Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

RubiRam392

Jackass 4th grade bully
Reaction score
They get trucked up from Phoenix? They don't arrive by rail car to the yard just west of SLC?
Not to my knowledge. It would definitely make sense for them to do that, but from my understanding they are on the rail to phoenix, then trucked to Utah dealerships. Union Pacific does lease out auto racks. I'm unaware of Chrysler products arriving or being transported to SLC via railcar.

tnpete

Reaction score
I missed them by 3 days. Do we know if the wiring is there so that we could possibly order them later and install them. I understand we would probably have to order the switch for the door too but I use the hell out of folding mirrors when I go into the city.
I will be ordering the mirrors next spring to add to mine. From what I found, its plug and play. Well after you turn that feature on.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Well i dont even have a vin number yet for the truck and i was looking over the paper work they never gave me a expected delivery date. Said 3 months but judging from guys on here looks more like 6 lol
So what happened with your deposit? Did they refund it?
you‘ll love working with Renae at Mark Dodge in Louisiana. No pressure or hassle. Just a straight 5% under invoice!

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Last week, my VIN tracker was showing it going to Vascor. This week it is Utilimaster. I guess it is like everything else and can change.
I don't see utilimaster listed.

Lary0071

Reaction score
I don't see utilimaster listed.
Can you verify what I understand from talking to my salesman, that no one can tell if my truck is in a rail car that is still sitting in Mexico or in a rail car moving across the United States... or where it may be until the shipping phase ends? He says that I've been in shipping and showing Stilantis Mexico for what.... 12 days now? Yet my deliver is still showing 10/29 to 11/12.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

PD Luke

Reaction score
First, a big thank you to the moderators and everyone posting comments on this forum. I have been following for most of 2021 now, It’s been entertaining and educational. I ordered a 3500 Laramie SRW HO CC Long Bed thru Sandi at Mark Dodge on Aug 28. The rest of the options include: Maximum Steel Met., Level A Equipment, Towing Tech B, 12" UC5, Auto Level Rear Air, 5th Wheel/GN Tow Prep, Clearance Lamps, LED Bed Lighting, Protection Group, Wheel to Wheel Chrome Steps, Bucket Seats, and Rubber Mats .

This will be my 5th Ram going back to 1996 and most significantly my first automatic transmission in a truck ever. If I have to change over to an automatic trans I wanted to go Aisin. This works out well for us, moving up to a 3500 from a 2500 will allow my wife to move up from a bumper hitch to a GN horse trailer. We can also now rent a 5th Wheel RV instead of a Travel Trailer. Our truck is not normally a daily driver for us, we use it to haul stuff or tow. I ordered from Mark Dodge since the best price I could get in my area was $1000 above invoice at the dealer I have previously purchased from.

My wife and I both will shed a tear when we have to let our 2013 2500 Big Horn CC Long Bed with 6.7 and 6 speed manual go. I have only owned and driven manual transmission trucks going back to growing up on a farm and several years of OTR Semi driving. My wife likes the manual transmission because she can use it to shut down stupid guy comments. Several times a year she takes the truck to work or to Menards/Home Depot and inevitably some clown will comment something to the effect of “that’s a big truck, can you drive that?” She says yes and shows him it’s a manual transmission. The usual result is the guy turns around and walks away with his tail between his legs. We have held onto this truck a couple years longer than our past trucks, but now it’s time to upgrade. Thanks to all here on the forum, my wife and I are coming to terms with towing with an automatic. We are looking forward to an impromptu trip to Lake Charles to drive our new truck home. Realistically we expect it won’t arrive until at least December or January, so we are waiting patiently.

newmason

Reaction score
Not to my knowledge. It would definitely make sense for them to do that, but from my understanding they are on the rail to phoenix, then trucked to Utah dealerships. Union Pacific does lease out auto racks. I'm unaware of Chrysler products arriving or being transported to SLC via railcar.
Interesting because my salesman said it would go to the train station just west of I-15 in SLC and then trucked to the dealership. Maybe he is just feeding me some bull?

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I am now getting "unable to fetch" message now with my VIN where I had been getting the "no records found" message

View attachment 23872

BUT... RamChat says I'm still in D status gathering parts. *shrug*

View attachment 23875
I'm getting the same result as well with my VIN, I checked earlier today and it displayed "no records found" message, then tonight I checked and it displays "unable to fetch required information. Please contact System Administrator" message.

I tried another VIN from Crowdsourced that hasn't been built and it would display "no records found" message for that VIN, I don't know what to think about this.

MegaStro

Reaction score
I just checked and it is back to expected result again. False alarm or messing with folks? The world will never know.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Can someone list the sites you guys are using to track your orders? I’m not sure when or even if I should start tracking my order but Im a glutton for punishment so I’ll probably start tracking it in a month. If y’all can help me track it that’d be great.
Thanks in advance.
Ty

Jake L

Reaction score
Can someone list the sites you guys are using to track your orders? I’m not sure when or even if I should start tracking my order but Im a glutton for punishment so I’ll probably start tracking it in a month. If y’all can help me track it that’d be great.
Thanks in advance.
Ty
Read the first post please.

Thebuilderman

Reaction score
Read the first post please.
I did. Where would you want me to ask this question? Everyone and their mother on this thread has been tracking and it’s a great place to ask the question of where and how and the question hurts no one and may help a lot of us.

RAM_Dad

Reaction score
I did. Where would you want me to ask this question? Everyone and their mother on this thread has been tracking and it’s a great place to ask the question of where and how and the question hurts no one and may help a lot of us.
Ram Chat and your dealer. There isn’t any other service that tracks the build status of your order.

Jake L

Reaction score
Asking your dealer for updates is your best bet, then besides that if you use cryptostickers it can give you an additional update when your truck is built. One person on this forum works for FCA and has access, If he is feeling generous that day he might give an update. But his inbox is probably loaded.

Users who are viewing this thread