Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

ACEd

Reaction score
Tried searching this but didn’t get any hits.

Do sold-order trucks populate on dealer inventory websites when they are in transit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine has not so far shown up on Dealer site but it does show up on Cargurus

Last edited:

CJTEX

Just came here to flex
Reaction score
No sticker today, oh well... however, got the bed cover in and ordered my tires... only 8 tires left in the nation from discount tire haha... well now only 4. Cat back won't come until Dec 10 ish, boy these shortages are getting old.

Attachments

• 20211111_114904.jpg
    20211111_114904.jpg
    956.7 KB · Views: 96
  • 20211111_114604.jpg
    20211111_114604.jpg
    676.5 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20211105_162945_01.jpg
    IMG_20211105_162945_01.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 95

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
No sticker today, oh well... however, got the bed cover in and ordered my tires... only 8 tires left in the nation from discount tire haha... well now only 4. Cat back won't come until Dec 10 ish, boy these shortages are getting old.
What bed cover you go with?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The link in Post #1 (and in another post or two), to showroom.carbook.com is no longer active. It was pretty great. Can anyone post an updated link? Thanks.

Showroom.Carbook.com to build your truck then work with a dealer for accurate offerings - things change daily

Post #1 fixed.

Weird, it comes up with the search link but doesn't allow some selections.

ACEd

Reaction score
Tried searching this but didn’t get any hits.

Do sold-order trucks populate on dealer inventory websites when they are in transit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I go to my Dealer website, and as far as I can tell it does not show up there or in a Chrysler search for matching vehicles, but it does not show up on CarGurus - it appears to have popped up when Window Sticker showed up.

owdiss78

Reaction score

I love my diamondback it’s older version so it’s actually got the diamond shaped aluminum. Mine was purchased to haul a sxs up there but only hauled a atv or just used in winter when not pulling fifth wheel around

ColoMike

Reaction score
I’m not gone yet, just got home late from taking delivery on Tuesday and then was busy at work and at home yesterday. I know this isn’t this best pic, I’ll get more in a couple hours but wanted to update you guys.

So, my dealership experience was a nightmare. Took my own financing, but there was miscommunication (no communication) that the salesman gave me invoice +$500 contingent on financing with the dealership. Also there was the issue where a sunroof was added that I didn’t ask for ($1100) which I was going to just eat. But then, the guy forged my name. So then I was pissed and determined to get it taken off. Well, between the financing situation, the fact that invoice + $500 is no longer a standard ordering price (supposedly), and after arguing with the sales manager/GM for 3 hours and finally pulling out texts that I in fact did ask specifically for no sunroof to begin with, I got $500 off and had no choice but to finance through them. Not a huge deal as their rate was .04 higher than mine after they bought it down, I had just already gone through the effort of getting it set up with my local bank and had a check in hand. The whole deal was extremely aggravating and everyone involved was mad at the salesman including the other managers. The finance guy was awesome and super apologetic and 100% straightforward with me which I really appreciated. He was the only enjoyable part of the whole experience. But either way, I brought it home. I’ll get off my soap box now!

As far as the truck goes, well…. It’s awesome. I love it. Taking some getting used to going from an ‘86 5 speed MR2 to this type of luxury. It rides like a cloud (no air ride), the 17 speaker system sounds great (make sure you enable surround sound mode), the ramboxes are so convenient. All in all, didn’t get a terrible price in reality and I’m super happy with the truck!

Wow, that was a real nightmare for you! Stresses me out just reading about your experience.

Randysr1

Reaction score
Went to Laurel Mississippi Wednesday and visited son and granddaughter. Thursday went to Kim’s CDRJ met my son and signed paperwork and me and the wife drove our new 22 HD back to Tennessee. Posting picture from dealer lot. Will post more when I wake up.

Attachments

• 94FBA150-8181-4F34-BA3D-0CF3F9C7615E.jpeg
    94FBA150-8181-4F34-BA3D-0CF3F9C7615E.jpeg
    688.2 KB · Views: 130
Reaction score
Andrea, can you clarify your statement about vehicles ordered for a customer getting build preference over inventory units? The was talk of this back in the summer, but obviously it didn't happen. Was there some formal announcement by FCA/Stellantis?
I will certainly try to explain a little better. When a dealer requests or are given allocation, many units can go into various B status. Many will be in bx status and have a build priority of 99, meaning the lowest priority. And they can sit there for up to nearly a year. To give an example, there were Promasters ordered last December and allocated that are finally being built this week for 2021 (all are now sold, too!) But, if a unit is freshly ordered or converted from the allocation to a sold unit, it gets a priority status 1. Assuming they have the exact same options, in most instances, the sold unit is of higher priority and will get built sooner. So, why does it appear that this doesn't always hold true? Because every dealer still needs some unsold inventory. Right now, production is so off, that all dealers are crying for more, as we are all getting about 14% of normal. So, they have to produce enough stock units for the country as well produce the sold units. But, you also see units that are unsold modified by the mfg due to chip shortages, so unsold tortoises beats the sold hares to the finish line. I hope this helps.

Taleraas02

Reaction score
I will certainly try to explain a little better. When a dealer requests or are given allocation, many units can go into various B status. Many will be in bx status and have a build priority of 99, meaning the lowest priority. And they can sit there for up to nearly a year. To give an example, there were Promasters ordered last December and allocated that are finally being built this week for 2021 (all are now sold, too!) But, if a unit is freshly ordered or converted from the allocation to a sold unit, it gets a priority status 1. Assuming they have the exact same options, in most instances, the sold unit is of higher priority and will get built sooner. So, why does it appear that this doesn't always hold true? Because every dealer still needs some unsold inventory. Right now, production is so off, that all dealers are crying for more, as we are all getting about 14% of normal. So, they have to produce enough stock units for the country as well produce the sold units. But, you also see units that are unsold modified by the mfg due to chip shortages, so unsold tortoises beats the sold hares to the finish line. I hope this helps.
This is actually great information, and sheds some light on the build process that we’ve been trying to decode for 759 pages. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread