There is a lot of excitement about the upcoming 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup. With the unveiling of the new trucks on Monday, with starting to learn some more information about the new lineup thanks to dealer released material.
According to the dealer materials, ordering for the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty will open on Monday morning during the unveiling of the truck in Detroit at the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS). Those trucks ordered starting in January, will begin arriving in dealer showrooms in the month of March.
Ram also released production projections for both the 2019 Ram 2500 and 3500 as well. Ram is predicting a take of 35% of the trucks ordered of the 2019 Ram 2500 (DJ) models will be either a higher end Laramie Longhorn or Limited model. The Big Horn/Lone Star models will be the second most popular trim level according to Ram projections with 28% of the 2500 volume. Laramie is close behind with a projected take of 25%. The entry level Tradesman models is projected to be 7% of the production volume ordered, with the mighty Power Wagon is predicted to only be 5% of the volume.
For the 2500 models Ram is predicting 76% of production volume will be powered by the Cummins diesel. That leaves 24% of volume being HEMI powered. Intake for 4×4 models is predicted to be 96% of total volume.
As for the cab configurations, we have stated before there will be three cabs to chose from, Regular Cab, Crew Cab and Mega Cab. Projections show that 80% of production volume will be of the Crew Cab configuration for the 2500, while Regular Cabs will only make up 2%.
For the 3500 (D2) models, the volume projections are quite a bit different. First off lets talk about powertrains. For the 3500, two variants of the legendary Cummins will be available for 2019. This includes a standard Cummins engine and a High Output variant. The High Output version is expected to have a take rate of 51%, while the standard Cummins will take 40% of total 3500 volume. That leaves only 9% being offered with HEMI power.
Trim level take for the 3500 models projections are vastly different than the 2500 (DJ) models. Ram is predicting that the Laramie trim level will be the most popular with 29% of the production volume. The entry level Tradesman isn’t far behind in the production volume projections with 28%. Big Horn/Lone Star models will make up roughly 25% of total number of 3500 models and 18% will consist of the Laramie Longhorn and Limited premium trucks, according to Ram.
While 95% of 3500 production is expected to come with a 4×4 drivetrain, Ram is predicting that 80% of the new 2019 Ram 3500 models will be in the Crew Cab configuration. Intakes of Mega Cab will 15%, while Regular Cab will only make up 5% of the production for the 3500.
While ordering will be available as the truck is unveiling, pricing will not be given according to Ram. Dealers will have access to the un-priced code guides.
Stay tuned as HDRams.com continue to bring you more information about the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duty lineup as it becomes available.
You must be logged in to post a comment.