Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive Thread!

MobyDick

Reaction score
We all tend to post issues we are having with our trucks. Let’s start a thread listing a few things we love about our trucks!

8 speed trans really seems to be a perfect match for the 6.4
Tradesman cloth seats really are comfortable
6.4 has a good amount of power. Really took my wife by surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_1648

I'm all for this!

Love the power of the 6.7L H.O. motor in mine.
Interior is outstanding and extremely comfortable (3500 Limited).
Kind of a tech geek, so I really like what FCA has done with the "Tesla style" interface for the stereo and UConnect...excellent sound!

jkbrereton

Reaction score
Very comfortable ride. We loved the ride in my first Dodge (1997 Ram 1500, 2wd) that we looked no further than getting another to replace it with. We stepped up the game this time with a 2019 Power Wagon. Still, like my old 1500, we loved the set up of the interior, the comfort, and roominess.

As was said, the power train is impressive, especially when passing. WOW!

I can see that I will have to build a standing platform to get to the motor though; drawbacks of having a 2500 I guess

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MobyDick

Reaction score
Very comfortable ride. We loved the ride in my first Dodge (1997 Ram 1500, 2wd) that we looked no further than getting another to replace it with. We stepped up the game this time with a 2019 Power Wagon. Still, like my old 1500, we loved the set up of the interior, the comfort, and roominess.

As was said, the power train is impressive, especially when passing. WOW!

I can see that I will have to build a standing platform to get to the motor though; drawbacks of having a 2500 I guess

I agree with you. I’m 6’ and still may need a plateform

MobyDick

Reaction score
I'm all for this!

Love the power of the 6.7L H.O. motor in mine.
Interior is outstanding and extremely comfortable (3500 Limited).
Kind of a tech geek, so I really like what FCA has done with the "Tesla style" interface for the stereo and UConnect...excellent sound!

I can’t even imagine the power of the H.O. I have a 01 24v 5.9 and that motor is impressive so I have no doubt these new 6.7 are a power house

Riveyman

Reaction score
Got ours 3 weeks ago. Just love the interior of our Laramie. This is our first new car/truck in 20 years. And all the features are a bit overwhelming but exciting. As RugbyRef said the 12" Uconnect is really nice.

Riveyman

Reaction score
I agree with you. I’m 6’ and still may need a plateform
Same here, 6' as well. When I open the hood, I have to jump a bit to reach the hood to close it. Even told the DW, that I'll need a ladder just to check the oil..

traildude

Reaction score
Loving that I received a vin# on January 10th after placing the order the day before. So much more to love about this truck but for now that's all in my head =)

Great White North Eh

Squish Cat - And So
Reaction score
It’s weird I thought of starting a thread like this last night when I couldn’t sleep! Any-hoo I’ll keep it rollin. I like many things a couple things are. I ”think” I like how when started it idols really low rpm for a while until it revs up, that’s how I start my tractors. One simple thing is I like the flat tailgate cap, shouldn’t be anymore showers from water on top like my 4 gens.

polcat

Reaction score
It's just one nice and fantastic vehicle. It was a major step up back in '13 when I went from a 2002 Dodge 1500 to a 2013 Laramie Mega 2500 Hemi. The change wasn't that much when I got into a Cummins '16 Laramie Crew Cab 2500. I learned a lot with that truck. But my '19 is a bigger leap than I thought from the '16. I'd consider these 4.75 gen trucks because of the refinements alone. Although, I do miss the noisier diesel rattle at times.

MobyDick

Reaction score
It's just one nice and fantastic vehicle. It was a major step up back in '13 when I went from a 2002 Dodge 1500 to a 2013 Laramie Mega 2500 Hemi. The change wasn't that much when I got into a Cummins '16 Laramie Crew Cab 2500. I learned a lot with that truck. But my '19 is a bigger leap than I thought from the '16. I'd consider these 4.75 gen trucks because of the refinements alone. Although, I do miss the noisier diesel rattle at times.

I drive my 01 at least once a week to get my rattle fix! Lol

Stavo

Reaction score
Love the quiet ride inside the cabin. Plenty of creature comforts to make the long rides enjoyable along with the slightly softer suspension of the PW.

Towing the trailer is great and the 6.4L has plenty of power and torque.

Trail cam and surround camera are great (8.4" screen) for off road visibility and for parking between the lines. :)

brucie

Reaction score
Same here, 6' as well. When I open the hood, I have to jump a bit to reach the hood to close it. Even told the DW, that I'll need a ladder just to check the oil..

I had to add a quart of oil at 3000 miles, which I wasn't happy about (let's keep this positive!) , but anyway I can tell you that the fan shroud will support someone well over 200 pounds, because I tested it. Crawling on top of it, from a ladder was the only way I could get enough torque on the oil fill cap to loosen it. I am going to need to custom make scaffolding to do any work on this thing :) I am seriously thinking of making about a one foot tall platform to sit on the side of my driveway, because the drop is so far on this truck that it hurts my arthritic back when I hit the ground exiting it. Something like a one foot tall picnic table bench. This is one tall truck. You could probably run over a tree and not notice it.

Love the interior of this truck. The LED lighting is really nice. My favorite features compared to other trucks I have owned are the hidden storage, auto high beams (works amazingly well), adaptive cruise control, excellent phone sound system both speakers and mics. People say I sound like I am on a landline. Mechanically there is plenty of power from the 6.4, suspension is excellent, and it is really a joy to drive with some annoying exceptions I will not mention in this thread. Towing is a world away better than what I experienced with my 1500 class Tundra. So far very little being sucked into and then spit out of 18 wheeler wake. While city mileage is not great, towing mileage has been just as good as I experienced with my Tundra. At 55 mph on level ground I just recently averaged 11 mpg (6k pound, 24 foot camper) on a 250 mile trip. People seem to really hate the Firestone Transforce tires it came with, but so far, I have no complaints. They are balanced well and wet traction has been adequate. Hopefully this winter I will get to test out snow traction. Not sure how fast they will wear. I'd have to give a -A- for fit and finish on the truck. No real complaints except for one paint drop at the bottom of the tailgate. The entertainment-control system is outstanding. The cameras are of excellent quality, but I wish all the cameras I had were more functional like auto on while turn signal was on. The birds eye view camera is fantastic. I can position the truck dead in the middle of two parking lines which is something I have never been able to do with decent accuracy and repeatability. I just wish there were a way to easily turn on the cameras when fronting into a parking space. Maybe reprogram one of those behind the steering wheel audio controls I will never use ! :)

jkbrereton

Reaction score
My side step bars stop at the cab. I wish they were longer and went to the rear fender well

brucie

Reaction score
I like my N-FAB PREDATOR PRO steps. Makes getting into this tall truck possible.
I really like the bed rails that came with the truck, because they protect the doors from my wife and other people with cars. When they open their doors too far, they hit the rail and not my door. I wish they were lower, but you can't have everything and that would make them less useful off-road. I don't have any problem getting in. Just getting out. If I am careful I can sort of slide my way down at at a controlled speed, but if I just step out, it is going to hurt.

RTillery

Reaction score
I had to add a quart of oil at 3000 miles, which I wasn't happy about (let's keep this positive!) , but anyway I can tell you that the fan shroud will support someone well over 200 pounds, because I tested it. Crawling on top of it, from a ladder was the only way I could get enough torque on the oil fill cap to loosen it. I am going to need to custom make scaffolding to do any work on this thing :) I am seriously thinking of making about a one foot tall platform to sit on the side of my driveway, because the drop is so far on this truck that it hurts my arthritic back when I hit the ground exiting it. Something like a one foot tall picnic table bench. This is one tall truck. You could probably run over a tree and not notice it.

Love the interior of this truck. The LED lighting is really nice. My favorite features compared to other trucks I have owned are the hidden storage, auto high beams (works amazingly well), adaptive cruise control, excellent phone sound system both speakers and mics. People say I sound like I am on a landline. Mechanically there is plenty of power from the 6.4, suspension is excellent, and it is really a joy to drive with some annoying exceptions I will not mention in this thread. Towing is a world away better than what I experienced with my 1500 class Tundra. So far very little being sucked into and then spit out of 18 wheeler wake. While city mileage is not great, towing mileage has been just as good as I experienced with my Tundra. At 55 mph on level ground I just recently averaged 11 mpg (6k pound, 24 foot camper) on a 250 mile trip. People seem to really hate the Firestone Transforce tires it came with, but so far, I have no complaints. They are balanced well and wet traction has been adequate. Hopefully this winter I will get to test out snow traction. Not sure how fast they will wear. I'd have to give a -A- for fit and finish on the truck. No real complaints except for one paint drop at the bottom of the tailgate. The entertainment-control system is outstanding. The cameras are of excellent quality, but I wish all the cameras I had were more functional like auto on while turn signal was on. The birds eye view camera is fantastic. I can position the truck dead in the middle of two parking lines which is something I have never been able to do with decent accuracy and repeatability. I just wish there were a way to easily turn on the cameras when fronting into a parking space. Maybe reprogram one of those behind the steering wheel audio controls I will never use ! :)
2019 3500 HO/Aisen SWB
I agree with just about everything you've said (although I use the steering wheel audio controls all the time). For the camera, I set up a button on the bottom row menu and when I pull into a parking spot, I just hit it and the cameras turn on as long as I'm under about 10 mph. Center her up between the lines better than ever! I find I'm using the cameras more than the mirrors backing up now. On my 04 Dodge that I sold at 480,000 miles, I had a step that hooks over the front wheel from Harbor Freight. Works pretty good. I've decided to be a "through the wheel well" oil guy and after a few times, I've gotten pretty good at it. I use a Lisle cap for the oil filter and it has worked well and is inexpensive. A drain valve of some kind on the pan makes oil changes pretty painless. 7 months and 21,000 miles, the truck has been great. Knock on wood, no issues. I just finished a trip from Colorado to upstate New York and back over the holidays and it was a joy. Ice, snow, teen temperatures were all handled with confidence.

brucie

Reaction score
2019 3500 HO/Aisen SWB
I agree with just about everything you've said (although I use the steering wheel audio controls all the time). For the camera, I set up a button on the bottom row menu and when I pull into a parking spot, I just hit it and the cameras turn on as long as I'm under about 10 mph. Center her up between the lines better than ever! I find I'm using the cameras more than the mirrors backing up now. On my 04 Dodge that I sold at 480,000 miles, I had a step that hooks over the front wheel from Harbor Freight. Works pretty good. I've decided to be a "through the wheel well" oil guy and after a few times, I've gotten pretty good at it. I use a Lisle cap for the oil filter and it has worked well and is inexpensive. A drain valve of some kind on the pan makes oil changes pretty painless. 7 months and 21,000 miles, the truck has been great. Knock on wood, no issues. I just finished a trip from Colorado to upstate New York and back over the holidays and it was a joy. Ice, snow, teen temperatures were all handled with confidence.
I am assuming you have the 12 inch screen, because with my 8 inch, I see no way to customize the menu. If I am wrong, please let me know because that sure would be nice!

RTillery

Reaction score
No, I have the 8.4. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but there is a camera icon in apps I think. You can drag the icons around and place one in the bottom menu line that stays available. Same one your audio, climate, etc is in. I can just tap it when I'm going slow and it will bring up the surround view on my Bighorn.

Users who are viewing this thread