Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little help? 35x12.50 or 37x12.50 with no lift. What rim offset?

Necro

Reaction score
I've got a 2022 CCLB Tradesman 6.7L that came on a set of spare donut tires from the factory. I want to go up to 37's if possible, but I don't want to lift my truck. I might do a leveling kit on the front if I absolutely have to but I've heard that 37's will clear without a lift if the proper rim offset is used. I've been looking around online and it seems that +18 is close to the correct number for a 9" wide rim. If I went with a 10" wide rim would I need to be around +12? If I'm understanding correctly the closer to 0 I get on the offset the further out my tires and wheels will move outboard. And then negative numbers will keep pushing the tires and rim outside the fender coverage so they stick outside of the truck body. SO with all of that said, I would like to order a set of rims and tires, perferably 37's. I would like to know who here is running 37's with little or no lift, what rim offset you're running, do they rub, and if so how badly and how often?

Thanks in advance!

~Necro~

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I ran 37s at stock height while waiting for my suspension. My wheels and tires are in my signature. I did have to trim the liner and rear pinch welds of the front wheel wells a bit. They cleared fine on flat ground but any flex while turning and they would rub. Every truck is a little different with regards to how they fit.

New shoes sm.jpg

Wilder

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but How do you balance 37s on 17's? Is there clearance for wheel weights? Are you doing beed balancing?

I believe I am in the same position as OP, ready to order 37s (will have level only) but I am a little trigger-shy

Wilder

Reaction score
17x9 +18 and a 37x13.5 tire. Stock height.

Brewbud explained it perfectly. However, I chose to mold the plastic liner with a blowtorch after grinding off part of the pinch weld.

View attachment 24673
What was the result of your trimming? Can you have any flex without rubbing? The CJC off-road people seem to indicate that 37s are no problem after trimming

DeepH20Driller

Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but How do you balance 37s on 17's? Is there clearance for wheel weights? Are you doing beed balancing?

I believe I am in the same position as OP, ready to order 37s (will have level only) but I am a little trigger-shy

Never tried them, but I’ve heard nothing but good about the balancing beads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPurcell01

Reaction score

You have to take it to a good shop. If they put the wheel weights on any lips in the wheel, the caliper will knock them off. Happened to me. However, yes they fit if put in the right locations.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Yes and yes, 37's are not an issue after trimming. Mine still kiss the plastic flexing but - I have 13.5" wide tires - and like I said, I molded the plastic instead of trimming it off.

With a leveling kit, I never rub under normal driving conditions period.

Necro

Reaction score
Thanks for the first hand information! If 17's are so tight the wheel weights might hit the calipers what is the benefit to running them instead of going with an 18 or 20" rim? From what I'm seeing when I price tires and rims all 3 sizes are relatively close in price.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Thanks for the first hand information! If 17's are so tight the wheel weights might hit the calipers what is the benefit to running them instead of going with an 18 or 20" rim? From what I'm seeing when I price tires and rims all 3 sizes are relatively close in price.

More sidewall equals better ride. More options than what's available for 18" wheels too.

Wilder

Reaction score
I still need someone to talk me into (or out of) 37's. Hard to tell, on some trucks 37s look natural, on some it looks so oversize...

35's end up looking kinda small on a lot of these trucks, especially with a leveling kit. I have 35's on my 1/2 ton and they look great, but the incoming 2500 is a much larger vehicle

Are they worth it? anyone go to 37s and regret it?

MtnRider

Reaction score
I still need someone to talk me into (or out of) 37's. Hard to tell, on some trucks 37s look natural, on some it looks so oversize...

35's end up looking kinda small on a lot of these trucks, especially with a leveling kit. I have 35's on my 1/2 ton and they look great, but the incoming 2500 is a much larger vehicle

Are they worth it? anyone go to 37s and regret it?

Do you tow at all? If so I'd nix the 37's just for that reason.
To me 37's look too big on just a leveled truck, not a fan of that "stuffed" look but that's me. I prefer leveled and 35's or a ~3-4" lift and 37's, I think those combos look the best but again, that's just my opinion.

DammitDave

Reaction score
35X12.50 Wildpeak's M/T's, rubs the plastic on turns even after a little trimming but liveable I feel.KIMG0816 (1).JPGKIMG0810.JPGKIMG0647.JPG
KIMG0806 (3).JPG

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
My opinion: A Cummins with a lift or level go 37s. No lift or level go 35s.

Heck, sometimes I even think my 37s look small on my lifted truck after having them on there for a while now.

This is no lift with 37s. For me, this is too stuffed.

side profile unlifted sm.jpg

3.25" Carli added

ram flag 2 sm.jpg

Necro

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help! I ended up scoring a killer deal on a set of 33's and Power Wagon take offs, so I'm going to run with these for a while and decide on the 35/37s at a later time when it's time to replace the 33's. I just wanted to get away from the factory steelies because they looked like spare tires on a truck this big.

Before:
20211029_144218.jpg20211029_151515.jpg

And After:
20211103_180101.jpg20211103_180846.jpg

Lamiglas

Reaction score
Rockcrawlerdude, do you have any pics from the front? I really like that look!

Users who are viewing this thread