Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zero brakes, even after bleeding

calhoub

Reaction score
2012 2500 6.7 manual 4x4.

What's going on is when the truck is off, I have a slightly firm pedal that goes to the ground. I can pump it up but it still somewhat goes down(some, but ends up holding pressure around half way down). Once I turn the truck on, I have zero pedal feel and it goes to the ground, takes about 2-3 seconds for it to come back up. I have about 1/32nd the braking I should have at the very bottom of the pedal range(on the floor). I have bled both the hydroboost for several hours as well as the brake system both manually with a friend and also using a vacuum pump. I've also done the alpha obd abs bleeding about 5 times. Nothing has changed the pedal, the problems are all the same pre and post bleeding of both systems and the new master cylinder. This all started when I pulled the axles to put gears/lockers in em. The brake lines were crimped off to prevent leakage. I also had the steering box rebuilt from redneck ram and ports installed for hydro assist because 40s + arb = needs more help steering. I also opened up the brake lines both in the rear at the frame going to the rubber hoses as well as the front driver side wheel well on the frame in order to figure up where to put solenoids so I can have hydro trail turn assist(lock the brakes on the side you want to turn to). Prior to this work, the truck stopped fine, zero issues. Zero leaks that I can see.

From what I'm reading, the hydroboost would cause a hard pedal, not zero pedal. It seems like it would be air in the system, or a master cylinder issue, but.... I can't see either being the culprit as there was zero change before and after changing the master cylinder and hours yesterday and today bleeding both systems. Seriously, what the heck could be the problem? I searched on here several ways and found nothing close to my issue. I also googled it and just get crap. I'm so close to just throwing it at ram and letting them take advantage of me in ways I won't appreciate.

Jsboening

Reaction score
If there isn’t fluid leaking out somewhere I’d assume you still have air in the system. Maybe a reverse bleed from the calipers up to the master cylinder would help push the air out. Iit doesn’t take much air to get a mushy pedal. ’m not sure if crimping the brake lines was a good idea. Could you have damaged the hoses doing that? Sounds frustrating as hell.

calhoub

Reaction score
It ended up being that i had the front calipers on the wrong sides and couldn't get all the air out. When I switched it to being correct and bled it, I have great brakes.

Users who are viewing this thread