Oh that would probably work most of the time. Thanks!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Hopefully, this is just an error they made with the new Uconnect 5 system and not something that was put in because of some lawyer reasons.

Jimmy07

Re-coding from an easy-chair
Reaction score
Hopefully, this is just an error they made with the new Uconnect 5 system and not something that was put in because of some lawyer reasons.
It’s definitely an intended feature. Other manufacturers have been doing this for years- my daughter’s 2011 SRX, Kia, etc. With the reported carbon monoxide deaths, and the introduction of the “park it act”, I’m sure the NHTSA is going to be forced to make a finalized standard for manufacturers soon, anyway, whether it be auto shut-off, or the horn chirps.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
It’s definitely an intended feature. Other manufacturers have been doing this for years- my daughter’s 2011 SRX, Kia, etc. With the reported carbon monoxide deaths, and the introduction of the “park it act”, I’m sure the NHTSA is going to be forced to make a finalized standard for manufacturers soon, anyway, whether it be auto shut-off, or the horn chirps.

I was afraid of that. Understandable. Similar to the horn blasting when reversing with the door opened and no seatbelt that was added as a safety feature after some people ran themselves over.

sfort

Reaction score
Pull the horn wire maybe? I have all other horn instances turned off anyway... It would probably set a code though. lol!

Papa_smurf

Reaction score
Should be doable somehow to electronically disable it. I'd have to do some digging and it would be nice to have a schematic for it. I'd think you could simply rerun wiring from the steering wheel to the horn, and disconnect whatever output comes from the ECM/Uconnect systems.

sfort

Reaction score
I'd like to put all the lights on an aux switch. This thing is so unbelievably annoying when hunting and gearing up in the dark.

Sent from my work avoidance device
Same problem with campgrounds at night. I started my 2019 awhile ago at a campground to let it warm up. When I came around the corner of my camper to get in, I noticed the headlights were pointed straight at the neighbor's camp and they were all outside trying to shade their eyes. I turned off all approach/delay light after that. But, I can't figure out how to turn off the "running" lights that surround the headlights. I have to take a ferry at night sometimes and the ferry workers aren't happy with the lighting situation.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I'd like to put all the lights on an aux switch. This thing is so unbelievably annoying when hunting and gearing up in the dark.

Sent from my work avoidance device
Agree 100%. And be able to dim that backup camera screen.

jtmiller27

Reaction score
If you leave one fob in vehicle but take other with you it won’t do the beep when you get out with it running. Doors still lock and you can’t get in without the fob that you had with you. I do this when I’m around home and on farms. Probably not the safest thing to do if going too far.
Mine does it with the key in the vehicle when a the door is opened then shut.

Dunn08

Reaction score
This feature is super annoying. My wife’s SUV does it to, 2 extremely loud honks. My little Mazda 6 I commute with also does it, but it’s a much more pleasant beep and there’s options to let you make the audibles level very low.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Same problem with campgrounds at night. I started my 2019 awhile ago at a campground to let it warm up. When I came around the corner of my camper to get in, I noticed the headlights were pointed straight at the neighbor's camp and they were all outside trying to shade their eyes. I turned off all approach/delay light after that. But, I can't figure out how to turn off the "running" lights that surround the headlights. I have to take a ferry at night sometimes and the ferry workers aren't happy with the lighting situation.
Put The plow light enable wire on a switch it wont use the headlights only the markers i have mine setup as i do plow with it but it is so handy when i need the headlights off even with the remote start or when i come in late with my camper i dont blind my family sitting at the fire as i back my trailer in

adambraziel

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram does the same thing, I back up to the trailer get out to hook it up I close the door with the truck running and the horn chirps 3 times even when I'm standing next to the door. I would really like to be able to turn this feature off

Ridered67

Reaction score
My 2022 Ram does the same thing, I back up to the trailer get out to hook it up I close the door with the truck running and the horn chirps 3 times even when I'm standing next to the door. I would really like to be able to turn this feature off
Yea same here. Its annoying AF and needs to stop lol

TxRam

Reaction score
This "feature" is absolutely horrible. I haven't been able to find the "off" button, and I see that I'm not the only one. Hopefully Ram is tracking and will push an update.

drydenfarms

Reaction score
If I leave my spare fob in console my truck doesn’t beep. Still locks and unlocks as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread