Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Ram HD Builds and orders - Post and discuss your TRUCK order here! ** NEW USERS READ POST #1 **

HowBoutThemGADawgs

Reaction score
New member, been lurking for a while now. This will be my 6th Ram truck since 2014. Heres hoping the latest diesel recall doesn't hold it up too long!
Current truck is a 2020 2500 Laramie 4x4 MC Cummins with Night Package in Max Steel, Level 2 and towing tech
Info for the sheet:
New Order 8/18, still showing in D status as of this morning.
VIN 3C6UR5NL3NG156583
2022 Laramie 4x4 MC Cummins Night Edition
Laramie Lvl B
Patriot Blue
No Sunroof
Black Leather Bucket Seats
LED Bed lighting
Clearance Lamps
Mopar floor mounts
Anti Spin
5th Wheel Prep
SI Bedliner
Towing Tech
Safety Group B
12" Display
Auto Level Rear Air
Power deploy running boards

Jake L

Reaction score
Got a build sheet today via RAM Chat - RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab Diesel currently in Quality Control whatever that means - Status appears to be from last week but does not show up on CryptoStickers

No indication of Stop Sale on Build Sheet.

Just wondering what best way to look up Window Sticker other than CryptoStickers?
you can check on Mopar.com under "My Garage" but its likely if you cant find it in one place, it wont be on the others. Also, Check the first page of this forum there might be a link there too.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
From what members are hearing from multiple dealers, it is real. It will be coming very soon (I wouldn’t be surprised if within the week). It is supposed to be from an old issue where a heater relay could make the diesels catch on fire whether the truck was on or off, the previous fix involved just putting silicone on the area. That fix has now been deemed insufficient for safety.

My big issue is Ram does not have a new/acceptable solution for it. So the stop sale is basically “no more diesel sales or deliveries until we fix it, and we don’t know how to fix it”. With Ram’s track record recently who knows how long this set back will take. We also don’t know if they will continue production of diesels or suspend it.

Very disappointing and I hate new delays after waiting this long. That said I also don’t want to go through all this for a new truck just for it to burn down in my driveway.
I just talked to Cummins, it's not their issue, it's Rams, they are working on it quickly to keep things moving.

Jake L

Reaction score
I just talked to Cummins, it's not their issue, it's Rams, they are working on it quickly to keep things moving.
see if you can steal a couple of the fixed parts for when my truck comes in. ill get an early warranty fix from my dealers garbage service department.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Got a build sheet today via RAM Chat - RAM 3500 Longhorn Megacab Diesel currently in Quality Control whatever that means - Status appears to be from last week but does not show up on CryptoStickers

No indication of Stop Sale on Build Sheet.

Just wondering what best way to look up Window Sticker other than CryptoStickers?
Mopar.com

RamDamIt

Reaction score
So there was talk about affiliate program not working. I was just looking on the info I have and it shows that it was still good on the 3500 October 1st
Oops just noticed it’s for 2021… nevermind
It’s up to each individual dealer whether they will honor the Affilate Program. My 2022 truck has been on order since May under the FCA Friends & Family pricing but a few weeks later they wouldn’t honor the program pricing on my wife’s Jeep due to the current business conditions.

Ickabod

Reaction score

"DETROIT -- U.S. safety regulators are investigating fuel pump failures in more than 600,000 diesel Ram trucks that could cause the engines to stall or lose power.

The probe covers Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 heavy-duty trucks with 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel engines.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted on its website Monday that it received 22 complaints and two field reports of engines stalling due to high-pressure fuel pumps failing."

Bruno Diesel

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that there is about a 5,000 VIN gap that occurred on June 16h. VINs jump from about 10800 to 113000 for trucks ordered on the same day. There is another gap around July 21 that jumps from 123000 to 136000. There are also gaps in August and September. Anyone know what that is all about?
It’s called dealer allocation days. It’s when the dealer is allowed to order for dealer stock.

mbarber84

Staff member
Reaction score
"DETROIT -- U.S. safety regulators are investigating fuel pump failures in more than 600,000 diesel Ram trucks that could cause the engines to stall or lose power.

The probe covers Ram 2500, 3500, 4500 and 5500 heavy-duty trucks with 6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel engines.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says in documents posted on its website Monday that it received 22 complaints and two field reports of engines stalling due to high-pressure fuel pumps failing."

This is a separate issue from the oncoming recall / stop-sale. Article is pretty vague but I’m assuming this is referencing failures from the 2019-2020 trucks equipped with the CP4 Injection pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score

That's a different recall that is being investigated

rickthom36

Reaction score
Welp, did my bi weekly ramshat this morning.
I should have taken a screenshot of the convo.
Jacklyn assured me that that there is not a stop sale on these trucks and it is just a rumor.
Either way, they are continuing to say that parts are gathered and should be entering the build process soon............
Im really starting to feel as if Im never going to get this truck.

22BHmega

Reaction score
Jacklyn assured me that that there is not a stop sale on these trucks and it is just a rumor.
Either way, they are continuing to say that parts are gathered and should be entering the build process soon............
What is a stop sale? Haven't heard that term on here...

barracuda2r

Reaction score

Here is the proof you ask for, it has been posted before. It is up to date, scroll to the second page and you will see that there are only 2) 2022 "Eligible Vehicles: Giulia, Stelvio – eligible as of 8-27-2021 Wagoneer, Grand Wagoneer – eligible as of 9-28-2021"
FYI, I called the affiliate program directly and they confirmed that 2022 Rams are not currently eligible for the affiliate program. They expected to update the eligibility list later this year or possibly January which "could" include Ram 2500/3200 but wouldn't commit to anything.

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I just texted my sales guy and tried to order a 2029 truck to replace this 2022....

Users who are viewing this thread