Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTB 68527599AA Camera Kit

MLB12

Reaction score
I'm looking for the 68527599AA Rear View Mirror Camera Kit. If anyone has the complete kit available and for sale, please message me.

Thanks in advance.

whitexc

Reaction score
Bump for yah as I am interested in this as well.

What trim is your truck, screen size and what does this net you? Going 5th wheel and I wouldn’t mind the cargo cam if it’s possible on my 8.4 non nav BH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mountainears

Reaction score
These seem to be hard to get. For a while you couldn’t even order the kit but I think it can be ordered now. Any that come available get snatched up quickly.

MLB12

Reaction score
Bump for yah as I am interested in this as well.

What trim is your truck, screen size and what does this net you? Going 5th wheel and I wouldn’t mind the cargo cam if it’s possible on my 8.4 non nav BH.

I've got a 10th Anniversary Longhorn 1500 crew cab. If you mean by "what does this net you", what's the upside of this kit? It allows you to see what's going on behind the trailer you're towing.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone responding to the WTB should make a comment in the thread.

Buyer, be suspect of any contact outside the forum or from a newly minted member.

MLB12

Reaction score
Anyone responding to the WTB should make a comment in the thread.

Buyer, be suspect of any contact outside the forum or from a newly minted member.

Good evening,

I was actually going to start a thread this evening about this very thing.

I was contacted the day after I posted my WTB by someone who advised of another individual who has(supposedly) the exact kit I'm wanting to buy. I presumed the person who originally reached out to me was a forum member, but I can't find them listed anywhere. That alone set me into extra cautious mode, but I figured I'd see what was up. I contacted the 3rd party, we negotiated a price, which I felt fair, but then the difficulties started.

He insisted on using his son's PayPal account, and on top of that using the Friends and Family payment basis, while I held firm for a proper invoice, one that would give me full protection under the PayPal terms should something go sideways. Was I surprised when he wouldn't agree to that, not at all! After a number of emails back and forth, one of which ended in "Trust me", I gave him one more chance to go my way, but advised that I was taking a pass if he didn't. Not too much of a shock when I didn't hear back from him.

If you would like to have the names/contact information of the two parties involved, I can send them through privately.

Your call.......

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
Good evening,

I was actually going to start a thread this evening about this very thing.

I was contacted the day after I posted my WTB by someone who advised of another individual who has(supposedly) the exact kit I'm wanting to buy. I presumed the person who originally reached out to me was a forum member, but I can't find them listed anywhere. That alone set me into extra cautious mode, but I figured I'd see what was up. I contacted the 3rd party, we negotiated a price, which I felt fair, but then the difficulties started.

He insisted on using his son's PayPal account, and on top of that using the Friends and Family payment basis, while I held firm for a proper invoice, one that would give me full protection under the PayPal terms should something go sideways. Was I surprised when he wouldn't agree to that, not at all! After a number of emails back and forth, one of which ended in "Trust me", I gave him one more chance to go my way, but advised that I was taking a pass if he didn't. Not too much of a shock when I didn't hear back from him.

If you would like to have the names/contact information of the two parties involved, I can send them through privately.

Your call.......

If you have an HDRAMS member ID, please PM it.

Anything else there's not much we can do except ask folks to stick to the rules and use some common sense. Glad you spotted the scam, it's a common one.

NEVER respond to an email provided via a PM that is not associated with an established forum account (even those could potentially be hacked*) and never use an unprotected payment service unless you know the person you are dealing with. WTB are especially targeted. Some forums don't even allow WTB posts unless you're a paying, premium member (AR15 dot com does this**).

* Dormant accounts are most often compromised.

** For a brief period, non-premium members couldn't even see WTB forums.

Rubicon31

Reaction score
I sold my 2022 2500 and still have the camera kit if you’re still interested.

Users who are viewing this thread