Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do TO your RAM today?

NVYCHF

Reaction score
Finally received my Geno’s locking fuel cap. Received the DEF one back in May.
d3066d2c4908543be922c16f5db7c262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BroKV, how do you like the fit and finish?

Be safe,
Randy

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
Back seat mod allows you to fold down the rear seatbacks to stash small items behind the seats.

There's a million youtube vids on it.
Yep, that's it.
However, I cut where they said to cut, but I dont like it. You have to push/pull hard to lock/unlock the back.
I'm going to look at it some more today while I still have the drivers side out and see if I can trim some more so I dont have to slam it back. But need to make sure the back will stay up when the bottom is folded up.
There will be full details and pictures in my build thread when I'm done.

el_barto

Reaction score
Yep, that's it.
However, I cut where they said to cut, but I dont like it. You have to push/pull hard to lock/unlock the back.
I'm going to look at it some more today while I still have the drivers side out and see if I can trim some more so I dont have to slam it back. But need to make sure the back will stay up when the bottom is folded up.
There will be full details and pictures in my build thread when I'm done.
I’ve found you just need to have the seat cushion at just the right angle and the back comes down easy. Conversely, when putting the seat back up again/putting the cushion down, you have to have the cushion at just the right angle and push/hold the seat back while lowering the cushion. A bit finicky but works fine.

el_barto

Reaction score
20k Maintenance day. Oil change and air filter today... Waiting on filter magnets to arrive before I change diff fluid... maybe able to do that later today if the FedEx guy comes.
Also waiting on wiper blades and a cabin filter.

3ABE8B98-CDCF-4AD2-811D-DF1793AEF951.jpeg7BF65683-3EAB-410D-B280-D9D60D4DEC6E.jpeg

first oil change with the Fumoto valve. Takes a bit longer to drain but no mess and no pans to pour into jugs. I installed the low profile nipple version, Hose doesn’t really like staying on so I had to hold it on while most of the oil came out. Was able to let it support itself while the last dribbles come out. Will either have to get their plastic clips that help keep it on or just replace it with the full nipple version.
9684D8A0-B995-4702-9E3D-AED945BD4D1B.jpeg

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I’ve found you just need to have the seat cushion at just the right angle and the back comes down easy. Conversely, when putting the seat back up again/putting the cushion down, you have to have the cushion at just the right angle and push/hold the seat back while lowering the cushion. A bit finicky but works fine.
I made a slight adjustment.
Left mark is where the top of the latch bar is with the seat cushion is up.
Right mark is the top when the seat cushion is at about 50 degrees. That's the highest the back will go up. So I'm recutting a little. Seat should work better now.20210807_103103.jpg

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
So apparently California and Mississippi trucks are not allowed to have the mirror mounted reverse lights active when backing up.
But I found the code in ALPHAOBD and turned it off. I now have auxiliary mirror mounted reverse lights. Screw you cali and your dumb law.
I'll post details in my build thread and the ALPHA OBD thread.

mcarey

Reaction score
So apparently California and Mississippi trucks are not allowed to have the mirror mounted reverse lights active when backing up.
But I found the code in ALPHAOBD and turned it off. I now have auxiliary mirror mounted reverse lights. Screw you cali and your dumb law.
I'll post details in my build thread and the ALPHA OBD thread.
So originally you could turn them on/off, but had to be in park?

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
You could turn them on and off in PR or N. But as soon as you started moving, they shut off and you coukdnt turn them on unless you were stopped.
They go off in drive no matter what config you have, which makes sense.
There's some stupid rule I guess in Cali and Miss. That says you cant have the bed lights on when the truck is moving. :rolleyes: And since the reverse light is tied to that switch, it turns them off.

el_barto

Reaction score
Maintenance day 2: changed front and rear diff fluid. Probably won’t do it for 40-60k now, as most of the wear happens in the first 15k.

Added filtermag magnets in the diff to grab metal shaving particles, especially important to keep the e-lockers functional. There was a lot of metal build up on the little magnets already. The factory fill plugs are magnetic but the filter magnets are way more powerful and a larger surface area.
4E9080D3-BD84-46A7-B73F-B21FA0B05952.jpeg46DF7F52-2103-4102-AE00-FDFFA56B914E.jpegFF06B320-3694-4245-83DC-3C659B873FFC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread