Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wont run after head install

GaryalpUSA

Reaction score
HI all, I am new here because Im having a problem with my 5.7 in a 16 2500 HD. Had the broken exhaust bolts on both sides and decided to pull the heads to get the broken bolts out. Put it all back together paying special attention to the valve train to make sure I got the rockers and pushrods correct. New seals on the intake when it went back on. The dam thing wont start unless I hold the throttle half way and it starts on 1 cylinder. Finally catches the others but feels like only 4 cylinders are firing and it wont go over 3800 rpm. Checked to make sure all the plugs are tight, sprayed around the intake to see of there were any leaks. Took the valve covers off to make sure the valvetrain is correct. IT is. I tried welding the broken exhaust bolts before pulling the heads and unplugged the emc to make sure no problems there. Anyone have any Idea what the heck is going on. Of course im getting a PO 300 code on my reader.

Users who are viewing this thread